Bad deal with JColeman

Old 11-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

I got respect for the man at least coming to defend himself. Whoever is in the right (maybe neither) I hope it works out and everyone can move on.

Buying used stuff is tricky and there is a reason something that originally cost $500 is now going for $250.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Just because the car is cheaper than new, doesn't mean you can describe it as "like-new" and I should expect a very worn out, 2nd owner, asphalt driven car just because it is half price. The car I got was clearly not the car that was described on the phone and in the ad. Just because it may have all cost 500 new doesn't mean I should just accept whatever I get. I was looking for a "like new" car, the price shouldn't matter, only the description. It is up to me to decide how much I want to spend on a used item. To make that choice, I should get an accurate description of what I am buying.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
Dude! Have you lost your mind!

I just noticed the crap the you've been spewing about this deal.

Let's review the facts.
FIRST OFF, I was asking $300 for this package originally. I had several people offer me deals when I told you I would sell it to you for &260 shipped!!
It cost me $15 to ship it!!

I had no ill intentions in my original posting.
I thought I could help a dude out.
You went on to tell me it would really help you out right now, you've been laid off and don't have any money, you can't compete with the dual belt cars at your track, etc......

Dude, I talked to you for like 20 minutes on the phone!!
I told you that a couple of the pictures were taken a while ago and that the body is not in that condition anymore. I clearly stated that no electronics were included. You have made it sound like I told you something incorrectly.
I went over each item while on the phone with you!!!
You have concocted such an inaccurate story about this whole thing.

The wheels you are trying to show were EXTRA FREE SOREX PRACTICE WHEELS/TIRES I GAVE YOU.....NOT IN THE ORIGINAL LISTING.

You have left many details out in your rant.
I told you this deal was final when I accepted your $260.00 offer.

I have made several deals in the RC world and never had an issue,
I have many transactions on ebay, never an issue.

And fellow posters, You have been completely duped by a guy creating an inaccurate story.
This is absolutely ridiculous.
I am glad to see you finally responded. Your post cracks me up. Since I joined this site I have bought 6 other cars besides your TC5 plus made a trade for a Baja SS and I didn't have a single problem with any of those transactions... but this deal was VERY FAR from how it was advertised. Just look at the name of your thread "Team Associated Factory Team TC5R - like new with extras", would anyone consider the condition of that body, the bottom of the car and those tires "like new"?? Your final PM to me still stated "The car was not ran on asphalt". We did talk on the phone for more than twenty minutes and you told me I was getting a car that you bought new, ran 5 times on carpet only but you couldn't keep up with your sponsored buddies so you were selling the car. It was supposed to be set up by a local sponsored driver but it was a joke when I got it. The front diff was crooked, it was completely missing the spacers on one arm, the rear diff was one of the roughest I have ever felt and it was installed crooked too The droop was setup different on every arm (ranging from 3 to 8). The tires in that pic are the Jacos, not those junk Sorex you threw in (that you also claimed were like new and only run on carpet although they were clearly worn out already from running on asphalt). I can post some pics of the Sorex if you would like, they are even worse than those Jacos.

I sent you a PM about the electronics after paying because I noticed they were not pictured in every ad. I was very excited and after looking over the pics again I noticed the electronics were not in all of the pics. I didn't think it was a problem since the ad clearly stated "I have taken detailed pictures of everything included". I still figured I should ask to make sure. This was my PM sent at 5:15PM the same day my payment was sent

"I just noticed that some of the pics in that thread have the servo and Spektrum SR300 but some of them don't. I thought they were included, but I wanted to make sure before I assumed they were. Are they included with the TC5R?

Thanks again for the awesome deal, you don't know how much it really helps to find a great deal like this!!"

You were online several times before you finally sent your response at 10:08PM that night

"Hey Jason,

Man I'm sorry if that was misleading. The car is without any electronics. I forgot that I took those pics with my servo and receiver still in there. I did state that you would need to add all your own electronics...

You still got a sweet ride for a sweet price...

Sorry for the confusion. You should have the package by Thursday... Have fun..."

If you told me that no electronics were included on the phone (like your post says above), then why did I send you that PM?? I felt pretty upset but I decided to let it go. I thought your ad was clear and showed the SR300 in the very first pic of the car with no body. My response to your PM was:

"Thats ok, I should have asked about it when we were talking on the phone. I just didn't notice they weren't in all of the pics. It is still a pretty good deal though. Thanks for getting it shipped out quickly."

I was clearly not looking to screw anyone. I even let the electronics ripoff slide because I thought I was getting a "like new" car with awesome bodies... not bodies that are beat up, drilled for other cars (multiple times) and badly tweaked. I just wanted the car that was described on the phone and in your ad. When I didn't get it and offered to return the car immediately at my own expense, you refused. You didn't try to work it out in any way, you just said the deal was done. Your ad is clearly misrepresenting the car I recieved and our phone conversation made the car sound even better than the ad

I think anyone that looks at your ad, the descriptions and then sees the pics of what I recieved knows who got screwed.

Thanks for the negative feedback too. I have hundreds of online transactions and a perfect feedback rating on every site. It is clear to see who is the scammer here.

Last edited by Funky; 11-12-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Not that my opinion matters but the ad is a bit misleading. When it says set up by a sponsored driver does that really mean he used a local driver's setup or a sponsored guy set it up as in sponsored by Terrible's or 7-11? The pictures taken by Funky paint a different picture than the original ad. The PM's kind of seal the deal.

Description is everything. There are a lot of people that have different definitions of what a roller is. I see ads that include some electronics and state it as a roller. Take a minute to reread your ad and make sure it isn't going to lead to something like this. Based on your asking price and pictures I would have assumed it included everything in the pictures and in that condition.

Personally, I describe everything in a slightly lesser condition because my "like new" might not be the same as the buyer's like new. 99% percent of the people who have bought from me tell me it is better than described and think they got a great deal.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funky View Post
Just because the car is cheaper than new, doesn't mean you can describe it as "like-new" and I should expect a very worn out, 2nd owner, asphalt driven car just because it is half price. The car I got was clearly not the car that was described on the phone and in the ad. Just because it may have all cost 500 new doesn't mean I should just accept whatever I get. I was looking for a "like new" car, the price shouldn't matter, only the description. It is up to me to decide how much I want to spend on a used item. To make that choice, I should get an accurate description of what I am buying.
I really think you misunderstood what I wrote. In NO WAY was I saying you're even a little bit wrong and am not taking sides at all. I just said used stuff is tricky. I bought 2 Tekin RS speedos from a local guy and both went up within a week. Sucks but it's part of the risk of buying used stuff. I completely agree that he should have accepted a return if you weren't happy though.

Good luck to ya.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

It looks like the chassis is the same in both pics but when he said everthing in the pic is included did you expect to get the battery that you can see the wires hanging in one pic? you gotta ask and dont assume nothing. but on the other hand that body is trash and he should replace that. Ive been watching this for awhile and it seams the seller didnt put it in his add but told all about on the phone and the buyer is mad cause he didnt read between the lines like most sellers do on here(trust me i know)
Old 11-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Neu Racer, sorry if I misunderstood your post. I know that buying online can be tricky and that is why I asked so many questions on the phone. I should have handled the deal in PMs so everything would be on record. Fortunately, I did use PMs after the sale which shows Jcolemans responses. I only posted the PMs above because Jcoleman clearly lied again about telling me there were no electronics included when we talked on the phone. I haven't posted the rest of the PMs out of respect for "private" messages but they are pretty amusing and clearly show how Jcoleman handles the sale once he has your money When we talked on the phone, he made the car sound like it was my dream car, set up by an professional sponsored driver from his track. Only ran on carpet 5 times and "like new". 2 sets of like-new tires and a race body like the guys at my track use. Unfortunatly the blue body was the one I was most excited about because it was the only "race" body included which is what our track runs. I figured since he said he took "detailed" pics, that the stuff shown in the pics would be what I would recieve. Money is very tight so I would not spend over 250 bucks on a car that has been pretty beat up, driven on asphalt and only had one good body (The M3, which is not an actual "race" body). He never said anything about these being older pics when we talked on the phone or in his post, he just kept telling me how sweet this car was and what a great deal I was getting for the price. If he took DETAILED pics for the for-sale thread, why would he use old pictures? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of posting detailed pictures

Buying used stuff online can be very tricky but I have had great success besides this deal. I have made hundreds of online deals and they have worked out very well. I thought I asked more than enough questions but it looks like we just had different views on what the car actually was. I let my guard down and got screwed. I thought I asked more than enough questions on the phone, but I think he just told me what I wanted to hear, not the truth. Like Jcoleman said, we talked for twenty minutes on the phone. I must have asked a million questions. He sounded like a really nice guy that was giving me an awesome "like-new" car. He never said anything about the blue body being un-useable, the severe scratches and wear marks covering the bottom of the chassis, the tires being worn out or the other bodies not fitting the car.

HOWEVER, I feel like the worst part of the deal was how it was handled afterwards. I would never want anyone to be unhappy with something I sold them. If they didn't feel like they got what I described, I would definately allow them to return the product and get their money back (or offer other ways to make the deal right). Even without the electronics, if this car had a new bottom plate (not all scratched up from asphalt), the tires were in the condition shown in the pics and the blue racing body in the condition it showed in the ad, I would have been very happy with the deal... even with the extra junk bodies, horrible setup and parts that were supposed to be all new although some of them have obviously been used. In the end I ended up with a badly beat up car with a horrible setup and 1 useable body for 260 bucks. Just not a good deal IMO and not the deal I thought I was getting. There are sometimes little problems when buying something used, but I can overlook them for an overall great deal. What I ended up with was rediculous.

Nastystroker, of course I didn't assume I was getting a battery that only shows part of the wires in a pic... but why wouldn't I assume the SR300 was included when it was very clearly pictured in the very first pic of the car with the body off. The ad says he took DETAILED pics of everything included... so why was there a pic of an SR300 on the car?? If you read my PMs after the sale, I let the electronics scam go because I thought the car I was getting was so great based on the description in the ad and our conversation on the phone. I am not looking to screw anyone, if I sell something and the buyer wasn't happy with what they recieve, I am not happy and I would do whatever I could to make it right. Fortunately I am an honest guy and I have never had a complaint after hundreds on online deals. Every buyer has been happy and left positive feedback and most of them told me the items arrived better than expected because I don't misrepresent anything I sell. Like Jacsac, I will under describe items just becuase I understand many people have different thoughts on good condition of a product. This usually leaves the buyer very happy becuase they got something better than expected... not over-priced junk that has been badly beaten up.

Last edited by Funky; 11-12-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nothing like new pics of car and then what you get has been trashed. Thats unfortunate that you had to go through that.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JColeman View Post
Dude! Have you lost your mind!

I just noticed the crap the you've been spewing about this deal.

Let's review the facts.
FIRST OFF, I was asking $300 for this package originally. I had several people offer me deals when I told you I would sell it to you for &260 shipped!!
It cost me $15 to ship it!!

I had no ill intentions in my original posting.
I thought I could help a dude out.
You went on to tell me it would really help you out right now, you've been laid off and don't have any money, you can't compete with the dual belt cars at your track, etc......

Dude, I talked to you for like 20 minutes on the phone!!
I told you that a couple of the pictures were taken a while ago and that the body is not in that condition anymore. I clearly stated that no electronics were included. You have made it sound like I told you something incorrectly.
I went over each item while on the phone with you!!!
You have concocted such an inaccurate story about this whole thing.

The wheels you are trying to show were EXTRA FREE SOREX PRACTICE WHEELS/TIRES I GAVE YOU.....NOT IN THE ORIGINAL LISTING.

You have left many details out in your rant.
I told you this deal was final when I accepted your $260.00 offer.

I have made several deals in the RC world and never had an issue,
I have many transactions on ebay, never an issue.

And fellow posters, You have been completely duped by a guy creating an inaccurate story.
This is absolutely ridiculous.
He has 20 trades..................you have 4........3 good...........1 bad

The top photo in your ad shows a body in great shape........his photo shows garbage

".......detailed photos of everything included......" means servo and receiver are included. A word of advice ............don't show photos of parts you don't intend to include.

I'm no one's judge. Having said that..............I find in favor of the plaintiff.