Wiki Posts
Search

Tbstr3 is unrealistic and impatient

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Tbstr3 is unrealistic and impatient

He posted a thread wanting a 3s battery for his slash, I gave him pictures and specifications of the battery I had. We agreed on a deal, he said he would send me paypal the next morning. Next morning (Monday) arrives and no payment. I wait til after work and still no payment. I'm not too worried since I haven't shipped. I send him a message Tuesday before I leave for work asking if he was still interested. I guess he sent the payment while I was at work cause I didn't see that I had gotten a payment until I got home that night at midnight. There was an additional message saying that if i didn't reply soon he was going to have paypal refund his money. This was in the course of about 18 hours, he didn't even wait a full day for any sort of reply from me.

I sent him a message Wednesday morning stating that I was out all day Tuesday and I didn't get home til late and I would ship the battery after work Wednesday. I ship the battery at a local storage facility (Uncle Bob's) via UPS ground around 4pm and come home with a tracking number for him sent via pm at 4:48 pm. he sends me a message about 2 hours later saying that it's not showing up on UPS's website. I try to explain that it takes time for the tracking numbers to register, especially when you don't deal directly with UPS. He says that it's not valid, so I check for myself, the number is valid, it is just saying that shipping info hasn't been received. He doesn't seem to understand the difference between an invalid tracking number and one where shipping information has not been fully processed. I offer to send him a picture through text message of the receipt and the tracking number to ease his mind. I take two pictures and send them to him, and he verifies that he has received them and also asks me if I have any more things to sell. This puts his mind at ease for about 3 hours and I receive a text message saying that its not a real UPS receipt because it comes from uncle bob's and that there's no way it cost that much to send the battery.

So the next morning I check my email and the paypal payment has been withdrawn from my account?!?! And a dispute has been filed. I call him that morning immediately and leave a message, of course no one picks up and he never calls back or replies, he just send me an email saying that the tracking number still isn't valid and he will release his hold when the tracking number is valid. I shipped the package at 4pm and he put a hold on the funds at 10pm the same day! talk about impatience..

Well a few hours later the tracking number shows up valid and he does in fact release the hold on the payment, with no apologies or anything. So just so everyone knows this guy will put a hold on funds and cause some real grief for you. I would never do business with this child again especially if he acted like that over 40 bucks. I know to some people 40 is a lot, and it is to me, but I would have at least had the courtesy to admit i was wrong and apologize, and I would have given 24 hours for the tracking number to process before I started making accusations and putting funds on hold.

Sorry for the long post. This guy royally pissed me off though.
Old 07-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have had a similar experience with a buyer, except I shipped it and it took over 2 weeks (16 days!) for USPS to get it to him. He did start getting very impatient, and I can see why, as 16 days is an unusually long time for something, but once it was delivered everything was fine.

Thanks for letting us know about him, sometimes people just don't understand that others have to work, and that waiting an extra day isn't that bad.

The anger and childish-ness people have over a $40 item amazes me....
Old 07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks for posting that soo everyone knows. I was just about to sell the guy a few things.

I'd rather keep them, than sell them to him and waste my time. TIME IS MONEY!

Sounds like very childish games to me!
Old 07-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Very impatient. I understand that when I purchase an item, the seller needs time to package an item up and get it shipped.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe you could call UPS and have them intercept the package..if he tried to rip you off with a paypal claim....
Old 07-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one perterbed by this kind of behavior.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:55 PM
Suspended

Some people can not have a item shipped within 2 hours of payment recieved.

People work, have kids , are at work using computer. etc... etc...

at LEAST wait 2-4 business days before freaking out!!

HATE IMPATIENT PEOPLE
Old 07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

i sell on ebay, i come across people like this all the time. now ebay has a handling time inplace you select the amount of time it will take to ship the item you sold. it has from 1 day to 7 days i believe. i always select 24 hour time frame once the item payment received its shipped off. i box my item/items up before the auction ends. but i do not seal the box until i have the payment in paypal.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

don't you have to wait a week to file a paypal claim anyway?
Old 07-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

If ppl are so impatient...go to a real store and pay extra $$...
Old 07-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

hi im a new guy here but i have got to say that i have brought and sold hundreds of things on ebay and got a good feel of shipping times. on this board i only have gotten about 5 things and for the most part 4 of the 5 have taken 5 to 8 days not including shipping. i have one that going on 12 days and has not been shipped yet. now the dude the op was talking about is mad impatient but there is another side cause some guys are talking like its ok to take their time to ship things or not a least email and update guys buying your stuff. you can get some of the best deals here but people don't know what your life is like. tell people upfront hey i got things to do so shipping will take this long. i found on ebay that i could get caught up in stuff and not ship fast if i just told the buyer what was going on.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

usualy after i sell something i want to race it at least once before i ship it...just to get it good and dirty, and or broke....

ha ha

joke
Old 07-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi
usualy after i sell something i want to race it at least once before i ship it...just to get it good and dirty, and or broke....

ha ha

joke
you joke but i have had people i met at the track tell me that.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mr. losi

ha ha

joke
Some people actually do that!

Take pictures when its nice and clean, then go bash the crap out of it.

Had 1 person do that to me
Old 07-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cheebs
hi im a new guy here but i have got to say that i have brought and sold hundreds of things on ebay and got a good feel of shipping times. on this board i only have gotten about 5 things and for the most part 4 of the 5 have taken 5 to 8 days not including shipping. i have one that going on 12 days and has not been shipped yet. now the dude the op was talking about is mad impatient but there is another side cause some guys are talking like its ok to take their time to ship things or not a least email and update guys buying your stuff. you can get some of the best deals here but people don't know what your life is like. tell people upfront hey i got things to do so shipping will take this long. i found on ebay that i could get caught up in stuff and not ship fast if i just told the buyer what was going on.
I agree, and I try to do that in any transactions that I make. I told the guy that I was out all day, which I was an hour away from my house all day at a track practicing, and that I would ship it the next day, which I did. I try to be as clear as possible and as prompt as possible with my payments and my shipping. I feel that the golden rule is best applied in this situation. I wouldn't want someone sitting on my cash while they dawdle around with the item I had just paid for, so I wouldn't do that myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.