Wiki Posts
Search

RIPPED OFF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default RIPPED OFF?

What do you guys think. I purchased 2 motors from ABN Hoosier here on RCTECH. I asked him what the condition of the vspec was before i bought it and was ignored. When we started talking price is when he finally talked to me. I ended up buying 2 different motors from him. I received them and the vspec had no compression at all. Which is ok i can get it re-pinched. I had someone tear the motor down and the rod had more slop than i have ever seen on a motor. Next, the sleeve would not come out(everything was tried)and was destroyed. Motor is a paper weight. Guy said sorry and couldnt refund money. Thats ripped off to me, what do you think ABN Hoosier
Old 08-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey man. I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. How come you still paid him without getting product description/condition questoin answered??

Sounds like an expensive lesson learned. I'm truely sorry bro.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Don't buy engines used. I agree, expensive lesson learned. Be very careful when dealing online.

edit: but yeah sounds like you kinda got ripped. the guy is an asshole for doing that to you.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm with Terzi on this one. You had ample warning that you were going to get hosed and you ignored it. People that are going to treat your transaction properly would not ignore such a simple request. It doesn't relieve the seller for selling you crap. That's still the most overwhelming and egregious offense and you should get your money back. Selling and engine without disclosing that fact that it's FREAKIN HOSED is paramount theft, especially when you asked a direct question about its condition.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

damn bro that sucks! yea you shouldn't have bought them without product description but i also dont like to buy motors used unless i personally know the person or have seen how the person runs it. but yea id say you got ripped off which sucks!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Isn't it funny how all used engines have "1-2 gallons on it" or "only run for break-in". What average person goes through breaking in an engine to turn around and sell it???

I will never buy a used engine.

You got hosed royally man.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

dont buy used engine period .................unless its your fellow racer/s that want to change mill at least that way you know whats the history right ,for the seller try to communicate again .................
Old 08-21-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got a used engine from someone once that was supposed to be ready to rip. It had no compression at all and the sleeve was stuck forever. Couldn't even waste my money rebuilding it.

Never another used engine for me.
Old 08-21-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sdtech58
Isn't it funny how all used engines have "1-2 gallons on it" or "only run for break-in". What average person goes through breaking in an engine to turn around and sell it???
err.... no one??? Or the sponsored guy who contractually has to run something different from what he bought... but these mills are sold at the track easily, way before they hit the classified section on rctech.

Sorry for your loss moto431...

I assume you've filed a paypal claim - see what happens.

Note that if eventually this has been paid via your credit card, you can also call your bank and see what kind of service they can offer. It happened to me once that I paid for $400 of gear found on this board, but never received it. Paypal claim was useless as money had been spent in the meantime (of course). But the bulk of the $400 actually were coming not from my balance... called the bank, signed an affidavit, they cancelled the transaction, and I let them deal with Paypal themselves... the burden was then on Paypal to get their cash back... I got (most of) my money back and the rest I didn't care.

(the funny story is, then the seller got back to me and all )

Good luck,

Paul
Old 08-21-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Do as Lonestar said.

Paypal, Banks and Credit Cards all have protection policies in places for many reasons. One of them being this kind of transaction.

Hopefully you used your CC on paypal as this is much easier to get your money back then the bank. Either way, start your claim asap.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

sorry for your loss man but used is used some times you win
some times you lose this is why I do not like to get things
off e-bay and a like it seams like for one good seller there
are ten guys that will rip you off in a hart beat and that's
not good racers ripping off racers WTF
Old 08-21-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Lesson learned. Keep in mind that a well worn engine to some folks is still golden if its running well, but maybe wasn't inspected very well before sale.

How much did you pay? The OS block and carb are worth something, and sleeves can often be tricky to get out.

Anyways the best way to cut costs with engines is to pick up a RB junior 9, or a Novarossi N21b to take the load off your big race mills. Picco is starting to catch my eye on a budget basis as well.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just sold an engine with a little over 2 gallons on it. Not everyone is a knucklehead !! Some people dont have morals.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I took a gamble a month ago on a use motor, and got luck. It really was only broken in. The guy selling it got a engine sponser thats why he said he had to sell it. But the other 90% of the time i avoid used engines. If some one dosent answer my questions, i move on and dont waste my time.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
it seams like for one good seller there
are ten guys that will rip you off in a hart beat
I would say the ratio is more like 1/100... and the other way round. Most people ARE honest.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.