Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Screwed out of AUD$330 -"Express" item not received in over 4 months - please help!!! >

Screwed out of AUD$330 -"Express" item not received in over 4 months - please help!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Screwed out of AUD$330 -"Express" item not received in over 4 months - please help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Angry rcman101 screwed me out of $330 -"Express" item not received in over 4 months help!!

Hi everyone, please help as i'm out AUD$330 and am clearly not very happy about it.

Back on the 25th June 2009, i bought, and paid for a used chassis off a user on the forum from Canada via paypal. The chassis was to be posted express (the user quoted me USD$56 for express post which i thought nothing of at the time) so i paid this promptly(USD$260 total), and am still waiting for it to arrive.

About 2-3 days ago, I checked the actual cost of postage with estimates online through canada's postal service, and the postage came out more than double what i was quoted by the user, and i also checked the cost for standard surface mail, and it came up around the USD$55 mark.

This leads me to beleive he has posted the item with SURFACE mail, and NOT EXPRESS as it was originally discussed, and was double-confirmed in our PM's.

The last time he wrote back, he said that basically, i took a risk, and because it is lost in the post now (if it even actually got posted), that it is my bad luck...

Well - i'm sorry, but i beg to differ... If i had agreed to it being posted via SURFACE mail - then yes - he is totally correct, and i am out AUD$330 odd bucks... but hey - we had agreed on EXPRESS mail, and this he didn't do, so feel i have every right to my money back.

I have constantly been in contact with this seller, yet he keeps leading me on more and more, saying he will get onto the post office and he obviously never has bothered - as he never once bothered to write me an email or pm suggesting the fact he had done anything about the situation. He also tells me he posted it express - and that they did not give him a tracking number or anything, and that he doesnt know why. For some reason i had never thought of the fact he didnt post it express - guess i'm just too trustworthy, although now i regret giving it so much time to arrive...

I was ALWAYS the one to contact him first - i pm'd him at least every 1-2½ weeks religiously since i have sent the money, letting him know it is still not here, and asking what he is doing about it - as i mentioned earlier - he just keeps telling me he will get onto the PO, and i never hear anything again, untill i contact the next time...

I have contacted Paypal, but because i was so ridiculously generous waiting and trusting that it would show up eventually - i have now waited too long to make a dispute against this in paypal. I have gone to my bank now, as some of the money was taken from there through paypal, and it could be anything between 2-4 weeks before i get any word back.

I have kept ALL PM's from the seller, including any correspondance with paypal etc also.

Is there anything else i can do??? I'd love to call him out, but fear i DEFINATELY wont get anything back...

What do i do??? am i screwed???

***EDIT***

Just thought i should add - even though i paid him USD$260 - i have asked him to pay me AUD$200 (a considerably lower number) back... i feel this is MORE than fair considering he didn't hold up to his end of the deal, yet he still refuses to pay even this... i have heard from him only once since i asked for SOME of my money back - just the message saying it was my bad luck for 'taking a risk'.

Last edited by danhfvcsd; 11-08-2009 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Whoa- that is a long time. I say call him out. Hopefully Paypal will help you. It really burns me that some people don't care about other people.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yea....if it was a week or 2 then i would say hold out...JUNE.....I would be using everyname you have under the sun for this guy call him out and let others know who this guy is.....
Old 11-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation

Yeah, been a while hehehe...

This is the guy...
"rcman101"
http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/rcman101.html

The paypal account info is...
Justin Jeffery

I paid into this email on his paypal...
[email protected]
and this is another email linked to his paypal...
[email protected]

it's a shame this, I had been so nice to the bloke about it all... Maybe I should have been more stern about it... I just don't like to come across as an ass - I have always found I get nowhere that way, plus it's not the best way to make friends lol

I just hope he does the right thing and at least gives back the aud$200 to me for being so blatently dishonest on the postage, which, if he hadn't been, none of this would have occured and we'd all be happy campers...

Unfortunately greed gets to some...

Does anybody have any other avenues I can take with regards to refunding my money, other than what I've done already?

Cheers guys

Daniel
Old 11-09-2009, 12:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Unfortunately there are a lot of offenders of this from the USA / Canada, goes to reason given the higher population, but the way I approach it is 14 days MAX for any post to arrive from the US/Canada to Australia. If it isn't here by then, I open up a Paypal dispute just to cover myself. You can always cancel a dispute if it shows up. It's wide spread and I have seen it in sporting card forums, rc forums, all the same ploy, blame the postal system, string the buyer along until the window for them to lodge a Paypal claim is over.

Good luck in recouping your funds.

ps, the paypal account "scummy_420" kinda says it all though.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

thanks for the reply mate,

I was thinking the same thing as I was sending it lol

this is my first transaction to go bad after many others on other forums and a few here, Pity it was a decent Size transaction... I'll surely learn from this tho

now I think of it, I remember sending a pm to another guy who bought a chassis off him, and he said it was all good and he got it, but also with slow post... I figured he'd just be slow, so didn't think anything bad of it... Plus his trader rating here was pretty good...

Spose it's a good thing, almost in a way - I'll be more weary next time, and less trusting... It's a shame tho, as no one should have to worry about that kinda thing.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nexxus
Unfortunately there are a lot of offenders of this from the USA / Canada, goes to reason given the higher population, but the way I approach it is 14 days MAX for any post to arrive from the US/Canada to Australia. If it isn't here by then, I open up a Paypal dispute just to cover myself. You can always cancel a dispute if it shows up. It's wide spread and I have seen it in sporting card forums, rc forums, all the same ploy, blame the postal system, string the buyer along until the window for them to lodge a Paypal claim is over.

Good luck in recouping your funds.

ps, the paypal account "scummy_420" kinda says it all though.
I think 2 weeks is a little soon. When I ship out stuff to the States from Canada or I order stuff from the States it usually takes exactly 2 weeks to arrive. That's just accross the boarder not the ocean. Plus for standard shipping it's usually 10-14 business days through Canada Post. All I am trying to say it 2 weeks might be a little early to jump on something like that.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:16 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanty140
I think 2 weeks is a little soon. When I ship out stuff to the States from Canada or I order stuff from the States it usually takes exactly 2 weeks to arrive. That's just accross the boarder not the ocean. Plus for standard shipping it's usually 10-14 business days through Canada Post. All I am trying to say it 2 weeks might be a little early to jump on something like that.
It also depends on the seller's willingness to provide proof of postage etc I guess. If you gave me complete details of postage etc I'd be more likely to wait than someone who just dismissed concerns with "oh it'll show up soon"
Old 11-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

its probley to late to open a paypal claim, I think you only have 30 days from when you send the money.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
its probley to late to open a paypal claim, I think you only have 30 days from when you send the money.
And PP are only able (or willing) to refund payments if the seller still has funds in his account.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That guy is not too popular on here. There is at least one other person who already started a negative thread in here.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

His E-mail addy was "scummy 420"........ that would have put me off right there. So sorry that you had this happen to you. People in this world realy suck.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys =)

Paypal said i could only file a dispute within 45 days of the transaction. Then there is another process after that or something if it doesnt work out with the seller - not real sure, would have to go back and have another look...

I have my bank on the case now, so its just a waiting game from now... It's kinda fortunate for me that i didnt have the whole amount of funds available in my paypal account actually... i had AUD$90 odd dollars in the paypal, so i can more than likely say goodbye to that - but because the remainding amount was taken out of my savings account direct debit - the bank can have a go at it for me, so my spirits have been lifted slightly at that - but we'll see =)

Just hope he doesn't catch anyone else on this tho
Old 11-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I recall seeing a few bad threads about rcman101.Just looking at his feedback would be reason enough for me not to deal with him.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/itrader.php?u=64360
Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

yeah - the trouble with that, is that at the time i purchased from him, it was at 97% - but the one bad rating he got was re-canted by tekin,aster...
"SORRY HES NOT A SCAMMER. IM AN IDIOT SOMETIMES. SORRY, curtis BIG MISTAKE. "

si figured it was all good - guess it wasn't -lol- his rating sucks now tho =)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.