dangerous minds

Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerousminds
frist you moorron i said it has rebulit diffs which is what i was told why would I take the truck apart and put new diffs in it and then not fix the shocks i was told this was a strr and i think it is had no idea either diff was messed up but nyou got parts already to fix front diff and from what ive seen on the forum you already have a nother truck so you want nout of this one i didnt want the ntruck then and i dont want it now ill send you the money for the internals for the center diff about 6.50 and thats all iam going to do i will be at nitro blast if you want to discuss anything else in atlanta and will be coming right through birgham let me know what you want to do.
ok no need for insults
Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

Last edited by 440swinger-kid; 02-24-2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: staying out of it now.... before I get in trouble....lol
Old 02-24-2010, 11:49 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (64%+)

what else am i suppose to do the giuy is scamming me and al i get from the mods so far is iam not in it so cool no disrespect but stay out then and let us handel it meaning me and party wagon nothing as far i can tell is being done about him flaming and bashing all my threads iam getting madder by the min marcos you have always seemed to be fare in my mind but you seem to be droping the ball here
Old 02-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

"Brand New Diffs"

How many of you racers out here ever replace a diff versus rebuild a diff under normal conditions? Probably not too many. So to me, that would mean freshly rebuilt...especially on a used rig. Many people word things differently, and if you as the buyer "think" it means one thing...it might be best to ask to get clarity. I know I always do. I would not give you $90 to replace all the diffs in a used rig you bought from me. I would however offer up $18 to replace all the bevel gears in them, in the name of good faith.

"Brand New Boca Bearings"

Well if I just replace all my bearings....run 1 or 2 races.....I'd probably still call them brand new (or freshly replaced) as well, but they might come with some dirt from my last race. As long as they are not blown bearings.....does it REALLY matter that much? Do you need to replace them all? If not...them how many do you need to replace? Have you torn down the truck to inspect them all for grit and smoothness? I mean come on now....Avid Bearings are $1 each. How petty do you REALLY want to get here?

I have purchased dozens of used items & I never have an issue w/ the saler if he is honest about the product.
If you buy that much used stuff, you should be skilled enough by now to know what questions to ask of a seller. ESPECIALLY after reading his description posted.

Sorry but I call it like I see it. He missed a few broken parts in his inspection. No excuse. Fix those broken parts ($10-$20 or so) and move on with it already. There is no need to send you a brand new bearing kit, when you already have bearings in the truck. If you have a list of the blown ones, if there are any, then ask the seller to pay for half the price to replace just the blown ones. As far as diffs go, just rebuild them. That is why the RC manufacturer makes them rebuildable! They are a huge wear item.... If you expect a $90 discount on a $125 truck...you're smoking some seriously wacky stuff man. If you are so hell bent on getting "brand new diffs" then sell the ones that are on the truck and buy new ones for yourself. Don't expect him to replace them so you end up with 6 diffs....
Old 02-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

what else am i suppose to do the giuy is scamming me and al i get from the mods so far is iam not in it so cool no disrespect but stay out then and let us handel it meaning me and party wagon nothing as far i can tell is being done about him flaming and bashing all my threads iam getting madder by the min marcos you have always seemed to be fare in my mind but you seem to be droping the ball here
Seems like the best thing you could do in this situation is take him up on his offer and just give him a refund for the truck. If it is in the shape that you described it then you should not have any trouble selling it again. The buyer obviously is not happy with it, just cut your losses, take the truck back, and give him a refund.

If you knew nothing about the truck but described it as having new diffs and new bearings then you are at fault. Never sell something that you don't know everything about, if you know nothing about it then you have no defence when the buyer complains.
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 440swinger-kid
good
Old 02-24-2010, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Here is the last post on this thread. I cannot take sides , you make trades and deals here at your own risk it is your responsability not mine.

My best advise is to contact him via pm and ask to make things right if not leave the proper feedback. nothing good is going to come from harrassing and making insults, This thread is done take it to pms.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Suspended

thank you for reopen now i have offerd fare end to this but he still wants 90 in parts or his money back now he has filed paypal dispute cool what ever they decide he will get ohh wait they did theysaid nothing he gets nothing and reopend my account it was on hold for about 10 min lol now hes threating to have me arrested sould get about as far as he did with paypal lol

Last edited by dangerousminds; 02-24-2010 at 09:52 PM. Reason: sp
Old 02-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I knew he'd push it too far. Now he gets nothing.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

The quest to please some people will never end dangerous. All I can really say to you is just be careful next time and really inspect whatever you list for sale. As long as you list it as accurately as possible, even the pickiest buyer won't have a leg to stand on.

Chalk the added stress up as a life lesson (or at least an rctech lesson?) :-)
Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 PM
Suspended

yes i will inspect more carfully and i would have told him had i known but oh well
Old 02-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dangerous,

Like Moto said, you will never please some people no matter what you do. It sound like this transaction was the classic former Domino's Pizza slogan, "Something for nothing." There are too many folks out there that want a Lambo but want it at a Chevy Aveo price (not ever going to happen). Most know that you take a risk buying used over new. I have read the entire thread and it looks like you tried to rectify whatever complaint the buyer had with fair compensation. Again, like Moto said, just chalk this up to a life's lesson learned and folks will now be leary about dealing with Party_wagon.

Last edited by JLock; 02-25-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Well it seems pretty much to me that dangerousminds is 100% at fault for starting this mess, it's 50/50 as to whose fault it is for it being resolved.

Firstly the product was advertised wrongly. Period. At the very least he should get the "brand new diffs" and "brand new bearings" as advertised. It doesn't matter how good the deal is, it's plain and simple, black and white.

Not knocking you dangerousminds, mistakes happen, just saying the buck stops with you. I stock stuff from many people and if I sold someone something in a condition that was not as advertised, I would refund it, take it back ASAP, no questions asked. Totally my fault, and then go yell at my supplier, in your case, your friend. lol - I know you have held you hand up and owned up to this and tried to make good on it - but you should have offered a return straight up.

But props to you for trying to make good with party_wagon, who is making it hard I suppose to resolve this amicably, but people really should stop attacking him, or either one of them for that matter. It's not productive.

Party, you're not going to get $90 back on a $125 deal. Just accept that. But he is entitled at the very least to a return/refund. Or money back for the items that were not as advertised. How much is up to you two.

Also party it's really bad form to leave bad feedback before trying to resolve a situation. It's like punching someone in the face and then asking them to help you out. So I don't know what you were thinking. Doesn't excuse dangerous though as this wouldn't be an issue if product was as advertised.

Good Luck to both of you in working it out, it's not too late you know. It would help too I guess if people would stop throwing insults left and right - because that's really productive right?

Sort it out.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:22 AM
Suspended

frist it does have new bearings in it he lying about that second you tell to give up on getting 90 back on 125 deal well how much do you think new diffs cost about a hundred for center alone and lets talk about this for a min. when you say your putting new diffs in your buggy do you mean your going out to spend around three hundred for new diffs or r you going to redulid your diffs if you put new diffs in it every time then where do you live and what do you run iam openinmg up a hobby store on your street its common since and he knows it he just wants something for nothing i offerd to resolve and he would not here of it then filed a payapl dispute so fine i let them resolve it and they did and he gets what they deemed right he went to them to let them rule and they did and he got what they thought was fare and no i still cant type or spell

Last edited by dangerousminds; 02-25-2010 at 08:24 AM. Reason: iam a dumb ass
Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

frist it does have new bearings in it he lying about that second you tell to give up on getting 90 back on 125 deal well how much do you think new diffs cost about a hundred for center alone and lets talk about this for a min. when you say your putting new diffs in your buggy do you mean your going out to spend around three hundred for new diffs or r you going to redulid your diffs if you put new diffs in it every time then where do you live and what do you run iam openinmg up a hobby store on your street its common since and he knows it he just wants something for nothing i offerd to resolve and he would not here of it then filed a payapl dispute so fine i let them resolve it and they did and he gets what they deemed right he went to them to let them rule and they did and he got what they thought was fare and no i still cant type or spell
I hope you still give him at least a $25 or $30 refund, no matter how you try to twist it the buyer did not get what was advertised. It doesn't matter what people should think, the plain and simple truth is that you are the one that typed "new diffs". It's not about what paypal said you should give him or the fact that he has pissed you off. It is about being a man and doing the right thing.

Either have him send it back and give him a refund or give him a partial refund so that he can fix the diffs to make the buggy usable.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.