HOW NOT TO GET SCAMMED!!!

Reply

Old 10-02-2009, 09:52 PM
  #16  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 366
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps View Post
Your very welcome. Kind of ironic here he's posting about how not to get scammed and he was trying a warranty scam himself. Takes all kinds.......

-J
WHO IS SCAMMING WHO???????? IF YOU CALL ANY COMPANY THAT SELLS ELECTRONICS THEY GIVE OFF THE BAT A 50% OFF OR WILL FIX THE ITEM FOR PENNIES!!!!!

I bought a charger that says call MAXAMPS if it breaks. SO I did, and then we followed what MAXAMPS said to do. And Now Im the bad guy. Please your Customer Service is terrible. You guys dont fix nothing, repair nothing, look at anything!!

So why would we need or want to send you a broken or needing repaired charger??? We should be calling HYPERION!! Terrible Terrible Terrible!!!!!

Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
lol! i was on aim and could see right through his bs lies,
He tried to tell me alex and josh knew nothing. and i told him maxamps would not replace a charger you did not buy from them, I am Glad Maxamps supports our team, and i have been running there rx pack for a good 1/2 season now and its AWESOME! going to get the 3pk lipo next!

Everyone is a joke here. It is terrible how people are treated and mislead and taken advantage of. I see also that you took down my posting to Them. Well I spoke to Maxamps again and its funny how I get names thrown at me. Even my wife called and got a Chris on the phone. So I really dont care what you do or what you think of me.

And I HAVE THE PROOOF!!! USPS.COM TRACKING INFORMATION ON BOTH!!!!
killatoyota4569 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:35 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
 
JAM MaxAmps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nine Mile Falls, WA
Posts: 1,061
Default

As I have said in my previous post, we asked who the original purchaser was. You say you bought it from a good friend but yet you won't provide us that name to see if the charger was in fact purchased from us. So at that point are services are done. It also does not state any where "says call MAXAMPS if it breaks" Those are simply words that you are making up. It's quite funny how the story on your end keeps changing through the posts you make. It's pretty clear to all of us that you bought a used charger that clearly had an issue and now your trying to scam us into a warranty claim on it when in fact you never bought it from us nor can you even prove that it in fact was ever bought from us. I don't care if you even sent it to us, your getting it back because you have no legit claim with us. Face it you lost on your purchase and you need to just get over it and move on.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 06:42 AM
  #18  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
rwhisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I have never had an issue with the folks at MaxAmps. In fact, every time I have dealt with them I have received nothing but the best in customer service. In my opinion, they go out of their way to make sure every customer is treated well. As an example, I bought a few balancing adapters from them and the bill was less than 20 bucks. Not only did I get the order in three days, two weeks later I got a note from their marketing manager Jason thanking me for my purchase! They go out of their way to earn business.

I have a few friends that work for customer service and I will tell you that the first thing that sets the tone for assistance is attitude. If you call someone demanding service when you have little to no proof that you purchased the item from them then you are relying on a goodwill gesture on their part to take the item in. If you piss them off they will stick to the letter of their rules! Your mother should have taught you that you can get more flies with honey than vinegar. Simple facts are that you purchased the charger from a buddy and it turned out to be a pile-o-crap. You thought you could bully MaxAmps into fixing it free and when they asked for the ORIGINAL receipt or proof of purchase you could not provide it. EVERY business does verify warranty this way, it is the only way they can verify warranty coverage. Providing shipping tracking numbers means nothing. Posting garbage on the forum about a company when it is you who couldn't support your claim is ridiculous.

If you have a Hyperion charger that needs to be serviced, I have the customer service and shipping information for Hyperion. If you are really nice I might share it with you, but then again, I might not.

On another note, why is it that Team Terribles seems to have a lot of these clowns as members of their team? You guys really need to qualify your membership in some way, shape or form.
rwhisen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:11 AM
  #19  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 366
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps View Post
As I have said in my previous post, we asked who the original purchaser was. You say you bought it from a good friend but yet you won't provide us that name to see if the charger was in fact purchased from us. So at that point are services are done. It also does not state any where "says call MAXAMPS if it breaks" Those are simply words that you are making up. It's quite funny how the story on your end keeps changing through the posts you make. It's pretty clear to all of us that you bought a used charger that clearly had an issue and now your trying to scam us into a warranty claim on it when in fact you never bought it from us nor can you even prove that it in fact was ever bought from us. I don't care if you even sent it to us, your getting it back because you have no legit claim with us. Face it you lost on your purchase and you need to just get over it and move on.

Jason

ARE YOU DUMB???? ARE YOU DEFFF?? You were not the guy I called..... You were NEVER THE GUY I CALLED!!! And yes I gave them ALL THE INFO THEY NEEDED. They had no " RECORD " and the guy would not lie. And niether will I do not break my word for anyone. And why do I need to lie, You keep having to lie. SOOoo stop saying my story changed, names changed, im lieing. Because my story is the same, my names are the same.

And nah I didnt lose on my purchase... Funny how a screw driver and some Brains can fix shit. I have a local guy who fixes electronics and wow he fixed it before you guys who are the fixers. LOL

O well Funny how I try to help indiviuals from getting scammed, and you want to take over. I am done here. Take care good luck. And how it works out for you.
killatoyota4569 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:18 AM
  #20  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
rwhisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569 View Post
.... And nah I didnt lose on my purchase... Funny how a screw driver and some Brains can fix shit. I have a local guy who fixes electronics and wow he fixed it before you guys who are the fixers. LOL

O well Funny how I try to help indiviuals from getting scammed, and you want to take over. I am done here. Take care good luck. And how it works out for you.
Glad it worked out so well for you.
rwhisen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:44 AM
  #21  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (14)
 
DraftDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 556
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Two Quick question:

If we bought our chargers from a hobby shop does that count as "buying from Hyperion?

Does the hobby shop selling a hyperion charger make them a dealer?

Thanks, and I love my Hyperion 720i chargers!
DraftDriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:50 AM
  #22  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
rwhisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hyperion says on their warranty info that your first step is to contact the seller.

I guess MaxAmps had to post this for one person....




I've mentioned this before and I will mention it yet again.

It has come to our attention that there are used MaxAmps.com packs and Used Hyperion Chargers being sold on e-bay and other sites that are claiming to have either our 3yr/300cycle warranty or the Hyperion 1 yr warranty on them.

Here's the Deal, our 3yr/300 cycle warranty is non-transferable. If you buy a pack that is used from someone and they claim it has the warranty on it, that warranty is void at the time you purchase the pack from them.

With Hyperion the warranty on the chargers is one year from the date you get it into your hands. If you buy a used charger some place you have no rights to any warranty period. It also is a non-transferable warranty, only good for the original purchaser. All Hyperion warranty claims need to be with the original place of purchase. Meaning if you bought it from us we handle the warranty claim, if bought from another dealer you must contact them for any warranty claims.

Please do not come to us trying to get a warranty claim on any used Hyperion products or used MaxAmps.com batteries. All warranty claims are verified to check if your the original purchaser.

The 3yr/300 cycle warranty can only be purchased on packs bought from MaxAmps.com or any LHS that is selling our packs.


Best regards,

Jason
__________________
Jason
MaxAmps Marketing Manager
[email protected]
www.NitroKillers.com www.MaxAmps.com *Team Terribles Sponsor/Member*

Last edited by rwhisen; 10-03-2009 at 09:02 AM.
rwhisen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:40 AM
  #23  
Tech Master
 
JAM MaxAmps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Nine Mile Falls, WA
Posts: 1,061
Default

Originally Posted by DraftDriver View Post
Two Quick question:

If we bought our chargers from a hobby shop does that count as "buying from Hyperion?

Does the hobby shop selling a hyperion charger make them a dealer?

Thanks, and I love my Hyperion 720i chargers!
If bought from a LHS it has to go back to them for any warranty issues.

Jason
JAM MaxAmps is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 AM
  #24  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (249)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,239
Trader Rating: 249 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569 View Post
ARE YOU DUMB???? ARE YOU DEFFF?? You were not the guy I called..... You were NEVER THE GUY I CALLED!!! And yes I gave them ALL THE INFO THEY NEEDED. They had no " RECORD " and the guy would not lie. And niether will I do not break my word for anyone. And why do I need to lie, You keep having to lie. SOOoo stop saying my story changed, names changed, im lieing. Because my story is the same, my names are the same.
Oh. My. God. "DEFFF"? "lieing"? I'll give you "niether" as a transpo (probably not, but I'll give it to you). Dude, you're functionally illiterate and you have the nerve to ask someone if THEY'RE "dumb"?

Read this paragraph you've written, look up the word "irony" in the dictionary, and then sign up for some English as Second Language classes in the adult ed catalog at your local community college.

As for the MaxAmps folks who've been trying to sort your bs from fact...they'd better stay away from the circus today or they're likely to be called "ugly" by the dog-faced boy.

Last edited by Scottrik; 10-03-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Scottrik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:51 AM
  #25  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (65)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,935
Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post


As for the MaxAmps folks who've been trying to sort your bs from fact...they'd better stay away from the circus today or they're likely to be called "ugly" by the dog-faced boy.
What dose that mean, I cant support maxamps.... they sponsor my team and have been running there lipo packs for a good 2 years hell i left a 2s rx pack on a shelf for a year because i didn't have a nitro car pulled it off the shelf cycled it a few times and boom she takes 2200 mah and balances perfectly
smokinu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:56 AM
  #26  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (65)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,935
Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JAM MaxAmps View Post
If bought from a LHS it has to go back to them for any warranty issues.

Jason
Jason i am sorry this fool has caused such and uproar with trying to get maxamps to replace his used charger.

Caleb Morton is a name he droped to me.

here an aim convo just for clearification that i will back up that he tried to get maxamps to replace a charger he bought used off this site
LiQuIdIcE4YoU (7:53:01 PM): I bought this charger from a guy off RCtech
LiQuIdIcE4YoU (7:53:08 PM): Claiming to have the receipt
LiQuIdIcE4YoU (7:53:11 PM): then said he couldnt find it
LiQuIdIcE4YoU (7:53:22 PM): I dont have a problem, they have terrible service
LiQuIdIcE4YoU (7:53:32 PM): if u knew what went on then u would agree
ThizisMarcus (7:54:00 PM): i have been racing for maxamps for the last 2 years and have never had a problem so i will disagree 100% of the time
smokinu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:01 PM
  #27  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (249)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,239
Trader Rating: 249 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by smokinu View Post
What dose that mean, I cant support maxamps.... they sponsor my team and have been running there lipo packs for a good 2 years hell i left a 2s rx pack on a shelf for a year because i didn't have a nitro car pulled it off the shelf cycled it a few times and boom she takes 2200 mah and balances perfectly
My intent was that the good folks at MaxAmps have been faced with being slagged-off by a member (Killatoyota) of a team (Team Terribles) that they (MaxAmps) support. That is, at best, poor form--why bite the hand that feeds. My crack re: the circus was that the irony of being asked if they're "dumb" by someone who can barely communicate in the written mode is irony at its best, like being called "ugly" by someone (the long famous "dog-faced boy/man/woman" of circus freak shows in years past) who is, themself, ugly. Pot calling the kettle black. Etc.
Scottrik is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:23 PM
  #28  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (65)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 4,935
Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
My intent was that the good folks at MaxAmps have been faced with being slagged-off by a member (Killatoyota) of a team (Team Terribles) that they (MaxAmps) support. That is, at best, poor form--why bite the hand that feeds. My crack re: the circus was that the irony of being asked if they're "dumb" by someone who can barely communicate in the written mode is irony at its best, like being called "ugly" by someone (the long famous "dog-faced boy/man/woman" of circus freak shows in years past) who is, themself, ugly. Pot calling the kettle black. Etc.
Ah ok, i just did not recognize that paragraph as being apart of the ones above it since you double spaced it out.
smokinu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:00 PM
  #29  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 366
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

ALL OF YOU CAN DO ALL YOU WANT

TALK ALL YOU WANT

SAY ALL YOU WANT

IT IS JUST TERRIBLE HOW ANYONE CAN COME IN HERE AND SAY WHAT THEY WANT!!!



NONE OF YOU KNOW SHIT OR WHAT WENT ON...... SMOKINU STOP MAKING POSTS OF IMS THAT WERE NEVER SENT!!!
stick up for ur sponsor since you cant afford shit on your own LOL you are pathetic. Making shit up now too... LOL HAHAHAHAHAHA

YOUR A LOW LIFE TAKE CARE GOOD LUCK BUH BYE!!

And jason if you need me you can call me at 516-308-2504

Have a GREAT DAY!
killatoyota4569 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 PM
  #30  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (249)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,239
Trader Rating: 249 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569 View Post
BUH BYE!!
See, now yer just gettin' our hopes up. See, you've already said:

Originally Posted by killatoyota4569 View Post
I am done here.
Yet here you are again with still another rant that is, at best, marginally literate.

Buh bye for keeps this time?

BTW, MaxAmps does not sponsor me in any way whatsoever. Any of their product I use I have paid full price for. They do, however, exemplify a customer service ethic that has been (to my knowledge) beyond reproach.
Scottrik is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service