WHAT WOULD YOU DO ??

Old 04-13-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dadsvtechonda View Post
mtrs are truggy rims just like lprs and vtrs just a different type
That may be the case, but they are obsolete rims that no one really uses. While it is always nice to say buyer beware, your ad was somewhat misleading as it is written like they are standard or LPR truggy rims that most people use. Most people probably wouldn't even assume that they could be MTR rims, so the expectation that he would ask for clarification is not reasonable.

The buyer should have asked more questions, but you should have also been more truthful or specific in your advertisement.

Just remember how you respond to this fellow the next time you buy something off someone and get burned.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Default ???

did you leave anything out about the transaction did he send you a pm asking any thing like what offset the wheels condition color how much shipping basically any communication at all did he say what vehical he was gonna put it on. cause if he was a noob he migth ask stuff like that. if he wasnt a noob my eyse are open to how experience and knowledge could lead
me to overlook and not ask question about the small details.....1 to grow on...
Old 04-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

as a sales men you did a grate job!!!! keep up the grate work, as for me I selling a m3 kyosho, so I let people know that it is not a evo m3, and it is still for for sale, this thing is only raced twice, rb rody mod,tires unpainted p909 body, brass tray, ins box, belts, parts, all you need is servoes, reciver 30%sindwinder fuel (757-383-4709) $750 obo calll will send picks and one set of mtr rims to buyer
Old 04-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The whole "they're obsolete" argument really isn't working for me. What if I make a listing saying I have a truggy for sale for $100 and don't list the brand or model. Now someone comes along and buys it no questions asked. I ship it off to them. They receive it and it turns out to be a Red Cat racing truggy. Now they get all pissed off because it wasn't a top of the line losi Race Roller(or the like). Am I wrong? Should I offer a refund because someone made an incorrect assumption? I don't think so.

Same applies to this issue. They in fact are Proline Velocity Truggy rims. Exactly how they were described.

Maybe the buyer will learn to ask some questions before he buys next time. And maybe the seller will learn to be a little more specific when selling something next time.
Old 04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

thats how i feel i didnt lie or mislead anyone. he assumed i dont feel like thats my fault
Old 04-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Keep the money bud. Just be careful going forward and give details about the items you're selling. I always make a point to list model numbers, that way no one can be confused as to what their buying from me. Just glancing at the pics I can see how one would assume they were LPR but if it were me buying, I would have asked for the model number on the wheels.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I did this a couple months back guy had a losi Body for sale i was thinking it was for a 2.0 never did ask just payed him for it and when it got here it was for the 1.0 so i just took it to the track and sold it for half what i payed for it witch was 10.00 bucks my lose but next time i will ask what it fits and what its for .
Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

IMO if he tried to sell them, then that means he owns them. No refunds needed.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tuggy-rim.html

he tryed to sell them for alot more then what he paid for them

hes a local guy i told him to see me at the track.so i can tell him to his face there his
Old 04-14-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dadsvtechonda View Post
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tuggy-rim.html

he tryed to sell them for alot more then what he paid for them

hes a local guy i told him to see me at the track.so i can tell him to his face there his
Funny he didn't specify that they were MTR's in his ad either. LOL
Old 04-14-2010, 04:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ya in fact if you read the whole thread someone asks him what kind of rims they are and he wont answer... he wants to keep it generic i guess!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Dude, keep your $$'s and dont worry about it.

It seems as though he is now prepared to sell these rims and also seems unwilling to let other buyers know exactly what they are. Your advert was a lot more informative than his anyway, at least you put up pics

Also, $75 for 14 sets, who cares what they are - ebay the lot and make a proffit, simple!!!!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Funny he didn't specify that they were MTR's in his ad either. LOL
I still feel the OP's ad was misleading, but given the fact the buyer is now trying to do the same thing, I really don't really feel the seller should refund the money under these circumstances now.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

sucks to be him...
keep your cash and buy my OS.21 TM
Old 04-14-2010, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If it were me I would let him return them if he paid to ship them back. I dont think you were clear in your ad, whether or not that was intentional is cause for speculation.

That said, he not only listed them the same way himself but he decided to break the board rules by continuing to bump almost hourly. Therefore when you break the board rules you cant expect to be protected by the board.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service