Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
how trustworthy are the trader ratings? >

how trustworthy are the trader ratings?

how trustworthy are the trader ratings?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Default how trustworthy are the trader ratings?

I was wondering how well these trader ratings are on here? ShagNastyEk9 has like 24 great reviews! I have 0, so I understand why people wouldnt trust me, but as far at he goes, has anybody been scammed on here?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

It's usually pretty accurate, but hard to gauge still. Some guys with high feedback have flaked on deals here and there, or ruined their rep over a bad decision...and some guys with low or 0 feedback have been great to deal with (we all start somewhere right?). So take it with a grain of salt, and talk to a potential seller before you send money.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod
It's usually pretty accurate, but hard to gauge still. Some guys with high feedback have flaked on deals here and there, or ruined their rep over a bad decision...and some guys with low or 0 feedback have been great to deal with (we all start somewhere right?). So take it with a grain of salt, and talk to a potential seller before you send money.
+1. I also check the persons feedback to make sure that their feedback is legit. I once saw someone who had 12 good feedbacks, but all of his feedbacks were from people who had 0 or 1 feedback themselves. Anyone can make multiple accounts and give themselves feedback.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

let me know what you think. I'm potentially shelling out $610 so I'm kinda nervous on this one lol

http://www.rctech.net/forum/itrader.php?u=68823
Old 05-18-2010, 08:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ive dealt with Boomgagem on that list, but only him. A-OK.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike881
let me know what you think. I'm potentially shelling out $610 so I'm kinda nervous on this one lol

I have personally dealt with at least 3 of the guys that have left feedback for the person in question so I know that 3 are legit for sure. Take it for what it's worth.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Good rule of thumb out here....if your gut tells you to not do the deal, then don't do the deal. If you have a funny feeling, or are nervous....get on the phone with the seller. 95% of good sellers out here will BS on the phone with you without issue (Yes some are too busy). If you can't get them on the phone....call off the deal. It's really as simple as that.

I've done some trade deals out here for high dollar items, and I almost always chit chat on the phone first. We BS about RC, the item in question, racing..whatever hits us. Gives us both a good feel for who the heck we are sending a $500 item to so it's not quite a "blind" deal. Yes, people can pull one over on ya, so if you do chat on the phone and the nervousness doesn't go away...pull out of the deal. It works 100% of the time ;-)

I have also dealt with at least 1-2 guys on that feedback list...all went well.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

$610 for a brand NEW Losi 8T 2.0 RTR when they sell for $800 everywhere else. Does that seem "sketch" to you?
Old 05-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

He offered that same deal to me as well as others, he said he was working on building his hobby shop, which I have no reason to doubt that but it still seemed odd to me when they're $800+ everywhere else + shipping and he is offering the same thing for $610 including shipping.. I decided to stray away from that deal.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

That's not an unheard of deal...especially for someone trying to build a name for their shop. It is a bit low though...so there is reason to be slightly nervous. Get him on the phone and feel it out from there.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Trader ratings work well when people are honest about the transaction; I've found that most people are on here (and other sites).
Old 05-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Originally Posted by moeman
Ive dealt with Boomgagem on that list, but only him. A-OK.
+1 on that i got a great engine from him and by far the best used engine i have bought
Old 05-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mike881

he has 5 real high trader rates that have done deals with him send them a pm
Old 05-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Well i can contest feedback is important but a deal can fall short at anytime. Always ask for a phone number, address, full name or something which will hold the individual accountable especially for all the big sales. If the seller is serious he wont have a problem.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Feedback RCTECH buy/sell thread transactions are made every moment sellers hold the golden key once the $$$ is sent the responsibilities now fall under the seller. If a deal falls short and if the seller is dishonest they have an option to retaliate by leave a negative point (feedback)

Moderator should address these issues properly and hold these seller accountable. Leaving truthful and consistent feedback trails is very important but since a seller can retaliate the buyer might shrug and not leave anything which will hurt the future buyer (unaware).

For example Yes this isn't Ebay but if a buyer leaves a negative mark than the seller cannot retaliate against the buyer this make for a consistent and accountable score. Since the seller holds the golden ticket and if this option was changed you will see more consistent transactions with proper feedback trail.

Is RCTECH's feedback ratings consistant?? Their might be addtional problems lerking unknown unreported since buyers are worried about a negatibe mark.

Feedback score important YES but always protect yourself. My thoughts for the day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.