Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
RIPOFF REPORT: JERRY TURNER aka jtee12 ASHLEY OH >

RIPOFF REPORT: JERRY TURNER aka jtee12 ASHLEY OH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RIPOFF REPORT: JERRY TURNER aka jtee12 ASHLEY OH

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

That is great information. Thank you and I will do exactly that first thing on Monday.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

good luck giving this douche what he deserves! keep us updated
Old 02-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (96%+)

PM SENT
Old 02-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A where is ashley ohio n b I live in ohio am going to be a law enforcement officer and well I know a lot so pm me and ill see what I can do. Wink wink

Nvm I found it and pass it every weekend. Home visits are always fun

Last edited by tdt1805; 02-26-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

This also is in the same area as me (zip code tells me ) so I mean, a visit can always be arranged.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

Zip is 43003. Delaware County I believe. Sending a pm and thanks everyone for the help.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BADAZZPSD
Zip is 43003. Delaware County I believe. Sending a pm and thanks everyone for the help.
Try doing a name lookup on Switchboard.com. Only a couple Turners in Ashley which may be relatives or parents. If they are the parents perhaps they would be interested in the sh_%storm their kid started and will make things right. Then again it might be par for the course. Just and idea. Good luck.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Addict

Update:

One (actually two but one got no answer) of our fellow members with big balls and a big heart made a trip over to the thief's house. Wife and Son answered the door and said he had been in the hospital for two weeks with a medical problem. Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't, I don't want bad karma by calling b.s. BUT our transaction went down on the 16th and he logged on here on the 19th. That my friends sounds like a farce. If in fact he is, my prayers go out to him, but that just means his Son is the thief, used his Dad's name while he is sick and pulled off the scam! Now that is even worse morally! Well, while my new friend was there the Son said he had shipped the truck and he coughed up one of the batteries. Surprisingly, he can't find the other. Now I don't know how old the Son is, or if maybe it's a whole family of derelicts but I will keep the pressure on them until the situation is rectified.

It's a shame, there has been several things I wanted to buy the last week or so and I am just so skeptical and paranoid after this garbage that I talked myself out of it.

Thanks again for everyone's help ad I will keep you all updated.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Update:

One (actually two but one got no answer) of our fellow members with big balls and a big heart made a trip over to the thief's house. Wife and Son answered the door and said he had been in the hospital for two weeks with a medical problem. Maybe he was or maybe he wasn't, I don't want bad karma by calling b.s. BUT our transaction went down on the 16th and he logged on here on the 19th. That my friends sounds like a farce. If in fact he is, my prayers go out to him, but that just means his Son is the thief, used his Dad's name while he is sick and pulled off the scam! Now that is even worse morally! Well, while my new friend was there the Son said he had shipped the truck and he coughed up one of the batteries. Surprisingly, he can't find the other. Now I don't know how old the Son is, or if maybe it's a whole family of derelicts but I will keep the pressure on them until the situation is rectified.

It's a shame, there has been several things I wanted to buy the last week or so and I am just so skeptical and paranoid after this garbage that I talked myself out of it.

Thanks again for everyone's help ad I will keep you all updated.
You never sent me a PM or I would have went also

Anyways, Most other forums I use require that you follow the reference rule. Whoever has less references ships first, and it is strictly enforced. I wish it was like that here.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry bro, thought I did. I was inundated with support from the RC community and it made me quite proud to be a member.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)
Default Read this

I don't live that far from this guy and I went to his house and talked to his wife .This guy is in hospital and has been for 2 weeks I got this guys stuff back for him so not really sure that this guy was trying to rip anybody off so I wouldn't go to hard on him yet!
Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

If he was in the hospital for two weeks who made the deal with me and who logged on two days later? The family also told you they mailed the truck, it would have been here by now and I'm sure the kid wouldn't have coughed up the batts if he had actually mailed it, if one even exists.
I am very happy that this got resolved and deeply indebted to you paintchip and all the others that offered help and advice. I will be requiring a telephone number and some sort of verbal contact from this point on with respect to purchases and trades.
Who knows what the truth is, but lets all band together to deter these bad deals. If in fact an honest man is in the hospital, my prayers go out to him as I said before. I look at facts, not emotion and I can't judge truth or fiction any other way.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If he was in the hospital for two weeks who made the deal with me and who logged on two days later? The family also told you they mailed the truck, it would have been here by now and I'm sure the kid wouldn't have coughed up the batts if he had actually mailed it, if one even exists.
I am very happy that this got resolved and deeply indebted to you paintchip and all the others that offered help and advice. I will be requiring a telephone number and some sort of verbal contact from this point on with respect to purchases and trades.
Who knows what the truth is, but lets all band together to deter these bad deals. If in fact an honest man is in the hospital, my prayers go out to him as I said before. I look at facts, not emotion and I can't judge truth or fiction any other way.
Bad,

I feel you on your post. But, in all my years being on this forum and reading through this portion of RC Tech, you touched on one of the main "reasons" used in why a transaction goes bad. Here are some of the reasons I have read over the years:

1. I was in the hospital and was not able to ship it
2. I work a lot of hours and did not have time to ship it when we made the deal
3. I shipped it but forgot who I shipped it with
4. I lost/can't find the tracking number of the package
5. I just plain forgot to ship it

There are more but those were the main ones I have seen. There was one transaction that went bad that I read a few years back that could not be helped. The seller actually died the day after he sold a buggy to someone. One of his racing buddies saw the postings on this feedback thread and had to inform the party about the passing. He even e-mailed the buyer a copy of the obituary from the services and link to the newspaper obituary to show that the seller was really dead and not trying to scam the guy. I think the transaction got resolved somehow (yes, I know that this was a wild circumstance). I hope that you have better luck with all future r/c transactions.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Rookie

the real *hitty part is it EFFS up things for people like me i just joined have zero feedback but i am a firm believer in a deals a deal and with people out there screwing others over it makes it damn near impossible for people like to me sell/buy/trade on forums respectivly
Old 03-11-2010, 08:21 AM
JSY
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 84aejosh
the real *hitty part is it EFFS up things for people like me i just joined have zero feedback but i am a firm believer in a deals a deal and with people out there screwing others over it makes it damn near impossible for people like to me sell/buy/trade on forums respectivly
You can buy. I would sell to you. As for selling that is a different story. It would probably involve you shipping first. I just purchased from a new member with zero feedback. He shipped first and I sent payment upon delivery and inspection. I left him a great feedback.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.