need decision help

Old 10-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default need decision help

I recently traded a b44 in perfect shape for 3 3cell lipos two of which work great but the third one after running for 5 minutes in my back yard puffed up and 2 of the four balance wire are no longer attached. before getting these batteries the add says he had to rewrap this battery due to balance wires coming off. I ran this battery in a stock slash 4x4 in my back yard with no jumps just grass. I have contacted the trader and he says they were fine before he sent them. Now my problem is he wont take it back or give me another battery and he has already left me poss. feedback so what should i do? I dont believe its my fault and i believe he rewrapped it because it was a bad battery. what should i do?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

come on 44 veiws and no one can give me a opinion. Should i leave neg feedback?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I"d leave a neutral.

You DID get 3 batteries for what you traded for, and batteries are like any electronics. Buyer Beware.

The damage could have been present before you got them....or it may not have been. It's hard to tell.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Could have started in the "Trader Feedback" section.

I'm not sure what I would do. There is a neutral feedback option, you could give a short explanation. Maybe ask again if there's any way you guys could work something out. Also, take note for future transactions.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think im just gonna leave him neg feedback. Ive been doing this for 20+ years and i hate being screwed over. There is no way i did anything to make this battery puff.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

This is just the very reason on why I don't buy LiPos or any electronics used, stand up guy gets basicly screwed (rewrapped battery?) when he asked seller To make it right, seller refused to deal or make any type of a deal, don't you guys find it a little suspicions that the pack that the seller "repaired" was the one that "puffed"..then as IF this is a good excuse..well 2 outa 3 is pretty good, you know better than to buy used batteries..I say leave negative feedback..
Old 10-31-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After knowing the battery had previous damage you still took the chance and made the trade. If he guaranteed his repair to the battery then yes give him a neg feedback. It sucks that it happened but its not like he didn't tell you about the previous damage and repair.

I don't use lipo so don't know about them. I thought they will sometimes swell a little and then return to normal. Do you have to "do something" to them to cause them to swell? They dont just get old or something and swell?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I would say that the seller implied that the battery was fine, The "problem" was with balance wires coming off and that's why the battery was rewrapped, the buyer should have asked a few more questions granted but it still does not lessen the sellers responsibilities, another reason on why I don't sell or buy used electronics..things can go wrong and if your a seller who wishes to keep good feedback scores, you need to make it right..On the buyer..Nastystroker has good feedback, no complaints about him or how he conducts HIS business, this is why I take his side of this story..hasn't made stuff "up" so why would he start now?
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
I would say that the seller implied that the battery was fine, The "problem" was with balance wires coming off and that's why the battery was rewrapped, the buyer should have asked a few more questions granted but it still does not lessen the sellers responsibilities, another reason on why I don't sell or buy used electronics..things can go wrong and if your a seller who wishes to keep good feedback scores, you need to make it right..On the buyer..Nastystroker has good feedback, no complaints about him or how he conducts HIS business, this is why I take his side of this story..hasn't made stuff "up" so why would he start now?
I didn't mean to sound like I was taking sides. Guess devils advocate.

Like I said I havent used lipos so I dont know anything about them. How does one know that a battery is going to puff the next time its used? Once they puff do they go back to reg size?

Now if it was just the wires came off again I would fix them since the trader didnt do it right the first time. Sounds like the main problem is with the puffing. I understand that puffing is not good but dont know how one would know that its going to puff in the next time or two that its used.

I agree as a seller I would make it right.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

lipos are tricky and ive had a lipo catch fire and catch my garage on fire so im not happy when i get a deal on a bad lipo. I have contacted the seller again and told him id like some cash to take up for the bad deal, so now im waiting to see what he'll say but i dont like it when i use something for less than 5 mins and he says its my problem.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

im guessing he doesnt care about his feedback because he wont answer me now.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nastystroker
I think im just gonna leave him neg feedback. Ive been doing this for 20+ years and i hate being screwed over. There is no way i did anything to make this battery puff.
I know it sucks when used gear fails and you thought you got a good deal.
Lets look at lipo facts, if he did have a loose balance cable and fixed it. then you drive it around squished into a slash 4x4 over some bumps. this can short the 2 little repaired (maybe not perfectly insulated) wires together.

This is the quickest way I have ever seen to puff 2 cells at once.

If you over discharged a lipo, usually it will be the one cell that dropped will puff. Not 2.

Just my experiences

also, if you already experienced a lipo fire, WHY WOULD YOU RISK USED LIPOS!

The feedback question is a difficult one, were they working when the trade was done, probably.
was the damage done after receiving them? probably.
tough call but in my rc trading experience I would say the seller traded a assumed good item... I dont know any history on either trader, just reading the scenario.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

i got the batteries and put one in my sons slash and one in mine never charged because the seller had said he was sending them charged my sons truck ran fine and that pack is still fine i stopped after only a couple mins and noticed mine was swollen so i quit running so i never put them on a charger just straight out of the package to our trucks. the other two packs still work great but as i had said before this is the pack he had worked on. and i got these used packs because the economy sucks and really hate thinking about the money it costs to buy new ones and i guess im just to trusting in people.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

I would leave neg. feedback. I know about the whole buyer beware deal, but I think it is a poor excuse for someone to sell anything knowing it is damaged and not disclosing and hoping the buyer doesn't ask all the right questions.

Then the seller can say Well I thought it was fine and you never asked. That is a BS way of doing things, and think everyone should know if that is how someone does business.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks badaml that was my thought. he still wont answer my pms i think its been long enough

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.