SCREWED ON RCTECH BY INTUNE72

Old 07-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default SCREWED ON RCTECH BY INTUNE72

He advertised the 415 as 100% flawless and mint and he sent me pictures of the car with a new r9 body,but when the package finally arrived the r9 body was junk and the box had shock oil all over it because the rf arm,knuckle and shock were broke.He told me he would send some money to me for repairs but now will not accept my PM's or phone calls.Beware of this seller.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if you paid with paypal you can file an item not as described claim and get your money back
Old 07-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

You should post this info on any other threads he is selling stuff in. Make it worth it to him to resolve the problem rather than ignore it. T
Old 07-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topsp33d View Post
if you paid with paypal you can file an item not as described claim and get your money back
Sorry to say but it does'nt happen that easily,only when its an ebay transaction do you qualify for that. If the money isn't in his account your screwed.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

As long as you paid with a credit card your golden. I got screwed on a deal not too long ago and paypal didnt want to do anything about it. I went thru my CC company instead and got the money back in 2 weeks. Just make sure you always use a credit card even if using paypal.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by speedemall View Post
Sorry to say but it does'nt happen that easily,only when its an ebay transaction do you qualify for that. If the money isn't in his account your screwed.
Sorry to say but it is that easy, I have had to use this feature before. Not just on ebay either.
Old 07-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Suspended

just be happy you got it! and not a pile of bricks
Old 07-17-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I hate when this stuff happens it makes u second guess the people we deal with and 99.9% of us are honest people.But it only takes one a!!hole to ruin the bunch....
Old 07-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rustlerbasher09 View Post
just be happy you got it! and not a pile of bricks
Yes I know,I am out some money but It could have been worse.I currently have the car torn down to the bare chassis and I am starting to rebuild.So much for 100% flawless.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)

make sure you leave feedback so others are aware sorry to here that happened
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by 97sfeclipse View Post
As long as you paid with a credit card your golden. I got screwed on a deal not too long ago and paypal didnt want to do anything about it. I went thru my CC company instead and got the money back in 2 weeks. Just make sure you always use a credit card even if using paypal.

What he said....
Old 07-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topsp33d View Post
Sorry to say but it is that easy, I have had to use this feature before. Not just on ebay either.
It really is NOT. I am an e-merchant with many years experience with Paypal, both eBay sales and non-eBay sales. If you file a dispute (as a buyer), Paypal will put a hold on the funds in the sellers account only if the funds are available. If there account balance is at zero, Paypal will not have any funds to hold. Therfore you are out your money. This even holds tru to "Verified Sellers"

If the seller, has a business account as I do, Paypal CAN cancel any recent money withdrawls the seller has made (as long as that transaction has not cleared the bank). This can free up the money to place a hold on during the dispute process. I am guessing the guy that screwed you doesn't have a business account.

I had this happen, when a customer claimed their CC was stolen and used to purchase from my store.

Paypal, and their "protection" is quite misunderstood, and IMO mis-represented. I have been screwed by paypal, many more times than they have protected me.

I use PP as a credit card processer as well. I had a customer use their CC on my website, they provided all of the matching billing information on the card as well as the matching CVC (code on the back). The customer received their $150 sunglasses, then filed a dispute with their CC company stating they card was stolen. I even have a UPS delivery conformation with a matching signature! Paypal, still allowed the CC company to reclaim the funds from my account. (This is because I maintain a balance at all times).

I have many more similar stories. So you ask, Why do I continue to use PP? Because I would loose sales if I didn't offer PP on my site as most buyes think Paypal is Great. So unfortunatly for me I consider it my "Paypal Tax".

PAYPAL IS EVIL
Old 07-18-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by active_sport View Post
It really is NOT. I am an e-merchant with many years experience with Paypal, both eBay sales and non-eBay sales. If you file a dispute (as a buyer), Paypal will put a hold on the funds in the sellers account only if the funds are available. If there account balance is at zero, Paypal will not have any funds to hold. Therfore you are out your money. This even holds tru to "Verified Sellers"

If the seller, has a business account as I do, Paypal CAN cancel any recent money withdrawls the seller has made (as long as that transaction has not cleared the bank). This can free up the money to place a hold on during the dispute process. I am guessing the guy that screwed you doesn't have a business account.

I had this happen, when a customer claimed their CC was stolen and used to purchase from my store.

Paypal, and their "protection" is quite misunderstood, and IMO mis-represented. I have been screwed by paypal, many more times than they have protected me.

I use PP as a credit card processer as well. I had a customer use their CC on my website, they provided all of the matching billing information on the card as well as the matching CVC (code on the back). The customer received their $150 sunglasses, then filed a dispute with their CC company stating they card was stolen. I even have a UPS delivery conformation with a matching signature! Paypal, still allowed the CC company to reclaim the funds from my account. (This is because I maintain a balance at all times).

I have many more similar stories. So you ask, Why do I continue to use PP? Because I would loose sales if I didn't offer PP on my site as most buyes think Paypal is Great. So unfortunatly for me I consider it my "Paypal Tax".

PAYPAL IS EVIL
Paypal protects the buyer, period. I got sent to collections because I sold a motor to a dumb kid, he burnt it and his ESC, and filled a claim saying that I sold him a bum motor. Look at my feedback, I dont sell junk. So I responded to all the claims on his disput and even though my account was 0 I am now in collections for it. How? Hell if I know
Old 07-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by active_sport View Post

So unfortunatly for me I consider it my "Paypal Tax".

PAYPAL IS EVIL

LOL.........may be your right...
Old 07-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

sorry to hear that....i hate a liar person....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.