Report Internet Crime and Fraud Here

Old 10-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Arrow Report Internet Crime and Fraud Here

The United States Government has created a website for you to report Internet Crime and Fraud.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Be prepared to provide details of the crime and transactions.

When all reasonable attempts have failed with the other party, notify them of your intent to bring closure and then report the crime.

DO NOT hesitate when you have been scammed. Contact your local police department and file a complaint.

Save details of the transaction, screenshots of what you are buying, etc.

I have been fortunate enough to have dealt with some class acts on this site. Unfortunately, some of you have not.

/rant
Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by truraza View Post
The United States Government has created a website for you to report Internet Crime and Fraud.

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Be prepared to provide details of the crime and transactions.

When all reasonable attempts have failed with the other party, notify them of your intent to bring closure and then report the crime.

DO NOT hesitate when you have been scammed. Contact your local police department and file a complaint.

Save details of the transaction, screenshots of what you are buying, etc.

I have been fortunate enough to have dealt with some class acts on this site. Unfortunately, some of you have not.

/rant
So contact YOUR local police? I did file a complaint with IC3 and am awaiting response. Others here have told me to contact the other person's local police and that is where I've been running into problems; can't find a police contact for Townsend Deleware...
Old 10-11-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

http://dsp.delaware.gov/
Old 10-11-2009, 11:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Colors_By_Dave View Post
Thanks Dave. I'll look into that.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cadimman View Post
So contact YOUR local police? I did file a complaint with IC3 and am awaiting response. Others here have told me to contact the other person's local police and that is where I've been running into problems; can't find a police contact for Townsend Deleware...
Yes,contact your local PD first.File a report with them to get the ball rolling.They should then contact the scammer's local PD.Not saying that they definately will,but they should.Sometimes the police don't seem to care much about this.That's where persistance comes in to play.Make sure you get the name of the officer you filed the report with.If you don't hear back from him,keep calling every couple days.If they know you're not gonna go away,they will probably do what they have to do to shut you up.I've been through it all before over a $500 scam from some DB in Missouri.Filed with my PD and a couple days later the officer called to inform me that he called the scammer,not his PD and explained the severity of his crime.That's all it took for that loser to get the picture and he started paying my money back immediately.Took about 2 weeks worth of $100 here and $200 there,but I got my $500 back.Up until the point where my local police made that call,all I got from my scammer was a long list of excuses and sob stories.

Good luck! And don't give up!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Suspended

OK, I will try that. Hope everyone else who got scammed persues this too. If these people realize they may have to face the music on not get away with it because we aren't local, maybe it will stop some of it. I enjoy being able to deal with people here and for the most part it's awesome!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Always take your information TO the police precinct or office closest to you. Phone calls to them have different results. Someone will take a report.

Notify the other person of your intent to see it through this way and then DO IT.

Good luck!
Old 10-12-2009, 01:10 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by truraza View Post
Always take your information TO the police precinct or office closest to you. Phone calls to them have different results. Someone will take a report.

Notify the other person of your intent to see it through this way and then DO IT.

Good luck!
Well I don't know how it's done in US, but I went to my local PD. They said this is a civil matter, no criminal and that I should go to Claims Court....
Old 10-16-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Just posted my experience with Shane to this website. Hopefully something comes of it.