Horizon Hobby

Old 08-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)
Default Horizon Hobby

I had a very nice surprise from them and there isn't much I can do to give them props, but this is one of the things.

I sent them a DX3R to replace the plastic cover to the LCD. The cover was a little marked up from use and it was starting to annoy me.

I was expecting a phone call or an email to arrange payment. Instead, I got a package today from them - it was my DX3R with the work done free of charge.

Thanks a lot guys.....
Old 08-22-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

ive had them do something like that before. Its nice to get good customer service from them and companies like Hitec. ON the other hand, Ive sent servos to Futaba for repair and they wanted more to repair/replace than I could buy new ones for from Tower.
Old 08-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

all i can say is horizon hobby rocks. little slow sometimes but never fail on replacing and/or repairing items under warranty
Old 08-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

horizon hobby is cool....
Old 08-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

well i cant agree,i sent them my dx3s in april to replace the antenna,i got it back 7 weeks later in the same condition,with a note that they could not fix it at this time due to the dx6 recall
so after wasting time with phone calls it is still not fixed,have it sitting in the original box since they said they would call me when they can fix it,i paid for shipping to and from them they charged my card for shipping it back without doing anything to the radio,was not opened in the same packaging that i sent it in,i actually thought it was fixed,and since checking my bank i noticed the charge,so when it came to my surprise with the note not a phone call,note saying that and signed by a customer service manager,
so i dont but anything that is warranted by horizon now,
so everyone has a unique experiences with them,this is mine,
Old 08-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chitwon joe
well i cant agree,i sent them my dx3s in april to replace the antenna,i got it back 7 weeks later in the same condition,with a note that they could not fix it at this time due to the dx6 recall
so after wasting time with phone calls it is still not fixed,have it sitting in the original box since they said they would call me when they can fix it,i paid for shipping to and from them they charged my card for shipping it back without doing anything to the radio,was not opened in the same packaging that i sent it in,i actually thought it was fixed,and since checking my bank i noticed the charge,so when it came to my surprise with the note not a phone call,note saying that and signed by a customer service manager,
If you get on the phone(likely to be a long call) and discribe your situation in full you will see you can fix your issue(may not be so easy but they will make things right)
Old 08-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default horizon hobby

Originally Posted by Garet Jax
I had a very nice surprise from them and there isn't much I can do to give them props, but this is one of the things.

I sent them a DX3R to replace the plastic cover to the LCD. The cover was a little marked up from use and it was starting to annoy me.

I was expecting a phone call or an email to arrange payment. Instead, I got a package today from them - it was my DX3R with the work done free of charge.

Thanks a lot guys.....

its the main reason why i stick with spektrum, i had an old spekky bought from ebay that had a problem and they replaced no problem.

more to that , i had a few spekky and ko propp that had problems and they fixed it and delivered it by registered delivery

this is in england, FANTASTIC service!!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by muaythai
its the main reason why i stick with spektrum, i had an old spekky bought from ebay that had a problem and they replaced no problem.

more to that , i had a few spekky and ko propp that had problems and they fixed it and delivered it by registered delivery

this is in england, FANTASTIC service!!!!
few weeks ago jr(also horizon)sent my 2 9100 servos back to me(broken ear one and little twitchy other) they shipped back ups with saturday delivery. thats awsome. that afternoon i used one of them, worked out nice. communicating with them almost daily or a couple times a week pays off...

wow now that service in england! goes to show you put your money in nice stuff they make sure your happy for warranty period.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

well They werent so good to me... I baught a dx3s and want to send it in for the DSM2 upgrade and they said it costs $50 and it will take over a month, after i baught the radio...

for someone with only one radio thats kind of annying not being able to race for 30+ days.....

UNBELIEVEABLE....

Alex
Old 09-02-2009, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01
well They werent so good to me... I baught a dx3s and want to send it in for the DSM2 upgrade and they said it costs $50 and it will take over a month, after i baught the radio...

for someone with only one radio thats kind of annying not being able to race for 30+ days.....

UNBELIEVEABLE....

Alex
Alex,

Check out the DX3S thread in electronics and radios where the DSM2 upgrade is discussed. This upgrade will not get you the faster frame rate (5.5ms).
Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chitwon joe
If you are lucky enough to have an excellent hobbyshop that does alot of business with Horizon you might be able to have them help you take of this. Sometimes shops can get more help if you can't.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
If you are lucky enough to have an excellent hobbyshop that does alot of business with Horizon you might be able to have them help you take of this. Sometimes shops can get more help if you can't.
+1.....
Old 09-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Horizon rules! Along with all there other brands..losi, eflight hanger nine. If it breaks they aren't going to give any flack. They will just repair or replace it and move on.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wyd
dealing with horizon straight is better than with a middle man like the lhs. that way if they have questions they call and talk with you directly. i have tried it through my lhs and ended up calling myself to get the job done quicker. my lhs has 2 ebay shops with over 10k feedback on each account and sell mostly horizon products. best way possible is to have a spektrum sponsored driver use their service(like 3 days)...you may not think this is fair treatment but actually if you prove to them that you have qualified at high level rankings they will get the item to you in descent time. i have shown them my race results and they helped me out on service orders. not all an easy process unless you know people that work there and or using there phone system waiting your turn.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

They took good care of me last year when I sent in two spektrum rx's for repair. I was surprised to see they sent me two brand new ones. I think it's because they gave me a hard time when I sent my POS xcelorin setup in for repair 4 times lol.