Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
ABEC35/Joaquim (Ebay ID - joaquimassis) BEWARE!! >

ABEC35/Joaquim (Ebay ID - joaquimassis) BEWARE!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ABEC35/Joaquim (Ebay ID - joaquimassis) BEWARE!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)
Angry ABEC35/Joaquim (Ebay ID - joaquimassis) BEWARE!!

I have been buying ceramic bearings and balls from them for over 2 years and I have had my first failure but, they refuse to repair or replace my engine due to a manufacturing defect. They have agreed to replace the $30 bearing but I am out a $200+ engine!

To cut a long story short. I had a rear bearing go bad, one ball split in half and went through the engine! Well it totally destroyed the engine and they refuse to repair or replace it.

So beware! I will no longer be buying from them!

I was able to file the head flat again but if you look at the bearing in the rear of the engine the bottom ball is split in half.

The rest of the damage is self explanatory!

Last edited by Fred Perkins; 08-31-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Champion

More pics

Last edited by Fred Perkins; 08-31-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

do you have a link to one of their auctions?
Old 07-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

thanks for the heads up Fred, I was just thinking about ordering some ceramic balls for my diffs, guess I will just get some acers.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Here's a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/5x10-x4mm-Groove...3286.m20.l1116

Also known as "wawalastore"

Any time. There stuff has been great they just won't stand behind it. This is the first failure in 2 years.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I hate to say this because I know I will get blasted but,You kind of have to look at their side of things. How do they know you didn't damage the bearing when you installed it.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Throttle Happy
I hate to say this because I know I will get blasted but,You kind of have to look at their side of things. How do they know you didn't damage the bearing when you installed it.
No it's cool!
first I have been doing this for over 15 years.
second I have another engine that I built at the same time with the same bearings that is still running fine.
third do you know how hard it is to crack a ceramic bearing?
Fourth the bearing was installed in the crank case while the case was 350 deg so it slid right in no hammering or over pressing.
fifth I run all my engines on 10%+ 12% oil to be exact so it was lubricated just fine.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
No it's cool!
first I have been doing this for over 15 years.
second I have another engine that I built at the same time with the same bearings that is still running fine.
third do you know how hard it is to crack a ceramic bearing?
Fourth the bearing was installed in the crank case while the case was 350 deg so it slid right in no hammering or over pressing.
fifth I run all my engines on 10%+ 12% oil to be exact so it was lubricated just fine.
I too have been at it for several years and understand all that fully but I try to look at things from both sides and I know that was probably the first thought they had. It does suck to loose a good engine to a poor quality bearing though. I know I lost a few Traxxas engines back in the day to rear bearing failure. I've had pretty good luck out of TKO ceramics in my modded 3.3's and V-Specs. I don't know if they will cover an engine due to bearing failure though. I hope I never have to find out!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Ive used their stuff for years too but I use different bearings in my engine, I dont know of any company that will warranty an engine due to their bearing failing, I just take that as part of buying racing parts. I did check the walawala store and they offer no warranty what so ever up front. Sorry about your engine though.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

I understand where you guys are coming from but take this into consideration.

You take your car to a mechanic. He puts a new oil pump in your engine. The oil pump fails and waists your engine. Is the mechanic responsible for the engine? The answer is no unless he installed it wrong (which I think I have proven I did not). The company that manufactured or sold the pump is.

Now do you see my point?

I never said they offered a warentee. I just asked them if they would stand behind the quality of there product. Not only that but we are talking about a bearing that only lasted less than a gallon of fuel.

Look I really didn't want this to turn into a debate. I just wanted to warn people about a company that refuses to stand behind there products and it's damages.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

wow fred that sucks man.no chance of fixing the block?pics wont load for me for some reason.fill me in friday night.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

If I can get inside I might be able to file it down but there will still be a gouge.
Talk to you friday!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

I understand your pain Fred.

I had an OS XZ 28 that the exhaust side wrist pin clip decided to evacuate.

It ruined everything when the wrist pin slide out just enough to catch the exaust port.

Piston, pin, sleeve, rod, rear bearing and the crank has abnormal wear on it.

It had just a fuel bottle short of one gallon on it.

Did GP do anything to help with warranty??? Nope.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
I understand where you guys are coming from but take this into consideration.

You take your car to a mechanic. He puts a new oil pump in your engine. The oil pump fails and waists your engine. Is the mechanic responsible for the engine? The answer is no unless he installed it wrong (which I think I have proven I did not). The company that manufactured or sold the pump is.

Now do you see my point?

I never said they offered a warentee. I just asked them if they would stand behind the quality of there product. Not only that but we are talking about a bearing that only lasted less than a gallon of fuel.

Look I really didn't want this to turn into a debate. I just wanted to warn people about a company that refuses to stand behind there products and it's damages.
That's comparing apples to oranges. Regular car parts are designed to last on normal driving. I buy parts for my full size drag car(racing parts) and I have had failures. Most places will eat the cost of replacing the part but not a entire engine! There are to many variables. So I understand where they are coming from. But that's my .02 cents
Old 08-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Rookie

This is the second time in my online selling career that I could not fulfill a customer. Fred, I am sorry. I did not write it clear regarding warranty. Now I did after your case.

There were big struggles in my mind ever since our engine bearings were made, which was about breaking someone's engine. I paid full attention to them but still disaster happens.

We sold a few thousands of them in various sizes already and we have had received comments and we keep on making improvements. But breaking a ball within a ball bearing is still the first time. This is not easy and sure not your part.

What I could think of is that there are air bubbles or debris inside the ball, causing impurity. This responsibility goes to material supplier, which is another company besides ABEC35.com and the bearing factory. But there is no way to claim. You must understand this.

As we discussed previously, I can only send you another free replacement, this is the best I can do for my products.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.