Got Burned

Old 11-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Got Burned

Hi,

Seemed like I got burned. I shipped out a check for an LRP speed control purchase and now nothing. I pm him and to see if he received it and he told me he hasnt gotten it yet. This was 9 days ago. Dont know what is going on.

This is why i dont like doing business on here!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Who did you use to ship it? Everytime I ship, I purchase delivery confirmation. Usually costs me 65 cents or so, but is MUCH cheaper then the item to be lost.

Also, it's smart to search that person's username before dealing with them. They might be newer here, but maybe they have a bad rep on another RC site or two.

Best of luck with everything!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

So I dont know whats going on.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

I went through USPS. I guess I will have to eat the cost oh well.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing View Post
Hi,

Seemed like I got burned. I shipped out a check for an LRP speed control purchase and now nothing. I pm him and to see if he received it and he told me he hasnt gotten it yet. This was 9 days ago. Dont know what is going on.

So you are the buyer? If you sent a check it's a simple as putting a stop payment on it.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BuggyKing View Post
Hi,

if you sent a check for payment check you bank account to see if it was cashed.if not go to the service desk request a stop payment,give them the check number and any other info the need. might cost you 20$ or 25$ for stop payment, i rather pay that then loss of the money and item you bought.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07 View Post
if you sent a check for payment check you bank account to see if it was cashed.if not go to the service desk request a stop payment,give them the check number and any other info the need. might cost you 20$ or 25$ for stop payment, i rather pay that then loss of the money and item you bought.
+1 on this. I've had to do it in the past for the same issue. Not for an RCTech purchase. though...it just happens from time to time. The post office processes tens of millions of pieces of mail daily. Just by the sheer volume, the statistics say that there will be many lost items. This may be what happend to your check. I wouldn't assume you got burned just yet. Actually, the seller may be thinking that he got burned because he hasn't received payment.

It's easy to think the worst, based on the shady activity that seems to be infesting RCTech at the moment, but don't get discouraged until you have a good reason to.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Do as others have stated. Check to see if it the check has been cashed and/or put a stop on it.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

That's why I always pay a little extra for USPS confirmation. Cheap insurance
Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Champion

more then likely is gotten lost. I will contact bank and see what happened. I had contacted the buyer many times and he said he never received payment.

His User name is NIKKON. and he has 81 trader ratings at 100% so more then likely it has gotten lost in mail etc.
Old 12-22-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 250 (100%+)

Never knew this was started as I dont check this section often. I check my mail daily and it was never there.This is the one reason I ONLY use paypal from this point forward. I have had money orders lost in the mail before and money gone forever. I dont even use USPS to ship the items I sell on here because I have lost to much stuff in the mail, I only us UPS.
I assure you I never received it nor cashed it.I never heard back from you after you said you were going to sent a second payment with a confirmation number so I sold the item a few weeks later. You can check my feedback, im not here to scam anyone or anything.I did reply and keep in contact with the buyer when he pm'd asking if the check had arrived.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikkon View Post
Never knew this was started as I dont check this section often. I check my mail daily and it was never there.This is the one reason I ONLY use paypal from this point forward. I have had money orders lost in the mail before and money gone forever. I dont even use USPS to ship the items I sell on here because I have lost to much stuff in the mail, I only us UPS.
I assure you I never received it nor cashed it.I never heard back from you after you said you were going to sent a second payment with a confirmation number so I sold the item a few weeks later. You can check my feedback, im not here to scam anyone or anything.I did reply and keep in contact with the buyer when he pm'd asking if the check had arrived.
Yep, this should be filed under, "lost in the mail, followed by a misunderstanding". I think it's all good now though....things happen, right?

I agree Paypal pretty much blows when things go sour, but until there's a widely accepted alternative that's just as easy, it's the best option.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 199 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stubbs View Post
Yep, this should be filed under, "lost in the mail, followed by a misunderstanding". I think it's all good now though....things happen, right?

I agree Paypal pretty much blows when things go sour, but until there's a widely accepted alternative that's just as easy, it's the best option.
i agree if the check was never cashed then put a stop payment on it, thats why people use paypal , its instant

as of now i guess no one has been burned