Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Fred Perkins--Not a good seller! Lied to me! >

Fred Perkins--Not a good seller! Lied to me!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fred Perkins--Not a good seller! Lied to me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Brad, if I were in your shoes, this is what I would do:

1) PM Fred, ask to see if he has 10 minutes to discuss the sale via phone.
2) Call Fred.
3) Ask him to have his "friend" stand by the product he sold using Fred's account
4) Say the motor costs $100. What would it take to bring it back up to working condition? $20? $30? $50?
5) Suggest a solution.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

This is precisely why I won't sell items for friends on rctech. It's MY feedback rating people are trusting, and if I haven;t personally used the item and know it's condition...I refuse to sell it.

Sucks that it happened, but yeah try and come up with a workable solution for both of you.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:41 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Armaan
Brad, if I were in your shoes, this is what I would do:

1) PM Fred, ask to see if he has 10 minutes to discuss the sale via phone.
2) Call Fred.
3) Ask him to have his "friend" stand by the product he sold using Fred's account
4) Say the motor costs $100. What would it take to bring it back up to working condition? $20? $30? $50?
5) Suggest a solution.
With all due respect...I already suggested a solution to Fred. I told him I would like to have $50 dollar refund for the bad engine. That's less than half the price of a new one ($140 bucks). He already said no to that deal, and basically threw the fact that he knew paypal would side for him in my face, if I chose to pursue that.

Please understand that the trail of PM's lasted for a couple of days, and my decision to post this wasn't one that I made after the first attempt to resolve it. I made several attempts to get it worked out before this, and I told Fred what I was going to do, and that this was "his choice". To which he told me---"do what you gotta do".

If Fred now wants to work this out, I would be all ears, but my attempts to get it worked out have fallen on deaf ears. He knows how to get ahold of me if he wants to.

Also...The engine is complete junk. The bearings are rusted in the case which is full of dirt. The piston and sleeve were ruined by the dirt and attempts at removal, and the crank is all rusty. The only thing that would be useable in it's current state would be the cooling head. It looks like new.

My goal now is to share with people my buying experience with him so they can make an informed decision about buying from him.

Brad

Last edited by WYLDTHING; 05-18-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by MotoGod
This is precisely why I won't sell items for friends on rctech. It's MY feedback rating people are trusting, and if I haven;t personally used the item and know it's condition...I refuse to sell it.
I am the same way.....

Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 03:31 PM

Check my feedback now...I knew the lowlife would leave me bogus feedback...lol!
Old 05-18-2010, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Ouch...that didn't help either of you.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i have known fred for about 16 years and i highly doubt he knowingly sold you a junk engine.he is a great guy and would not even thinking about screwing anybody in the rc world.he has been doing this since i meet him.im sure he will make it right
Old 05-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Brad, it look's like he finally got around to giving you that retalitory feedback. Unbelievable.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
Check my feedback now...I knew the lowlife would leave me bogus feedback...lol!
Yep, that happened to me also the guy said the car was mint and when I got it it was destroyed so I left him a negative feedback and I got a negative back for no reason. Now I after many good transactions I am still at only 95%.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by pat7723
i have known fred for about 16 years and i highly doubt he knowingly sold you a junk engine.he is a great guy and would not even thinking about screwing anybody in the rc world.he has been doing this since i meet him.im sure he will make it right
Again, with all due respect...Either he didn't know the engine was bad, or was lying to me. But either way, I made him aware that it was indeed junk, and now he is just blowing me off and leaving ME bogus feedback...Not good...

Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Ok so now I have to defend my self.
I am EXTREMELY pissed off right now so I will try and keep this clean and try not to personally attack you.

First off who the He$$ do you think you are to call me a LIAR!!
That is a personal attack to my dignity!
I DID take that motor apart and I DID have the engine up and running.
How do I know you didn't lock it up and get dirt in it your self?
As described in the PM "The Red engine was run about 3 weeks ago and ran great. Not sure about the Blue one It does have good compression though and is clean." and as stated in my post and this is what I was told by my friend "I is about 3 months old and runs strong"

Marcos has personally done deals with me in the past and knows I sell top notch stuff!

Yes this was for a friend so how am I supposed to be 100% certain of the condition of the engine. That is exactly why I described it like I did!

Now it seems like you have all day to be on RC Tech bashing me.
You have now threatened me by saying "Here's the deal....If I don't get a $50 dollar refund for the bad engine, I'm filing a claim with paypal and leaving you negative feedback. Your choice..."
I take it you tried to submit a claim through paypal and just like they have told me in the past when I have had issues. Paypal does not cover the "condition" of goods. So now you have decided to bash me on all my threads and open up this thread.

I guess now I will have to take apart every engine I sell so that I defend my self from scum like you.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by II Fast
Brad, it look's like he finally got around to giving you that retalitory feedback. Unbelievable.
Nice, huh?? Real stand-up kinda guy...
Old 05-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

and just for the record.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Fred;

Just wanted to shoot an offer your way and see if your friend would be interested.

What I would like to offer on is....

I would like the AD2 truck with the TQ chassis and all the parts and stuff with the Platinum engine in it, instead of the other red head engine, (sPD) or whatever it is.
I would like this package with the tire lot that he has too.

So, in summary, I would like to purchase the TQ truck complete with the platinum engine in it, with all the parts and stuff he has with it, and the tire lot for 200 bucks shipped. I know this is cheap, but as I'm sure you already know, this class is all but dead and very tough to sell. And this way, he'll save quite a bit on shipping by not having to ship the two lots seperately, too.

Not trying to offend you or him, I'm just going by the market for this stuff, and what it has been selling for recently. LMK...

Thanks, Brad
I think I can do you one better. How bout $250 for all of it shipped. Both trucks, tires ect.
Wow...that's a pretty good price. I am talking it over with my wife as we speak and I'm just not sure I can scrape up that much money right now.
And to be honest, I am hesitant to puch THAT much money into gas trucks!...lol.

I've got a couple of questions while I ponder this....

The extra tires...could I get an idea of what they are, the approximate condition, how the foams and wheels are, etc... Also, I don't figure it does, but does that deal include the starter box too?
Have you or he ran the engines recently? Does the compression seem good, etc...??

LMK...I am hoping I can swing thsi somehow.

Thanks for now, Brad
Most of them are small pin tires, Hole Shots, Double Dees. There are a couple of sets of Step pins and Goose bumps. Most are 80% of tread life. No starter box included. The Red engine was run about 3 weeks ago and ran great. Not sure about the Blue one It does have good compression though and is clean.
Hey again;

I can get $225 for it all shipped if he'll take that. I'm not trying to be rude or lowball, I was just scraping to get the $200 for the original offer, and the wife isn't carzy about this....
If he'll take that, shoot me your paypal, when you can ship and how, and I'll get ya paid tonight.

Thanks so much!
Brad
Just talked to him.
$225 shipped is a deal!

Paypal to [email protected]

Hey again;

Just to clarify...

That is for both trucks in the seperate listings, all the parts in both listings, and the tire lot with the 16 pairs of tires, right?

Also, do you have the stuff and will be shipping it, or will he. And when will it be shipped, and how?

LMK...

Thanks, Brad
That is correct. I will ship out tomorrow. Most likely USPS.
Hi again, Fred;

Just sent the payment. Please forgive me for nagging!!!...lol. But it's SO important to me that this go out by tomorrow. The main reason I am buying it is for a race that I am leaving for next Thursday morning, and the way shipping goes anymore, getting it here by then might be a challenge for them...lol.
Anyway, please let me know that you got the payment, and please keep me informed of the shipping status too.

Thanks for everything you have done with the deal.

Brad
Will do.
Hi again, Fred;

I got the shipping notification Saturday, but the number isn't registering with UPS yet, so either the package wasn't actually shipped on Saturday and that was just the label being printed, or the number you gave me has a wrong character or is missing one. LMK...

Thanks, Brad
Dude! give it 24hrs to show up. It was shipped at a Staples UPS store.
Chill out!
Wasn't real impressed that the Platinum engine was complete junk....

Brad
Sorry bout that but, if you had read in the thread this stuff was not mine. I am just going by what I was told and as I had stated earlier in our PM's
"Not sure about the Blue one It does have good compression though and is clean."
Well, I think everyone on this site would agree that when you sell something, whether it's yours, or selling for a friend, you assume responsibility for the description and condition.
It wasn't too hard to tell that it was junk if it was looked at all, as the engine was siezed and wouldn't even turn over.

And I was basing my buying it off of your post in this thread where you stated it ran strong....remember? Hmmm....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-2-roller.html

Good thing that guy didn't buy it, huh?? Cuz you would've been flat out lying to him!

Brad
Not it wasn't because I took it completely apart before I sold it.
Any way. Buy at your own risk. My feedback is impeccable and you got one hell of a deal!
And you are a liar too!!! If you took it apart before you sold it and thought nothing was wrong with it, then you are as blind as a bat!...lol. Nice sidestep though on taking responsibility!...lol. And, if you took it apart before you sold it, then why would you tell me you "weren't sure about it"?....Hmmm??? Interesting....
It doesn't matter the deal, I expect to not get junk when it's posted that something is "3 months old and runs strong"!...lol.
I don't care about the "deal", and I don't care what your previous feedback is, I'm worried about getting stiffed on this deal! I wouldn't of paid that much for it had I known it was junk!

And ya, I'm sure when you buy, you don't mind getting lied to, right? You can get screwed and just say, oh well, I buy at my own risk???...lol. Ya, whatever!

Here's the deal....If I don't get a $50 dollar refund for the bad engine, I'm filing a claim with paypal and leaving you negative feedback. Your choice...

Thanks, Brad
Do what you have to. This is pointless. If paypal says you get $50 then fine. If not sorry bout your luck. Again, my feedback speaks for itself. I have never and will never screw some one or sell junk.
Thanks
Fred
"I have never and will never screw some one or sell junk."

With all due respect, Fred, you just did. I can't help but think that you would be just as upset as I am if the situation were reversed.

I truly believe in my heart that you knew that the engine may have been junk, but that you didn't really look at it before it sold. When I first PM'd you about it being junk, your first response was--"sorry about that", and then you proceeded to tell me that you were just selling it for a friend and it wasn't your responsibility. Then, you come back with the comment saying that you looked at it and it was fine. Why would you apologize at first for it being bad, if you knew it was good? Why would you tell me you didn't know much about it, if you had looked at it?

Just level with me here, Fred. What's really going on? Yes, I'm upset about it, but I'm a reasonable guy. I prefer that you just be honest with me, and we'll go from there. I'm not looking to try and ruin your rep here, and while I am not happy about it, and wouldn't of paid that much had known it was bad, it's not about the money either. Just level with me...

Thanks, Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

And the last two:
Quote:
Look, I don't have the time to sit here and debate with you. I am getting ready to move to SC in two weeks. Every thing I said is true. 1) I am selling all this stuff for a friend. 2) I was told it had 3 gallons. 3) Do I really know the condition, no it's not mine. 4) I did take the engine apart and It looked clean 5) I even fired the engine up to make sure it ran.

If you feel you were screwed then fine. I can't change your mind. You got over $800 worth of equipment for $225. Again if you want to put a claim in with paypal then please do so. I have been in your situation before and I already know what the outcome will be.

I am done with these conversations and will not respond to any more PM's.
Wow...I can't believe you can just sit there and lie to me like that. The engine wouldn't even turn over by using pliers on the flywheel, let alone run!...lol. How can you sleep at night? Again, the deal I got is irrelevent, everything I got should have been described correctly, no matter the price paid. And with the way 1/10th gas stuff sells, it wasn't that great of a deal, you can't hardly give that stuff away. $800 worth of stuff???....you're dreamin, so don't kid yourself there, either.
It never ceases to amaze me that every time there is a thread in the feedback forum where someone gets messed over, the seller always reverts to--"it doesn't matter, you got a great deal anyway!"...lol. So if I had paid you more money, then you would've felt bad about lying to me?...lol.
You are selling the stuff, so you are responsible for the condition...period. And you should be man enough to take responsibility for that, but apparently you have no character or integrity what-so-ever.
If you had just been honest with me, I would've just let this go, but now since you refuse to do that, then I feel I must leave feedback to warn the other members here that you are a dishonest seller, so they will know in the future to be careful of your ways.
Sorry it has to be this way, but you can't make a sale on here and then when you lie to someone just tell them "sorry for your bad luck", and "it's not my resonsibility"...lol. This is all YOUR choice.
I guess you leave me no choice but to leave you a negative, and I will be starting a thread in the feedback forum to warn people about you, too. And I will be following your sales on here to warn people about you. And if you have any sponsors, I will be contacting them to let them know what kind of person you are, as well. You can just blow me off if you want, but I can be persistant when someone lies to me...you'll see.
Thanks for a junk motor, and your bald face lies....really sad.

You are a piece of work, and I hope we get to meet someday....

Brad
Old 05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Tech Champion

He has also now attacked every for sale thread I have going.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.