What would you tell this person

Old 04-14-2010, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xjqkz View Post
I wonder what paypal's policy is on this, if he falsely claims the money what kind of proof would they ask?

Yes it was shipped, yes he received it but how do they tell if the car is in good shape or not, since he has the car, he can say whatever to them. I really hope they don't fall for it.
I believe Paypal will investigate on both ends, rather than just take his word for it.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Keep all emails from him like the one you posted. That alone proves he is ignorant.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Lightbulb

hey i know when i first started nitro it was a bear to start up my cars but after some help from the LHS it got way better, so maybe that's all he needs, dont forget he just paid a few hundred dollars for this and its not working so he is getting pissed off and probably so if his mother. so please work with him and tell him to go to his LHS for some help
Old 04-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

tell him to join a forrum like rctech
Old 04-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LordAnubis View Post
Tell him to go to his local hobby shop. You are a second hand seller, you offer no after sales support. If he wants support he should go to the shop.
Agreed 100% buyer beware.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

He bought used, from you, so he could save money by not buying new from a lhs.

He sounds like an idiot kid who watched two many gangster movies, never squeezed off a couple of rounds, and is a key board tough guy. I give you more credit for actually replying to him, as I wouldnt have if I were the recipent of that email.

Seven days? - means nothing, so Im not sure what you mean by giving him 7 days. He shoud be glad that your even working with him.

As for pay pal - good luck. All he has to do is say that it was not as described (meaning working) when he recieved it and they will refund his money. I have sold new lipos on ebay and due to the user not having a lipo cut off, they swelled, and he stated they were not as described. Even with pictures, and his statement that he didnt have lipo cut off, pay pal took the money out of my account and refunded him. He didnt even show them proof, as in a picture, or have to send the lipo back as he stated it would be dangerous to ship.

Pay Pal does not know about every product swelled, they just make a judgement call.

I would put your complaint in with pay pal first, then tell him that you have helped him to your ability, and your done.

Its a hobby, we all had our tough times when we started. If you truely sold him something in working order, and new or as in new condition, dont worry about - you did your part.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

.....Also,

DO NOT give him a partial refund or offer to pay for LHS bench time for him. Though your gesture may be in the right place, a mediator (such as pay pal) may see that as a sign of admiting guilt, and your good gesture may work against you .

Good luck.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pay pal will didly squat, he got the parcel and thats it, only time paypal will do something is if the customer didnt get parcel, and then they investigate, and that could take up to 6 months, i had it done to me, well sord of, i ordered a bce chassis once and they guy took 3 months to deliver it to me, and never answered my emails, so then i called pay pal and they said, only thing we can do is try to contact him, and if we cant contact him, we basically cant do much, only time paypal covers u, is on ebay, they said it to me in black in white
Old 04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Its really something probably on his part. that car is fine I know for a fact took the time to test build and sell...Anyway should I contact paypal? If so what do I say?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

sounds like some spoiled little brat, tell him to piss off.
You've already been more than kind
Old 04-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by drs92 View Post
Its really something probably on his part. that car is fine I know for a fact took the time to test build and sell...Anyway should I contact paypal? If so what do I say?
30 days from the date of the transaction I beleive is the time he has to dispute, after that tough. Start counting the days, you've done enuff...
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default He's fired....

tell him he is fired. Let go, relieved of duties, on vacation, and adios, hasta manana, take a hike, make like a tree and get outahere......
Old 04-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default 1st time nitro

i would tell the kid to go to a track in his area ,an offroad track and ask someone nicely if they could assist him in figureing out his problem and get him on his way and off your back ....
Old 04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Your buyer has no commom since and has no busines with a R/C. You had 3 weeks of this kind of emails.
It's time to walk away he has no idea how to run it by now and he has made garbage out of it by now
Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

DUDE HES A NEWBIE. Tell him to pick up a book or mag or get online. You just cant get a nitro car and be an expert. Hell we all feel like buss a cuple rounds some times..

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service