benj the thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default benj the thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stay away from this guy he is a rip off artist takes the $ and then does not ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

????
Old 11-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gtcuppels View Post
stay away from this guy he is a rip off artist takes the $ and then does not ship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I noticed that he claimed his family owns Reo Raceway.Not sure whether that's true or not,but those were his words.Maybe you can get some info through them.

http://www.reoraceway.com/Contact.shtml

There is a Ben Janes on their race results page.I would imagine that would be him judging by his user name.Again,this is all speculation going by what he has claimed.Good luck!
Old 11-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
I noticed that he claimed his family owns Reo Raceway.Not sure whether that's true or not,but those were his words.Maybe you can get some info through them.

http://www.reoraceway.com/Contact.shtml

There is a Ben Janes on their race results page.I would imagine that would be him judging by his user name.Again,this is all speculation going by what he has claimed.Good luck!
thank you I think pay pal is really after him
Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)

thank you I think pay pal is really after him
Why dont you contact the raceway and find out. If his parents own the place i dont think they want there kid ripping people off with hobby stuff.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by teamlosi906 View Post
Why dont you contact the raceway and find out. If his parents own the place i dont think they want there kid ripping people off with hobby stuff.
Well I did contact raceway it is owned by his uncle and good ole ben was there when I called WHAT A SURPRISE FOR HIM he admitted the scam to his uncle but felt that everything was ok as paypal refunded the money to be frank the uncle was not too concerned either If it was my business and hobby shop good ole ben would be thrown out of the raceway.He is not what this hobby needs.you have to ask the question does it run in the family?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Well I did contact raceway it is owned by his uncle and good ole ben was there when I called WHAT A SURPRISE FOR HIM he admitted the scam to his uncle but felt that everything was ok as paypal refunded the money to be frank the uncle was not too concerned either If it was my business and hobby shop good ole ben would be thrown out of the raceway.He is not what this hobby needs.you have to ask the question does it run in the family?
Ok I certainly understand your frustration. I have been racing at Reo for over 1.5 years. I stay at their home on big race weekends and hang out with them away from the track and not one time have I seen or heard of this guy. He obviously doesn't come around much. Also please do not make assumptions of others that did not do you wrong either. These people would give you the clothes off their backs and are the nicest folks I know. Period. I have sent the owners the link to this thread so they can see it for themselves. Thanks.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

This is the uncle that you talked to on the phone. Yes Ben is my a relative but no one has control over what all of their relatives do. I did take your number talk to him and I called you back, I think that is taking it pretty seriouse. I took time out of my day to make sure no one was hurt and that you were not out any money or goods ....... Please tell me how I should have reacted.... We run a very respected facility with a family atmosphere and the place is packed three nights a week that should let you know what kind of guy I am..... But to get on here and say I didn't take it seriousely tell me maybe you are to sensitve. There are probably alot of people that visit and race at reo that I wouldn't sit down and eat with ...... I guess I could of flew out to Iowa or where ever you are from and rubbed your shoulders and wispered everything is going to be alright in your ear but I just didn't think the situation warranted that kind of attention ...... I also had fifty racers that I was trying to get through the night....... And being a local hobby shop owner my only advice is shop local, look the guy you buy your hobby stuff from in the eye and support your local hobbyshop instead of trying to save a couple dolars on the net.......... Please try to keep me out of your conversations I had nothing to do with this
Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by george69 View Post
This is the uncle that you talked to on the phone. Yes Ben is my a relative but no one has control over what all of their relatives do. I did take your number talk to him and I called you back, I think that is taking it pretty seriouse. I took time out of my day to make sure no one was hurt and that you were not out any money or goods ....... Please tell me how I should have reacted.... We run a very respected facility with a family atmosphere and the place is packed three nights a week that should let you know what kind of guy I am..... But to get on here and say I didn't take it seriousely tell me maybe you are to sensitve. There are probably alot of people that visit and race at reo that I wouldn't sit down and eat with ...... I guess I could of flew out to Iowa or where ever you are from and rubbed your shoulders and wispered everything is going to be alright in your ear but I just didn't think the situation warranted that kind of attention ...... I also had fifty racers that I was trying to get through the night....... And being a local hobby shop owner my only advice is shop local, look the guy you buy your hobby stuff from in the eye and support your local hobbyshop instead of trying to save a couple dolars on the net.......... Please try to keep me out of your conversations I had nothing to do with this
When you allowed BEN to reference ownership in your raceway and hobby shop HE not I dragged you and your business into the situation. So in your mind the fact that he stole $ from me that was eventually refunded by Paypal who is now out the $ is Ok. I beg to differ with you.As for supporting my lhs I do to the tune of many $$$$. I want to be clear here Ben dragged you into this, wisper in his ear not mine. The tone of you message rings very clear it is ok to steal and ask buyers if they received the truck yet knowing full well that you took the $ and ran. You know there is an old saying the fruit does not fall far from the tree in this case it is clear that it does not.I am truly sorry that you are stuck with such a jerk maybe you should disavow him and make him retract his association with your business publically and exclude him from your business as certainly he is doing you NO favors.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

When you allowed BEN to reference ownership in your raceway and hobby shop HE not I dragged you and your business into the situation. So in your mind the fact that he stole $ from me that was eventually refunded by Paypal who is now out the $ is Ok. I beg to differ with you.As for supporting my lhs I do to the tune of many $$$$. I want to be clear here Ben dragged you into this, wisper in his ear not mine. The tone of you message rings very clear it is ok to steal and ask buyers if they received the truck yet knowing full well that you took the $ and ran. You know there is an old saying the fruit does not fall far from the tree in this case it is clear that it does not.I am truly sorry that you are stuck with such a jerk maybe you should disavow him and make him retract his association with your business publically and exclude him from your business as certainly he is doing you NO favors.
If he spanked him would that make you feal better? its his uncle not his father and the boy lied to you and it sounds like the uncle did more than he needed to. I dont think the uncle has anything to do with his nephew saying he was parts of the raceway he could have just shrugged you off and never called you back. wow really?
Old 11-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nastystroker View Post
If he spanked him would that make you feal better? its his uncle not his father and the boy lied to you and it sounds like the uncle did more than he needed to. I dont think the uncle has anything to do with his nephew saying he was parts of the raceway he could have just shrugged you off and never called you back. wow really?
Exactly! Sheez
Old 11-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Adept

You know the fact of the matter is little Ben is a 25 year old father of two and I am his uncle ....... But again I can't help what the guy did or didn't do......... Also I think the shoulder rub and whisper in the ear thing hit a nerve? If so I'm sorry but I suggest you spend your time worrying about more important things ........ Surely you have something in your life that is more important than a rc deal gone bad that you yourself told me you were out no money what so ever ...... Get over it and go on to the next deal......... I'm also related to a professional baseball player but people don't call and bad mouth me on forums when he makes an error
Old 11-05-2010, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

You know the fact of the matter is little Ben is a 25 year old father of two and I am his uncle ....... But again I can't help what the guy did or didn't do......... Also I think the shoulder rub and whisper in the ear thing hit a nerve? If so I'm sorry but I suggest you spend your time worrying about more important things ........ Surely you have something in your life that is more important than a rc deal gone bad that you yourself told me you were out no money what so ever ...... Get over it and go on to the next deal......... I'm also related to a professional baseball player but people don't call and bad mouth me on forums when he makes an error
dude your cousin needs some serious batting practice and he could stand to lose a few pound.j/k i dont know who he is or who you are all's i know is its clear that you and your shop had nothing to to with this. Your nephew needs to start thinkin about what kind example he will make for his children.I also agre that its time to move on from this unfortunate situation, and im glad that the moneys were recovered.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Adept

Last edited by Marcos.J; 11-05-2010 at 11:17 AM. Reason: issued infraction
Old 11-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

lol:
ok i was taking up for you but after that i think you need help and IF i lived in your area i think i would stop coming to your track. I said spank i didnt say take out your fantasies on him. i hope this thread is locked now.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 11-05-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service