R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   What would you tell this person (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/389342-what-would-you-tell-person.html)

drs92 04-14-2010 03:00 PM

What would you tell this person

4 Attachment(s)
I really had it with this person who bought my Jammin crt.5 rtr. Ok its been about 3 weeks since he has bought it and has done nothing but emailing me about it (asking questions like...what kind of connector does the hump pack take? He said my brand new servo in the truck didnt work..but it turns out it was his triple AAA batteries) I mean I can tell it's a kid and I hate selling to newbs:flaming: He said its his FIRST NITRO CAR!! So maybe it's user error:rolleyes: Everything I sold him was brand new and tested beofer it was shipped. I don't sell junk and my feedback can vouche. He is saying the car is not moving (im trying to help him out here but I can't tell what it is unless he can descibe it better.. I told him too look at the clutch...Well his response was this...Maybe its the slipper clutch? NEWB. Anyway he now calls my car a piece of s#!t that won't move and I recently got this email from him. I given him lots of advice and been very freindly..My question is it's been past seven days ( 3weeks) everythign is brand new fully tested and no issues. I don't have to refund him right? Idk how I could of ripped him off if everythign is freaking new..probably newb error:rolleyes:
And yes I'm willing to work with him to find out wats wrong..I really hate selling now its been my 3rd newb:flaming: Here is pics of it!!

THE BUYER
I havnet been able to drive this peice of shit yet!!!!!! I let the engine idle thruogh three tanks and thing does not move !!! I suggest you should join a forum and learn not to put out garbage!!!!! you better come up with some answers for me or we gonna have a problem, and i dont like problems !!!!! I am about to send this peice of s#!t back , I was told it was RTR and I am ready to break it over someones head !!!!! help me out !!!!! I should of bought new I always get screwed, we need to figure this out or you gonna be out 235.00 I am willing to work with you just get back to me.

drs92 04-14-2010 03:06 PM

The buyer
I apologize I was just alittle worked up I have a short fuse!!! ok now matter how experienced you are it is not helping me right now that is all i am saying. I just let off some ruonds and I am calm now it helps. When i put pressure on the wheels with my hands and hold the gears the gears do not move in other words they have no bite in them I checked the gear mesh and it is perfect with a peice of paper so I am at a loss, I knew that email would get your attention lol!!!!

Me:
Ok guys idk..I adjusted the mesh and it rolled freely before i shipped it..Had it perfect..Anyone got some help?

mbogosia 04-14-2010 03:08 PM

Man, you have your hands full with him. Just judging by his language and spelling you can tell he isn't very bright. I wonder if there is another forum member in his area that could help him get it running, or even a local shop. Heck, it might be worth it for you to arrange and pay(if its under $40 or so) for him to bring it to a local shop. At least it gets him off your back.

drs92 04-14-2010 03:11 PM

Tell me about it:flaming:Its been 3 weeks of (emails of this and questions) so I shouldnt have to give him a refund and I waited seven days before I used it and after he gave me feedback. I dont know what he is talking about. the car rolled freely and set the mesh right. I don't understand why it wont run

AlienModified 04-14-2010 03:13 PM

Tell him for a couple hours one day, you'll help him get setup. Take the time and be patient, explain to him what does what. Then tell him he's on his own, and no more contact.

You pick the day.

Lilja 04-14-2010 03:13 PM

I kinda feel for him haha, Im not blaming you or anything its just that I get like that also when stuff aint going my way haha.
You should probably tell him to calm down and that everything in the kit is brand new and is working. And then try to solve the problem together, cause its probably him doing something wrong :P

LordAnubis 04-14-2010 03:17 PM

Tell him to go to his local hobby shop. You are a second hand seller, you offer no after sales support. If he wants support he should go to the shop.

rcdude236 04-14-2010 03:18 PM

ask him if the clutch bell is touching the gear. if he is that stupid than just make sure it is!

TopGearRC 04-14-2010 03:19 PM

I don't think you should pay a penny for him to solve his problem. You sold him a working unit. Everyone struggles with their first nitro. No matter what, its not your fault. He should take it to his LHS at his own expense.

MadRussian 04-14-2010 03:19 PM

Wow. I feel for you.
If its new, and not tuned its possible its still so rich that its not revving enough to engage the clutch enough to move it.
Just my guess

TopGearRC 04-14-2010 03:22 PM

even an online hobby shop won't take it back for full refund. when he bought from you he knew he's buying used from a person, not from a hobby shop. Thats why I'm in favor of buying from your LHS, first of all it supports them secondly there's an actual person that can look at it and diagnose the problem.

ScottyM 04-14-2010 03:26 PM

Dude you have no responsibilities to this guy.. You sold him a quality product in good working order.. His lack of knowledge is not your problem.. Refer him to find a LHS or track to help find his problems.. But, from this point forward it is not your problem..

You've done way more than I would have.. As soon as he told me it was a POS I would've replied he was on his own and blocked his email addy..

drs92 04-14-2010 03:27 PM

Yea Im not..But I sent him a coulple e-mails telling him problems and diagnosing what could be causing it. I hate this lol but I'm showing support even though I don't have too;) I mean i dont even know if he is taken the time to research it and learn about nitro:confused: Thanks for the support guys!

AlienModified 04-14-2010 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by drs92 (Post 7272446)
Yea Im not..But I sent him a coulple e-mails telling him problems and diagnosing what could be causing it. I hate this lol but I'm showing support even though I don't have too;) I mean i dont even know if he is taken the time to research it and learn about nitro:confused: Thanks for the support guys!

Ok, so do this. If he can send you emails, he can go online. Point him to an RC forum, and let him ask others for help.

TopGearRC 04-14-2010 03:30 PM

I wonder what paypal's policy is on this, if he falsely claims the money what kind of proof would they ask?

Yes it was shipped, yes he received it but how do they tell if the car is in good shape or not, since he has the car, he can say whatever to them. I really hope they don't fall for it.