R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Warnign about Hobby King (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/434261-warnign-about-hobby-king.html)

robert76 09-12-2010 07:53 PM

Warnign about Hobby King

Just a warning to anyone who cares. On 8/6/10 I ordered 3 batteries, 4 servos, 1 ESC, 1 brushless motor, 2 spartan gyros, and 4 packs of electrical connectors. I finally recieved the box on 8/31/10. The only thing inside was the batteries, so I called up customer service. They asked that I send them picturesof the box, contents, and the filled box on a scale to verify it's weight, and I did so that night. I recieved an email that they were reviewing the case. Tonight, 9/12/10, I got a reply saying that the box had been repacked at the warehouse, and that the package weight matched with the package the shipper picked up. (The ESC is currently on backorder, so I'm not sure how they repacked it). I called customer service again and was refused the right to talk to a supervisor. My only recourse is a partial refund from PayPal (talking to them tonight too). Unfortunatley, of the $424.19 of missing merchandise, only $154.87 was from that PayPal transaction since I had store credit from a previously cancelled transaction that I got tired of waiting for on back order. BUYER BEWARE! :flaming:

synrgy 09-12-2010 08:49 PM

I dunno, not saying i dont believe you. But i have order twice from hobbyking both times upwards of $200 per order, both arrived to australia withing 5 days of me placing the order, this is with the cheapest shipping option.

Both packages had everything i had ordered & they were packed well.

Are you saying that they did not ship all of the parts to you ? Did you have shipping insurance on your package ? can you claim through that by any chance ??

I dont know how they could stuff up $400 worth of gear, unless someone on the way pinched it from your box.

Did customs open the package ?

OUTCAST 09-12-2010 09:03 PM

that sucks

dude, that sucks. sorry about your luck. people will always be willing to buy for them because of their prices. the price outways the risk. try these guys....http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx. it has worked for some people.
sorry i couldn't do more.

synrgy 09-12-2010 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by robert76 (Post 7932022)
I got a reply saying that the box had been repacked at the warehouse, and that the package weight matched with the package the shipper picked up.

So they are saying that the weight of the box they shipped out is the same weight as the box picked up by you at the postoffice.

Hobbyking should have a receipt with the package weight on it, & the post office should also know the weight of the package they shipped to you.

If they are different & hobbyking can show their receipt then someone has pinched your stuff during shipping or they fallen out(which i doubt), the only other thing i can think of is you are lying (One again i'm not accusing you of lying, just writing out what could have happened).

genoxite 09-12-2010 09:11 PM

suprizing i have ordered many of times with them and always satisfied

xxkiloxx 09-12-2010 09:18 PM

that sucks! Ive never had a problem 9knock on wood)... sorry man

Racer 1966 09-12-2010 09:18 PM

Fighting an overseas company is probably a losing battle,but I would fight all you can. If I read right,you say the package you have weighs the same as their shipper weighed but you only have the same batteries and packaging in it correct? That's proof positive IMO that the other parts could never have been there to start with,or the box weights would have to differ.

BTW-it good to try and warn others,but this is the wrong forum to do it in.

hernandez519 09-12-2010 10:17 PM

That really sucks sorry bro but I have never had a problem.

madac 09-12-2010 10:59 PM

I ordered from hobbyking over a month ago and they shipped it out two weeks ago because the servos I ordered were on back order but it also states in their billing that if stuff is back ordered they may ship out what they have in stock if the back order was in effect after you ordered it. If the stuff you are missing was back ordered after you purchase you may get it when they come back into stock and shipped on their dime.

I would just check into that but I also had customs here in Canada rip all my boxes apart to make sure it was what it said it was and they threw my charger and two servos with the charger, cables and instructions all over and not in it's box and piss poorly taped back up.

If the boxed you weighs the same as their shipped weight without the extra items in the box it may get shipped later or it may still be on back order. Just check with that and see. Also if you ordered online you make up an account to shop there check the online invoice in that section because it will tell you if the rest will be shipped at a later date.

I hope this helps and everything works out for you.

InsaneRC 09-12-2010 11:24 PM

i smell a scam?

I Plan on Ordering a Battery threw them cuz the prices are good for a Lipo.

PFKAOG 09-12-2010 11:38 PM

Just a warning to anyone who cares. On 8/6/10 I ordered 3 batteries, 4 servos, 1 ESC, 1 brushless motor, 2 spartan gyros, and 4 packs of electrical connectors. I finally recieved the box on 8/31/10. The only thing inside was the batteries, so I called up customer service. They asked that I send them picturesof the box, contents, and the filled box on a scale to verify it's weight, and I did so that night. I recieved an email that they were reviewing the case. Tonight, 9/12/10, I got a reply saying that the box had been repacked at the warehouse, and that the package weight matched with the package the shipper picked up. (The ESC is currently on backorder, so I'm not sure how they repacked it). I called customer service again and was refused the right to talk to a supervisor. My only recourse is a partial refund from PayPal (talking to them tonight too). Unfortunatley, of the $424.19 of missing merchandise, only $154.87 was from that PayPal transaction since I had store credit from a previously cancelled transaction that I got tired of waiting for on back order. BUYER BEWARE! :flaming:

Just another reason to buy items from your LHS

synrgy 09-12-2010 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by InsaneRC (Post 7932710)
i smell a scam?

I Plan on Ordering a Battery threw them cuz the prices are good for a Lipo.

go for it!

I get all my electronics through them with no issues.

Must have been a hiccup this one....

smokinu 09-12-2010 11:51 PM

Start a post about a HK cheap dealer.... Check

Post only once about said HK dealer..... Check

Sign off Right after you post..... Check

this is probably some lipo manufacure dude trying to scare us into not dealing with Hobby King.

I say this thread is BS!! and until the guy shows proof of all this he is a lieing scammer..

chad ring any bells?

synrgy 09-13-2010 12:03 AM

who is chad ? Enlighten us less knowledgeable :nod:

stinger30 09-13-2010 02:05 AM

you said the same thing on a few forums now...