R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice.......... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/366999-burn-me-once-shame-you-burn-me-twice.html)

Neu_Racer 02-02-2010 10:20 PM

Burn me once shame on you, burn me twice..........

Beginning of January I bought a MM Pro 5700 combo from Dennis Storti on here. Will save the whole story as to what happened (scroll these threads if you wanna read) but the whole thing was a nightmare. Took 3+ weeks to get the item with virtually no communication. Many people including MarcosJ said he was a good guy but slow to ship and be patient. After Paypal returned my money he shipped Express mail and 2 days later my combo showed up in amazing condition. Better than expected. I sent him the money back and called it good. He was so apologetic and had great communication so when he offered me a DX3R and a 17.5 brushless motor for $200 shipped I thought it would go better. He gave me his word that it would be shipped out Monday. In fact gave it to me 3 times.

I sent the money (stop laughing now!) and big surprise, no word of shipping, no returned PM or email, nada. I deserve it I know.

He is an honorable seller and lived up to the deal in the end so between that and Paypal protection I am not at all worried about the cash. I am sure I will get my radio and all will be good. Just funny.
As a grown man my word means everything. Clearly not the case for all people.

Just thought I would share. You can laugh at me and call me names all you want! :D

jamescam 02-02-2010 11:23 PM

Wow, just wow... Personally, I would never pay someone up front when I previoulsy had to file a Paypal claim against them for my money.

Didn't you also ask the mod to remove your negative rating against him after the last incident was cleared up, even after it took all that to get your stuff originally?

Cadimman 02-02-2010 11:24 PM

:lol::ha::lol:

Wanabrc 02-03-2010 12:29 AM

Him shipping even after you had been given a refund by paypal shows his true intentions no matter how lazy he may be.

Beadlock 02-03-2010 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabrc (Post 6949096)
Him shipping even after you had been given a refund by paypal shows his true intentions no matter how lazy he may be.

And what is the road to hell paved with?:sneaky:

Neu_Racer 02-03-2010 06:57 AM

Yeah, the original transaction was a PITA. I am actually laughing about this. I like to think the best in people and I didn't particularly need the radio right away so figured with that good of deal why not.
Plus, I really had nothing to lose. I won't be out any money regardless but it may take me 10 days to get it back.

As for removing his feedback, I did ask the mod to remove it. I think neg feedbacks have to be REALLY REALLY deserved. I have completed a ton of transactions online and have left 2 or 3 negs ever. Had some real idiots but I don't like to pass them out unless warranted. However, if this one doesn't go significantly better than the previous one I won't be having this neg removed.

This guy is definitely not a scammer but his "word" means absolutely nothing. Ahhh well. :lol:

jamescam 02-03-2010 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer (Post 6949964)
This guy is definitely not a scammer but his "word" means absolutely nothing. Ahhh well. :lol:

:confused: I respect you believing the best in people but this is just sad.

Marcos.J 02-03-2010 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Wanabrc (Post 6949096)

wow shipped it after the money was refunded?? Like i sai i dealt with him shipping was slow but it arrived in great shape( well the deal was over 2 years ago )

oh and he asked me to change the feedback from a negative to a neutral :)

imprsme 02-03-2010 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer (Post 6948810)
I sent him the money back and called it good.

You missed a perfect opp. to make him sweat. I would have made him wait a few weeks before sending the money back. W/ no Pm's or replies just the way he does business.

I guess if the deal was good enough and you didn't need or expect to get the radio in any hurry. No harm no foul.

But IF this takes longer than YOU want this time. I can't see you rightfully leaveing him bad feedback (for the 2nd deal) or coming on and putting him down for being slow or non replies to PM's or E-mails.

Also I don't think you should have the right to ask for any help from the Mods. if you need any info or need to change feedback or so one with this.

You knew what you were getting in to.

Just my .02 worth.

Neu_Racer 02-03-2010 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by imprsme (Post 6950787)
You missed a perfect opp. to make him sweat. I would have made him wait a few weeks before sending the money back. W/ no Pm's or replies just the way he does business.

I guess if the deal was good enough and you didn't need or expect to get the radio in any hurry. No harm no foul.

But IF this takes longer than YOU want this time. I can't see you rightfully leaveing him bad feedback (for the 2nd deal) or coming on and putting him down for being slow or non replies to PM's or E-mails.

Also I don't think you should have the right to ask for any help from the Mods. if you need any info or need to change feedback or so one with this.

You knew what you were getting in to.

Just my .02 worth.

He shipped after the dispute was open, the next day Paypal refunded my money, and the day after it arrived. (he paid $20+ for express shipping on a sale of $100 for a system that cost $200)

As for "paying him back by making him sweat" I firmly believe in eye for an eye but it would serve no purpose in this case other than falsely lead me to believe I had more money than I did.

Leaving neg feedback is (sadly) at the sole discretion of the person leaving it. I buy/sell new and used stuff online all the time and VERY rarely leave a neg.

I did not ask the mods for any help, suggestions, or opinions. The only thing I asked of MarcosJ was to change the neg feedback i left for this guy to a neutral. That does absolutely nothing to help me out. I personally don't care about changing someone's feedback and especially someone who clearly deserved it. I asked (and Marcos agreed) just to be nice.

I fully expect it to take a long time but after repeated assurances and "his word" it would ship Monday, 3 days later i have heard nothing.

Thanks for your opinion as this is the correct place to share them. I just don't agree with what you are saying.

imprsme 02-03-2010 12:25 PM

Yeah, Like I said. You knew FULLY what to expect from this seller.

FYI if you did 2 minutes worth of research..this is his MO! Hes done this to LOTS of ppl.

But hey I guess it will show up sooner or later.

Good luck.

jamescam 02-05-2010 11:29 PM

Did this guy ever get you your stuff or money back? Even though you are more trusting than I am, I would hate to see anyone get ripped off.

Neu_Racer 02-06-2010 06:49 PM

Nope, haven't heard a word from him since before I sent payment. Never said he received it. Surely didn't ship last monday when he ASSURED me (LOL) it would be sent.

I won't be ripped off. My paypal account has over $10k / month sent and received through it so they are generally pretty quick to take care of me. Its just amazing how some people can lay their head down at night while being such a slimy, worthless POS. I get to open the dispute tomorrow and will get my money back Wednesday.

Neu_Racer 02-15-2010 06:06 PM

Still no word from this dirt bag but I was updating my business records and found that he did in fact refund my money on the 12th. Isn't paypal supposed to send an email or something? :confused:
Anyway, I never did hear from him and still haven't. Just ended up with the same $200 back I started with weeks before.
This guy is an absolute joke and his word isn't worth the air used to say it.

I really wish I could understand how some people can justify the way they carry themselves. No matter how good of deal or how convincing he is DO NOT EVER BUY FROM DENNIS STORTI!!!!

Cadimman 02-15-2010 06:23 PM

It's hard to imagine what goes on in the head of some people, but points of view and priorities can get distorted by substance abuse or even life events. Hence we can't even begin to see what the heck they're thinking, but I don't think they are "normal" for whatever reason. Noticed with my online dealings that there really is ALL kinds.

:weird::confused: