Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Chad Carlin aka Chitty4203 and Oldschoolrc (Watch out for him) >

Chad Carlin aka Chitty4203 and Oldschoolrc (Watch out for him)

Chad Carlin aka Chitty4203 and Oldschoolrc (Watch out for him)

Old 07-30-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Chad Carlin aka Chitty4203 and Oldschoolrc (Watch out for him)

Guys a couple of months back, Chad started a purchase on the 1/4 scale I was selling.. figuring he lived here in Omaha and knowing where at one time he lived... I gave him the Truck and waited on payment.

Well guess what, he sold it on Ebay.. Listed it on a couple of Sites including RCZone under the name of oldschoolrc or something like that...

Took threats to get part of the payment from him, now he is still $130 in the whole to me..

Best part is, he moved and his Father is not cooperating in getting me his address... or a phone # to contact him.

Now for the fun, The Omaha Police department has been contacted as well as Ebay and the Attorney Generals office of Nebraska in regards to this... We found out by his selling the truck he has committed Theft and the value can warrent him some jail time...

Funny thing is he does not care, and infact has the guts to Chew me out for doing all of this...

I am now currently in contact with AOL, to have his service removed as well as the Credit Card Company he used to sell the Truck on Ebay with.. Next thing is Catching him and his girlfreind.... I have turned in both of their license plate #'s to the authorities... And I may be putting a lein on his car untill he has paid his dept or
is arrested...

If anyone Else has Dealings with Chad Carlin of Omaha let me know so we can submit this info to the Police...

Thanks
Tom
[email protected]
www.rcmonsterxtreme.com
Old 07-30-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Regular

Dont get mad get even!! Nice Job!!
Old 07-31-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Good for you!

It's depressing the amount of stories we hear about getting ripped off - one is one too many.

Glad to hear you are getting somewhere with this.

Good luck, keep us informed!

Dave
Old 07-31-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Initiate

I made a mistake,
He is using MSN, not AOL anymore.... Oh well

But here is a letter I got this morning in regards to him.... I could post more if needed... This guy is a looser..

Sent : Saturday, July 31, 2004 10:33 AM
To : "Rock Spyder" <[email protected]>
Subject : Message on RCMX

| | | Inbox

I love the message on RCMX Tom. First of all everytime I have called you pretty much it's been from my new number. Second of all that's great you think I'll get jail time for 130 bucks! LOL Third of all I haven't even sold the truck so you can't prosecute me for that in the first place. My car got broken into and the truck was stolen. Ask the winning bidder he knows all about it. Fourth you should have written on the paper I signed a designated time for it to be repayed for it to be considered legal. Fifth no matter how much shit you talk it dosen't make the money come any faster. Everytime I have got money I have given it to you. I have never just not payed you. I may take along time to pay you but just like you I don't have a job either. What may I ask would you be contacting AOL for I don't even use AOL I don't know where you got that from. I'm expecting a check today in the mail and as soon as I get it I will deposit it and take your money out and send it to you. Your wasting your time and getting all bent outta shape isn''t gonna change how fast anything happens.

- Chad