Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking Numbers information

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 08:54 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Tracking Numbers information

I'm curious as to how this works. If I drop something off to be delivered USPS and given a tracking number, it states "your item has been accepted.... blah blah". Now IF I were to have them reverse it and send it back to me, would that status change? I mean you would think, but does anyone have experience in this? I just don't understand how the status hasn't changed in close to 2 months...
Old 06-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default cfn

You sent something, And its been 2 months and never received it .Or you stopped shipment and wanted it back ??
Old 06-24-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

USPS does not provide "tracking"...theirs is CALLED delivery confirmation because that's exactly what it is, confirmation that delivery has taken place. Once in a blue moon I see them list intermediate stations along the way, but (likely) 90% of the time the first entry after the initial "accepted at station" or "sender has notified us of package" is that it has been delivered.

Your package has not been delivered, ergo it hasn't been listed as such.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Suspended

Seller sent me a package and never received it. He provided me with a tracking number. It never changed status. Normally once it enters Canada then Canada post tracks it quite well. Seller sent me a complensation package and THAT has been almost 2 months. Same thing with that number "dropped off". He compensated me with the small amount of insurance money from THAT package. I don't think at all that he scammed me. 2 packages and never recieved them and tracking numbers don't change status or ever show enterring Canada. I'm just wondering if the status of the package will ever change if they were sent back to him? I'm surprised he recieved insurance money, but status stays the same? Shouldn't it show like "undeliverable" or something? Tracking number info looks the same as when he dropped it off.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

does it say this when you type in the conf #?

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on ___ 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Because this means that the shipper used the shipping usps label print outs you get by using paypal/ebay. I have used these before and its cheaper and you dont have to wait in line, but theres a 3% chance that they will scan that label. I shipped a body out to a dude and it took it 12 days to get there and on that 12th day the finally scanned it. So sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The piss poor USPS "Tracking" system is THE reason I always ship fedex or UPS.

I would rather pay more and be able to track my item
Old 06-24-2010, 09:07 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by speedracer rc
does it say this when you type in the conf #?

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on ___ 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Because this means that the shipper used the shipping usps label print outs you get by using paypal/ebay. I have used these before and its cheaper and you dont have to wait in line, but theres a 3% chance that they will scan that label. I shipped a body out to a dude and it took it 12 days to get there and on that 12th day the finally scanned it. So sometimes you get lucky sometimes you dont.
No, it states that the item was accepted...
Old 06-24-2010, 09:09 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Drusillus
The piss poor USPS "Tracking" system is THE reason I always ship fedex or UPS.

I would rather pay more and be able to track my item
UPS is a F*&^in scam across the border! This is the ONLY time I've ever had a problem through USPS and that is why I question it. I find it hard to beleive 2 packages disappeared. I could see possibly an issue with delivery, but then it should get returned to sender. I'm just wondering if it would not show that...
Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
Suspended

Still sore about this...
Old 10-10-2010, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I had an issue last month where the seller messed up the address. In the USPS tracking info it said undeliverable due to incorrect/imcomplete address. Item returned to sender. Or something like that. Sucks that your still having an issue.