R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Suggestions please (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/409392-suggestions-please.html)

SirKarnage 06-18-2010 10:26 PM

Suggestions please

Dealing with a buyer, who now wants a refund...

I sold a brushless motor to someone, about 4 weeks ago, who claims the motor holes are ALL stripped.. which I know for a fact were not.
The PM I received was fairly frank, bordering on threatening action against me via paypal and feedback..
I replied asking if he had used the correct screws etc, and he even replied saying he used the ones that came with it (ahem!)....

I do not feel I should have to refund. I know for a fact they were not stripped when I had it or when I shipped it.
As I feel I would not receive the motor back or in a condition that would not be usable.

Any suggestions on a course of action?

The User is newer, and I knew I should not have dealt with him due to lack of following direction in the intial PM's payment.. (he's out of US, but we met in the middle by having me ship to a border town) ...

Marcos.J 06-19-2010 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by SirKarnage (Post 7560939)
Dealing with a buyer, who now wants a refund...

I sold a brushless motor to someone, about 4 weeks ago, who claims the motor holes are ALL stripped.. which I know for a fact were not.
The PM I received was fairly frank, bordering on threatening action against me via paypal and feedback..
I replied asking if he had used the correct screws etc, and he even replied saying he used the ones that came with it (ahem!)....

I do not feel I should have to refund. I know for a fact they were not stripped when I had it or when I shipped it.
As I feel I would not receive the motor back or in a condition that would not be usable.

Any suggestions on a course of action?

The User is newer, and I knew I should not have dealt with him due to lack of following direction in the intial PM's payment.. (he's out of US, but we met in the middle by having me ship to a border town) ...

after 4 weeks?? hmm, thats alot of use, now if he noticed that they were stripped like the day or so after he got the motor then yes. For a refund I would ask for him to ship the item back then upon arrival , I would issue a refund.

teamlosi906 06-19-2010 08:02 AM

sale

Your feedback should speak for itself :nod::nod:

92 vert 06-19-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by teamlosi906 (Post 7561861)
Your feedback should speak for itself :nod::nod:

Yes it should...but if you want to keep your feedback spotless you will probally have to take the motor back and issue a refund..it stinks that some random idiot can screw up feedback so easily if they want to....:flaming:

littlealex 06-19-2010 09:28 AM

SirKarnage, i am the buyer and i also found out the shaft is slightly bent.
remember the bolts that come with the motor? its not the right size of bolts, thats how you strip the holes.
i recieved the motor a week ago and i didnt had time to check it out few days after, thats the reason why its been few weeks (shipping time + delay for pick up + i took my time to check out the motor)
the motor is not in good condition as described. please refund my money and i will send back the motor

ps. i also have many good transaction records but only few left me good feedback

teamlosi906 06-19-2010 09:34 AM

feedback

Originally Posted by 92 vert (Post 7562123)
Yes it should...but if you want to keep your feedback spotless you will probally have to take the motor back and issue a refund..it stinks that some random idiot can screw up feedback so easily if they want to....:flaming:

Yes, But you have to draw the line at some point .Thats when people take advantage of you . Well they think they can. with the threats of bad feedback. thats when the moderators should really look into the feedbacks of both people? that are dealing. Which im sure they do a great job as it is!!

littlealex 06-19-2010 09:37 AM

i dont mean to screw someones feedback but if i have to, i will.
i was kinda disappointed of the look of the look of the motor (scratches at the bottom of the can, shaft have marks cause by over tighten of pinion screw). i know its used, and it only cost me $50 so i would suck it up and use it as long as it spins. but i couldnt even mount it on my car properly, how can i "have alot of use" of it?

92 vert 06-19-2010 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by littlealex (Post 7562129)
SirKarnage, i am the buyer and i also found out the shaft is slightly bent.
remember the bolts that come with the motor? its not the right size of bolts, thats how you strip the holes.
i recieved the motor a week ago and i didnt had time to check it out few days after, thats the reason why its been few weeks (shipping time + delay for pick up + i took my time to check out the motor)
the motor is not in good condition as described. please refund my money and i will send back the motor

ps. i also have many good transaction records but only few left me good feedback

Post up a pic of the "stripped holes"..were they stripped upon arrival or the result of you trying to mount motor with wrong screws??

littlealex 06-19-2010 09:19 PM

it came with stripped holes with wrong screws, and i tried to use the right screws but it didnt work.
i m still waiting for reply of refund and how should we do this?

littlealex 06-19-2010 09:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
pics

diesel32x 06-19-2010 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by littlealex (Post 7562151)
i was kinda disappointed of the look of the look of the motor (scratches at the bottom of the can, shaft have marks cause by over tighten of pinion screw). i know its used, and it only cost me $50 so i would suck it up and use it as long as it spins. but i couldnt even mount it on my car properly, how can i "have alot of use" of it?

In my opinion, Scratches on it should matter at all. Its not like the scratches are going to affect the way the motor works. As for the holes being stripped out, its not that hard to run a thread chaser or a tap and die through there.

harry697 06-20-2010 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by littlealex (Post 7562151)

Boy am I glad I've never dealt with you! The motor can has scratches on the bottom?:weird:Every motor I own has scratches on the bottom because they have been used in an offroad vehicle! If you didn't expect to see signs of use when buying a used motor,then there's definitely something wrong with you!:nod:

Also,the shaft has marks from overtightening the pinion set screw?!?!?! Are you freakin' serious!?!?! So I guess you think that the seller should have put the pinion gear on finger-tight and let the gear fly off every time he used it,just in case he decided to one day sell the motor to someone like you who expects a used motor not to show any signs of a gear being installed?:rolleyes:

As for the mount holes being stripped:I would not even consider refunding the money to you after your previous newb complaints.Do yourself and the seller a favor and make sure the motor runs.I don't care if you have to hold it in your hand at this point.Once you know that the motor turns over,leave the seller his deserved positive feedback and fix your own mistakes!It's not hard to take the three screws out that hold the end piece on the motor(well maybe it is for you:lol::lol::lol:).Once you have the end off,either tap the holes or go find a new piece altogether.

I really don't know what the motor looked like when it arrived to it's shady bordertown destination,but judging by the seller's strong feedback and the buyer's rediculous complaints about a used motor,I could make an educated guess.

Don't screw the seller over because you bought a USED motor and received a USED motor!From what I can see,the only thing you can really complain about is the stripped mounting holes and I highly doubt it was the seller's fault,especially after you waited four weeks after it was delivered before you started to complain.

diesel32x 06-20-2010 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by harry697 (Post 7565084)
Boy am I glad I've never dealt with you! The motor can has scratches on the bottom?:weird:Every motor I own has scratches on the bottom because they have been used in an offroad vehicle! If you didn't expect to see signs of use when buying a used motor,then there's definitely something wrong with you!:nod:

Also,the shaft has marks from overtightening the pinion set screw?!?!?! Are you freakin' serious!?!?! So I guess you think that the seller should have put the pinion gear on finger-tight and let the gear fly off every time he used it,just in case he decided to one day sell the motor to someone like you who expects a used motor not to show any signs of a gear being installed?:rolleyes:

As for the mount holes being stripped:I would not even consider refunding the money to you after your previous newb complaints.Do yourself and the seller a favor and make sure the motor runs.I don't care if you have to hold it in your hand at this point.Once you know that the motor turns over,leave the seller his deserved positive feedback and fix your own mistakes!It's not hard to take the three screws out that hold the end piece on the motor(well maybe it is for you:lol::lol::lol:).Once you have the end off,either tap the holes or go find a new piece altogether.

I really don't know what the motor looked like when it arrived to it's shady bordertown destination,but judging by the seller's strong feedback and the buyer's rediculous complaints about a used motor,I could make an educated guess.

Don't screw the seller over because you bought a USED motor and received a USED motor!From what I can see,the only thing you can really complain about is the stripped mounting holes and I highly doubt it was the seller's fault,especially after you waited four weeks after it was delivered before you started to complain.

PLUS 1

teamlosi906 06-20-2010 08:34 AM

m

Originally Posted by littlealex (Post 7563813)
it came with stripped holes with wrong screws, and i tried to use the right screws but it didnt work.
i m still waiting for reply of refund and how should we do this?

How do you know which screw is right or wrong ,if the holes are stripped??:confused:

92 vert 06-20-2010 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by teamlosi906 (Post 7565135)
How do you know which screw is right or wrong ,if the holes are stripped??:confused:

:lol::lol: