Amainhobbies.com defect products

Old 05-03-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cadimman,
I just sent you a PM, please take a look.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Warner View Post
One stop shopping...... BEST customer service bar none!!!

stormerhobbies.com

Bob stands behind everything he sells, guaranteed!
Yep, the fine folks at Stormer have earned my business to the point that I won't buy from anyone else. Awesome service! Before Stormer though I had made many,many purchases from Amain and never once did I have a complaint.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Well just to share my 2 cents i have been ordering from Amain a long time.
Never had a problem Always been happy got the wrong bearings one time and they sent me replacements out that day!

Stormer i dunno never liked the layout of the site ,
Old 05-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mamba4life View Post
Stormer i dunno never liked the layout of the site ,
It sounds petty but their site layout is why I have never purchased from them. I just find it to difficult to navigate.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yup, spent thousands at Amain and never a problem, top notch customer service all the way around.

I find it somewhat unfair that they are being given a bad name by what seems to be mostly those who are out of the country and ordering internationally. Like the customer service rep from Amain posted earlier, there are a lot of factors involved when shipping internationally, and more than likely, customs is going to have a field day rifling through your package contents before you actually get it. Also, by stating that you had multiple problems with them, but never said anything about it to them until you were finally fed up and decided to post up a negative comment bashing them, seems like you should have given Amain the chance to correct things. Placing the blame solely on them when your package is being handled by many different carriers and being flown and shipped halfway around the world just seems unfair to me. Now for those living in the states who have had problems with the condition of your received package, that is a legitimate gripe. Just remember that Amain doesn't have to ship internationally. A lot of internet companies won't because of this very thing...they cannot firmly guarantee the condition their merchandise will arrive in when being shipped internationally.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I've done some shopping with amain,tower, and a few others I can't remember and I've never had problems. I think the mistake that a lot of people seem to make is not contacting amain. Did you try and correct the problem? or did you just let it happen and then get fed up over time?
Old 05-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Update: Robyn is looking into my matter and seems like maybe I'll get some corrective action taken.

On the topic of websites, Amain seems to be laid out the best and carries most of the desireable stuff.

I tried Tower once and was put off by their stupid clerical error coupled with expectations of me buying more of their stuff. They overcharged me. I called and pointed it out. It was only a couple dollars, but... They then creditted my account rather than the credit card they took it from. Stated I could use it toward future purchases. I emailed them stating that they should credit the card if they were trying to earn a customer as I buy stuff yearly. If not, I wouldn't be their customer. I never heard back. They can keep the $2. They are more expensive anyway.

I bought a truggy off Amain, and buy the time the order was completed they dropped the price. I pointed it out to them and they credited me the amount. That is awesome customer service.

BTW I am international and Amain does their best to fill and ship my orders first thing and have NEVER had a problem with packaging, etc.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Well here is an update. Robyn has taken care of my little mishap even though it is old. This takes care of any issue I've ever had with them. They are top notch and I will remain loyal to them for all my RC needs. The ONLY time I will shop anywhere else for my RC needs is:

1 - they don't stock what I need.
2 - I'm in a panic and one of my LHS has it.

That's it. They are the bomb!

Thanks Robyn.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cadimman View Post
Well here is an update. Robyn has taken care of my little mishap even though it is old. This takes care of any issue I've ever had with them. They are top notch and I will remain loyal to them for all my RC needs. The ONLY time I will shop anywhere else for my RC needs is:

1 - they don't stock what I need.
2 - I'm in a panic and one of my LHS has it.

That's it. They are the bomb!

Thanks Robyn.
+1 on the loyalty for sure, and the comments regarding something not stocked or being in a pinch. I hear you. Amain is top notch. Absolutely my first choice....

TJ
Old 05-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Seems like it is already cleared up, but I just though I would show my support of A Main (if my constant flow of $$ isn't enough). The only issue I ever had was a shock rebuilt kit was missing one of the parts, they immediately put me in touch with the manufacturer. Total of 3 days between arrival of the bad product and the arrival of the new product, partially thanks to A Main.

The only downfall is that they are SO good, that they are usually the first to fall in the domino of popular out-of-stock items like a half shaft I was looking for a couple weeks ago and just recently Kyosho servo parts.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey everyone,
All of the Customer Service Reps here at A Main Hobbies are more then happy to take care of you however we can. If there ever is an instance where you do not feel like you have received the best service please feel free to talk to me, I will be delighted to sort out the problem and get you taken care of. Customer Service is our number one priority and it is my goal to ensure that everyone is being taken care of and receiving excellent customer service!

I am always available through email if you can't call, [email protected]

For items that we do not carry, if you can email me the part numbers and what kit they are for I can look into them to see if it is something that we plan to bring on into our normal inventory or maybe we can even special order them for you.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robynh View Post
Hey everyone,
All of the Customer Service Reps here at A Main Hobbies are more then happy to take care of you however we can. If there ever is an instance where you do not feel like you have received the best service please feel free to talk to me, I will be delighted to sort out the problem and get you taken care of. Customer Service is our number one priority and it is my goal to ensure that everyone is being taken care of and receiving excellent customer service!

I am always available through email if you can't call, [email protected]

For items that we do not carry, if you can email me the part numbers and what kit they are for I can look into them to see if it is something that we plan to bring on into our normal inventory or maybe we can even special order them for you.
Could you talk to the computer people here at my office and see if they can unblock amainhobbies website for me? Typically that is the reason that I end up ordering from another company. I break things on Sunday, order replacements at work on Monday.

I have no idea why, but for some reason amain is the only one that is blocked.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
Could you talk to the computer people here at my office and see if they can unblock amainhobbies website for me? Typically that is the reason that I end up ordering from another company. I break things on Sunday, order replacements at work on Monday.

I have no idea why, but for some reason amain is the only one that is blocked.
It sounds like your spam blocker or something...You can always call and we can place the order for you, or you can Live Chat with us to place your order.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

have to agree with a few others above... about the only reason I have been steered away from A Main was due to out of stock parts or non-stocked parts. honestly seems like no matter where I 'plan' on ordering from, A Main still ends up getting at least half the overall order everytime. I dislike(not hate) tower due to the fact I run Losi Strikes, with Spektrum radios and they don't carry. Tough luck on that one Tower. Generally similar prices, but then of course I'll need a handful of Losi parts and have to visit A Main's site, to find everything needed.

don't forget the super saver shipping offered by A Main, I have never seen a "discount" shipping service that on several orders now has processed faster than standard shipping orders

A+ to A Main as a whole.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

Whilst Amainhobbies is a great hobby site, that does not mean people can't have valid complaints, I'm sure some people slip through the cracks, intentionally or not.

I'm sure we can get thousands of people to come on here to say how great Amain is, but lets not ignore people who have valid complaints hmm? I have nothing against Amain, or any other online retailers, I have used almost all of them and have received good service from almost everyone on of them. I'm one of the few that probably like Tower lol

Anyway, Amainhobbies is great, but I hope the OP gets his concerns seen to and not lost in this thread. Though I would advise him to be go about it more constructively, instead of just whining at them. I am sure if his complaints are valid, they will be take care of.

And thumbs up for Robyn. =)

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service