Amainhobbies.com defect products

Old 05-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kendallb View Post
I would be interested to know if you can disable Norton and see if the problems go away. What version of Norton are you using?
I just tried disabling it and got the same error/warning. It's a Windows warning page with no Norton content. I'm using Norton Internet Security 2010, the version is mentioned in my quoted section in your post above.

Also, the auto login feature requires cookies enabled for it to work, so if you have high level privacy settings it might not work. But it is a bit odd, because it always works for me.
Sorry... forget that; it's working. I think I might have last entered the A Main site by clicking on a specific item's link that someone posted in another thread. When I just opened a new IE 8 window and navigated to the site, I was automatically logged in.

Take care,
desmobob
Old 05-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Any chance you can email me a screen shot of the message you are getting? We are not able to reproduce it over here at all, as IE8 *should* have the correct root certificates in it.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by kendallb View Post
Any chance you can email me a screen shot of the message you are getting?
I just sent it as a JPEG to your e-mail address.

Take it easy,
desmobob
Old 05-17-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, for those people who had certificate errors, we tracked it down to some customers computers not having the correct root certificate updates applied. I am not entirely sure why that is, since the update is supposed to be downloaded automatically by Windows. Anyway, if anyone else is having this issue, you can resolve it by apply this update from Microsoft:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...1-35f81d20bce6

Or the other alternative is to use Firefox, which does not rely on the Windows root certificates:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html