Wiki Posts
Search

Amainhobbies.com defect products

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC10Fan
I've had mostly good experiences with AMain. Once then sent me a set of split six wheels and tires from Proline and one of the tires was different. It was a caliber instead of a bow-tie. Emailed both AMain and Proline on the same day and it took AMain almost a week to reply.
But then I ordered a ESE on Monday with the 6-10 day shipping, I'm Canadian, and got a delivery notification Thursday.
But all in all over 10 orders with them and only one was slightly bad. I think they could have at least checked their stock when they receive it to weed out mixed up tires.
Yes, that would have been nice. But really, to have them inspect every package contents would be VERY time consuming and thus drive up their prices. I'm sure they looked after that one, NO?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Not to drag the thread sort of off-topic or anything, but has anyone been getting Internet Explorer security warnings when accessing your "My Account" pages or log-in pages at A-Main?

I just started getting them the last couple of days....

Take it easy,
desmobob
Old 05-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have spoken to my IT guy regarding your issue this is what he says:
"This probably means that the customer is running a very old version of Internet Explorer, or hasn't applied the Windows updates. We recently switched to a new, more secure security certificate that provides the visual "green bar" for customers.

You can suggest to the customer that they try any or all of these:

1) Apply Windows Updates

2) Install Internet Explorer 8

3) Install Firefox

If they still think there is a problem, they will need to provide more detailed information about what they are running, and what warning messages they are seeing"

Hopefully this helps you out!
Old 05-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hey desmobob, can you tell me what version of IE you are using, and what OS you are running under?

I would like to try to replicate the problem. But as Robyn says, if you make sure you use the latest version of IE it should resolve the issues as it will have updated security certificates in it.

The problem with older versions of IE is that they have outdated security certificates, so they cannot verify the identify of our site correctly. Updated certificates for older versions of IE *should* be delivered via Windows Update, so I am curious to know what OS and IE versions you are using.

Do you have Windows update running on your system?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Tech Initiate

First off, let me say the problem didn't prevent me from placing another order on Sunday.

I really didn't know whether I should e-mail you nice folks at A-Main or ask about the issue on R/C Tech. I hope I didn't do the wrong thing....

Anyway, I do have Windows Live Update installed and working, but at some point, I must have declined installing Internet Explorer 8. I was still running 7. I use the Windows XP Home OS.

Interesting thing: in the past, though I had checked the box to "remember me" when I logged into my account on the A-Main site, it wouldn't remember my log-in and I had to manually log in each time. But this afternoon when I logged in, it remembered me! But when I clicked the "My Account" button, I still got the security warning.

I just finished downloading/installing IE 8 and I'm still getting the warning notice. Do I have to find my A-Main cookie and clear it? (I have stuff in my shopping cart that I'd need to copy first.)

Thanks for jumping right on this for me. I do appreciate it.

A happy A-Main customer,
desmobob

PS: Here's the security warning that I'm getting:
"There is a problem with this website's security certificate.
The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website."

Last edited by desmobob; 05-10-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to add security warning info
Old 05-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

desmobob, thanks for the reply! Email to CS would usually work also, but either way I want to resolve the problem.

However I have a feeling the issue you are seeing is totally unrelated to what we originally thought. It sounds like you can log in just fine, but you get the message on the 'My Account' page? I think there might be a graphic that is not secure showing up on the page causing the problem, which is easy to fix when I find out which one it is.

IE7 should have no problems with the security certificates on the site.

I will post back here once I fix it.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, ignore my last post. This is a security certificate problem, but I am not sure why you are getting it when you are using IE8?

Are you getting that only on the my account page, or also on the login page?
Old 05-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just got my latest order which included a bunch of Dialed Inc bags for my truggy and buggy along with a truggy tire bag. Also got a couple of Proline bodies and some other small stuff. Huge box = slow shipping but hey, it was free shipping so what can you say. Love the service, thanks!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kendallb
Ok, ignore my last post. This is a security certificate problem, but I am not sure why you are getting it when you are using IE8?

Are you getting that only on the my account page, or also on the login page?

Hi Mr. Bennett,

I'm being logged in automatically when I visit the site now. The security certificate error shows when I click on the "My Account" button on the top right of the page. I have the "CEN Matrix 1/8 Nitro Off Road Buggy Parts" page in my favorite file... that's the page I start from when visiting A Main, so that's the page where I'm clicking the button from, if that makes any difference.

I tried to log off so I could see if I also get the error on the log-in page, but I got the certificate error when I clicked the "Log off" button, too.

I'm running Windows XP Home (live-updated daily) and IE 8.

Thanks again,
desmobob
Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Iv ordered from Amain countless times...nothing but flawless transactions.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Iv ordered from Amain countless times...nothing but flawless transactions.
+1 -Same Here--never had a problem
Old 05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by desmobob
Hi Mr. Bennett,

I'm being logged in automatically when I visit the site now. The security certificate error shows when I click on the "My Account" button on the top right of the page. I have the "CEN Matrix 1/8 Nitro Off Road Buggy Parts" page in my favorite file... that's the page I start from when visiting A Main, so that's the page where I'm clicking the button from, if that makes any difference.

I tried to log off so I could see if I also get the error on the log-in page, but I got the certificate error when I clicked the "Log off" button, too.

I'm running Windows XP Home (live-updated daily) and IE 8.

Thanks again,
desmobob
It would appear that your problem may not be IE at all, but an out of date version of Norton Internet Security?

http://blogs.earthlink.net/webmail/2...orton_2008.php

http://www.ehow.com/how_5343656_fix-...e-problem.html

Do you have Norton installed on your system? Can you try to update it to see if that helps (or uninstall it if it is out of date)?
Old 05-13-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kendallb
It would appear that your problem may not be IE at all, but an out of date version of Norton Internet Security?

http://blogs.earthlink.net/webmail/2...orton_2008.php

http://www.ehow.com/how_5343656_fix-...e-problem.html

Do you have Norton installed on your system? Can you try to update it to see if that helps (or uninstall it if it is out of date)?

I have the most up-to-date version installed (17.6.0.32). I just tried to update it and got this message:

Your Norton product version is up-to-date.
You already have the latest version of your Norton product installed on your computer.

As a side note, the automatic log-in on A Main that I was just starting to experience has ceased. Even though I check the "remember me" box on the log-in page, I have to log in each visit.

Take care,
desmobob
Old 05-13-2010, 04:24 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Slightly off topic: this site has NEVER 'remember me". I ALWAYS have to log in.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by desmobob
I have the most up-to-date version installed (17.6.0.32). I just tried to update it and got this message:

Your Norton product version is up-to-date.
You already have the latest version of your Norton product installed on your computer.

As a side note, the automatic log-in on A Main that I was just starting to experience has ceased. Even though I check the "remember me" box on the log-in page, I have to log in each visit.

Take care,
desmobob
I would be interested to know if you can disable Norton and see if the problems go away. What version of Norton are you using?

Also, the auto login feature requires cookies enabled for it to work, so if you have high level privacy settings it might not work. But it is a bit odd, because it always works for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.