Don't send Beta bob money!!!

Old 10-03-2009, 10:15 AM
  #16  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (255)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,345
Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rwhisen View Post
They sure have their share of them. I don't think I'll deal with anyone who has that in their signature.
DING DING DING DING DING!! EXACTLY the solution.

Have you seen the other thread with one of the Team Terribles members irrationally slamming the hell out of MaxAmps because they won't warranty the charger he bought second hand, won't provide the name of the person who originally bought it (supposedly from MaxAmps) and has absolutely no documentation/proof of purchase. And this character who's trying to scam a warranty freebie is the same guy who's got a thread calling out scammers. Pot, meet kettle.

Looks like starting a "team" that ANYBODY can join with no entry requirements, etc, draws flakes as fast as raw meat draws wolves. I'm sure there are decent folks involved with Team Terribles but there are enough bozos in the mix that I'm not doing any dealing with anyone who has their affiliation in their sig.
Scottrik is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 11:07 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
iTrader: (74)
 
ehames005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
DING DING DING DING DING!! EXACTLY the solution.

Have you seen the other thread with one of the Team Terribles members irrationally slamming the hell out of MaxAmps because they won't warranty the charger he bought second hand, won't provide the name of the person who originally bought it (supposedly from MaxAmps) and has absolutely no documentation/proof of purchase. And this character who's trying to scam a warranty freebie is the same guy who's got a thread calling out scammers. Pot, meet kettle.

Looks like starting a "team" that ANYBODY can join with no entry requirements, etc, draws flakes as fast as raw meat draws wolves. I'm sure there are decent folks involved with Team Terribles but there are enough bozos in the mix that I'm not doing any dealing with anyone who has their affiliation in their sig.

WOW I'm sorry you guy's feel that way. There are a lot of good people that are on the team. I know I have done a lot of deals on here and not had one issue I do not scam people and I uphold my end of the deal. I can not speak for every member of Team Teribbles but I know that 99.9% of us are very good people who are honest and do good deals. I really think it crazy to eliminate all of the team because of a few dummys.
ehames005 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 11:36 AM
  #18  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

I would like to set the record straight for all of you. As soon as someone shows the slightest incling of dishonesty or lack of values they are kicked off the team! The world is full of bad apples and since we have grown to over 350 members in less than 3 months it was bound to happen that we have some less than desirable people join. The good part about having any type of problem with any of our team members us that you now have 350 people to help you get your problems resolved. We have all members personal information and we give that to local authorities once it is proven that one of our members may be a thief! You will never have that kind of security with any non team member. We also always side with the person who may have got scammed and do everything in our power to rectify the situation. All you need to do is contact any team member and they will get the word to me. You will not get that kind of assurance with a stranger. Keep that in mind the next time you see our team signature in a sellers name. I apologize to any and all of you who may have gotten a raw deal but believe me when I tell you that we take action!!!! and for the record there has only been three proven cases that team members actually scammed someone, so that's less than 1%..PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY REASON TO BELIEVE THAT YOU WERE SCAMMED BY A TEAM MEMBER AND I WILL HELP YOU AND THE POLICE BRING THEM TO JUSTICE!

Last edited by Jaz240; 10-03-2009 at 11:53 AM.
Jaz240 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 12:10 PM
  #19  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (255)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,345
Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ehames005 View Post
WOW I'm sorry you guy's feel that way. There are a lot of good people that are on the team. I know I have done a lot of deals on here and not had one issue I do not scam people and I uphold my end of the deal. I can not speak for every member of Team Teribbles but I know that 99.9% of us are very good people who are honest and do good deals. I really think it crazy to eliminate all of the team because of a few dummys.
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
I would like to set the record straight for all of you. As soon as someone shows the slightest incling of dishonesty or lack of values they are kicked off the team! The world is full of bad apples and since we have grown to over 350 members in less than 3 months it was bound to happen that we have some less than desirable people join. The good part about having any type of problem with any of our team members us that you now have 350 people to help you get your problems resolved. We have all members personal information and we give that to local authorities once it is proven that one of our members may be a thief! You will never have that kind of security with any non team member. We also always side with the person who may have got scammed and do everything in our power to rectify the situation. All you need to do is contact any team member and they will get the word to me. You will not get that kind of assurance with a stranger. Keep that in mind the next time you see our team signature in a sellers name. I apologize to any and all of you who may have gotten a raw deal but believe me when I tell you that we take action!!!! and for the record there has only been three proven cases that team members actually scammed someone, so that's less than 1%..PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY REASON TO BELIEVE THAT YOU WERE SCAMMED BY A TEAM MEMBER AND I WILL HELP YOU AND THE POLICE BRING THEM TO JUSTICE!
Sorry guys. As I said, there are probably some EXCELLENT folks involved with the team, but as a famous person said LONG ago "you are judged by the company you keep". Three have been proven scammers ALREADY, and you've got a couple other folks who are proving themselves to be absolute lunatics (check out Killatoyota's rant(s)).

Beta bob and Killatoyota both still "fly your flag". I'd be curious to see if the "proven scammers" do too.

Sorry, but I'll not be buying from or selling to folks with the Team Terribles banner. My personal choice, for good or bad, and I will continue to suggest to others that they do likewise. It's just not worth it. Ya'll have drawn far too much negative attention in far too short of a time.

***EDIT***

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
believe me when I tell you that we take action!!!!
Just how much "action" do you take? You've got a member that is absolutely slagging-off one of your primary industry supporters/sponsors. THAT'S not reflecting well on you, in fact him antagonizing them is like biting the hand that feeds.

Last edited by Scottrik; 10-03-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Scottrik is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 12:20 PM
  #20  
Tech Master
iTrader: (118)
 
harry697's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: south jersey
Posts: 1,867
Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ehames005 View Post
WOW I'm sorry you guy's feel that way. There are a lot of good people that are on the team. I know I have done a lot of deals on here and not had one issue I do not scam people and I uphold my end of the deal.
Exactly the point being made here.I know for a fact that there are plenty of great guys on your team.Problem is,they are not the ones in the spotlight.It's all the shady ones that are the ones we see because of this feedback forum.Unfortunately people don't receive all this attention for being honest buyers and sellers.Most of the time the threads that get started are about the bad apples.And unfortunately for Team Terribles,quite a few of those apples signed up for the team.So once again I will say maybe you guys need some refined guidelines for joining the team.Good luck.
harry697 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 PM
  #21  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (255)
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,345
Trader Rating: 255 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ehames005 View Post
I can not speak for every member of Team Teribbles but I know that 99.9% of us are very good people.
Also...a quick math lesson. Mostly 'cause I just can't resist when I see someone use hopelessly flawed statistics OR use statistics in a hopelessly flawed manner. I know, I know...spot the math teacher in the room, right?

99.9% good means, by extension, .1% bad. That means if you have ONE bad member there are 1000 members. Your team leader says there are 3 known scammers (that have been found out so far, anyway) which would indicate, by your 99.9% statistic, a total membership of 3000. Your team leader, however, indicates membership is barely a tenth that.

The good news, such as it is, is that your "conviction rate" is about 1%. Unfortunately it appears there are a few more bad apples that haven't been so "convicted" that are making themselves known as well.
Scottrik is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 03:45 PM
  #22  
Tech Master
iTrader: (74)
 
ehames005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Phoenix, Az
Posts: 1,614
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Sorry math was not my best subject lol But I was trying to show a point more than accurate math
ehames005 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 04:13 PM
  #23  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (11)
 
jr1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ky
Posts: 104
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Sorry guys. As I said, there are probably some EXCELLENT folks involved with the team, but as a famous person said LONG ago "you are judged by the company you keep". Three have been proven scammers ALREADY, and you've got a couple other folks who are proving themselves to be absolute lunatics (check out Killatoyota's rant(s)).

Beta bob and Killatoyota both still "fly your flag". I'd be curious to see if the "proven scammers" do too.

Sorry, but I'll not be buying from or selling to folks with the Team Terribles banner. My personal choice, for good or bad, and I will continue to suggest to others that they do likewise. It's just not worth it. Ya'll have drawn far too much negative attention in far too short of a time.

***EDIT***



Just how much "action" do you take? You've got a member that is absolutely slagging-off one of your primary industry supporters/sponsors. THAT'S not reflecting well on you, in fact him antagonizing them is like biting the hand that feeds.


I am a Team Terrible member. We definitely aren't all scammers. Its hard to judge someones character via the internet.Until they show their true colors really you don't have anyway of knowing. I guess my point is I think it would be hard to judge us by the company we keep when all we know about them is what they tell us via the internet. IN most cases we don't know them personally and would appreciate if others would not judge us by others action. As you can see as soon as a team member tries to scam another r/cer they are quickly removed from the team. That should show that we don't want to be affiliated with people who try to scam others.
jr1976 is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 06:25 PM
  #24  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: I like cookies
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

All this talk of proven scammers etc. I have PROOF that beta bob scammed me. Anyone wants to see it, I can show you. It's been almost a week since I've known it. He is not allegedly a scammer he IS!!! I'm out $450 until I hear otherwise from Paypal. Added to that there was another member posted that the items he was selling as "new" were bought used by him. Some balls! I guess people think hiding behind a user name won't come around to bite them in the ass, or don't care. Problem is: they are probably right.
Cadimman is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 08:43 PM
  #25  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
LOSTTHEMOJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hot Springs,AR
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Exclamation

Really, don't judge Team Terribles just bcz of some bad seeds, th team is only 2-3mths. old and we are still trying to get th kinks out!!!! I'm sorry some of u guys feel that u aren't goin to buy from a guy, just bcz hes got TT in his sig!!!!! Thats just like saying ur not goin to buy from anyone who has losi, mugen etc.... in their sig?????

I'm sure some policies will be put in order, but really, what can we do, if they have negative feedback somewhere, we most likely won't let u in, but how do we know who the person is, we aren't go knock on ur door to talk to u face to face!!!!

BTW, killatoyota was dismissed from th team 2-3days ago. idk abou beta bob.

Also, what percent do u think some rc forums have of scammers, some maybe more tha 2%, some less....

All in all, our TT is a good team of fellow racers that help each other out.

I hate to see when TT members go bad and even worse, when non-members try and fill our name with garbage, come join the team and go on our forums to see who th helpful ones are etc..., u can always quit the team if u don't like it

Finally, got that off th old chest
LOSTTHEMOJO is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 08:59 PM
  #26  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
rwhisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 442
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOSTTHEMOJO View Post
....... come join the team and go on our forums to see who th helpful ones are etc.......
Then I couldn't deal with myself.
rwhisen is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 09:02 PM
  #27  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (18)
 
LOSTTHEMOJO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hot Springs,AR
Posts: 868
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by rwhisen View Post
Then I couldn't deal with myself.
, that was funny right there!!!! Been watching to much Larry th Cable Guy.
LOSTTHEMOJO is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 10:14 PM
  #28  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 5,042
Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rwhisen View Post
They sure have their share of them. I don't think I'll deal with anyone who has that in their signature.
I will make that a point to not deal with you either.... Just like rc tech our team is bound to have people looking for a quick buck.
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
DING DING DING DING DING!! EXACTLY the solution.

Have you seen the other thread with one of the Team Terribles members irrationally slamming the hell out of MaxAmps because they won't warranty the charger he bought second hand, won't provide the name of the person who originally bought it (supposedly from MaxAmps) and has absolutely no documentation/proof of purchase. And this character who's trying to scam a warranty freebie is the same guy who's got a thread calling out scammers. Pot, meet kettle.

Looks like starting a "team" that ANYBODY can join with no entry requirements, etc, draws flakes as fast as raw meat draws wolves. I'm sure there are decent folks involved with Team Terribles but there are enough bozos in the mix that I'm not doing any dealing with anyone who has their affiliation in their sig.
Ahh Read above.
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Sorry guys. As I said, there are probably some EXCELLENT folks involved with the team, but as a famous person said LONG ago "you are judged by the company you keep". Three have been proven scammers ALREADY, and you've got a couple other folks who are proving themselves to be absolute lunatics (check out Killatoyota's rant(s)).

Beta bob and Killatoyota both still "fly your flag". I'd be curious to see if the "proven scammers" do too.

Sorry, but I'll not be buying from or selling to folks with the Team Terribles banner. My personal choice, for good or bad, and I will continue to suggest to others that they do likewise. It's just not worth it. Ya'll have drawn far too much negative attention in far too short of a time.

***EDIT***



Just how much "action" do you take? You've got a member that is absolutely slagging-off one of your primary industry supporters/sponsors. THAT'S not reflecting well on you, in fact him antagonizing them is like biting the hand that feeds.
This is just for you

KILLA has been kicked off the team and was not even an hour after his little rant thread poped up in the maxamps section
(he may have our name in the sig but he is also suspended from the site and cant change it)
if marcos reads this maybe he can remove it....

We dont pre screen everyone
but just so you guys know i have
20 positive feedback here on rctech
and 29 positive feedback on
http://www.beatyourtruck.com/forum/itrader.php?u=11578

so just because some scammer like chad joins team terribles (witch will happen look how many times he came back here and is probably here again already) we will soon find them....

if you have a problem with a terribles member PM ME!
My name is Marcus
and my aim name is Thizismarcus
my email is Thizismarcus AT yahoo DOT com

as the West coast manager of the Team my aim is to please and i for one do NOT like our team name dragged through the dirt just because the people who are scamming happen to be on our team.
smokinu is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 10:30 PM
  #29  
Suspended
Thread Starter
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: I like cookies
Posts: 2,465
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

smokinu: what can you do to help me ge my money back. beta bob started a new sig the day he stole my money and started bragging about his new ride he ordered 2 days later. Check this out, even though he's been suspended for now. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-db10r-72.html #1068 and 1069
Cadimman is offline  
Old 10-03-2009, 10:34 PM
  #30  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
smokinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: MODESTO CA
Posts: 5,042
Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cadimman View Post
smokinu: what can you do to help me ge my money back. beta bob started a new sig the day he stole my money and started bragging about his new ride he ordered 2 days later. Check this out, even though he's been suspended for now. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-db10r-72.html #1068 and 1069

page not found..
pm inbound sir.
smokinu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.