Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
got misled by seller kvnjnsn, what you think >

got misled by seller kvnjnsn, what you think

got misled by seller kvnjnsn, what you think

Old 06-26-2009, 11:55 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (48)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 784
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default got misled by seller kvnjnsn, what you think

I bought this kit which was a great deal,

losi 8ight
novarassi p5 engine
m11 radio
losi starter box

paid a good price, but I paid for what was listed on his post

I went to his house and being an electric guy did not think anything would be wrong.

the ad said it came with a novarassi p5 engine.

after showing my friends the car, they informed me its not its a jp fx .21 which might be good but its not a novarassi p5 which was advertised.


I immediately called him and we both understood the situation and he did not really know the difference either, I told him novarassi is a well know brand and jp might be good but I am not familiar with it. I told him maybe he could send me $20 difference since the engine was not what was described. he pretty much told me Its my fault for not knowing the difference and I looked at it at his house.

So do you think I am being unreasonable in asking for $20 back to make me feel better?

here is his post

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ml#post5991137

clearly states its a novarassi p5, engine is one shown in pic which is a jp engine.

Just asked for $20 back to make me fell better in getting a different engine which was not advertised, Jp engine might be good, but I thought I was getting a Novarassi, which might have made a difference or not in the purchase and now it seems like I was misled. anyone have any experience with jp engines?

Just feels like I bought a novak and brought a tekin home, but boy did I want the novak.

yes I did put the radio and starter up for sale since I don't need it. Is that wrong?

Last edited by joyride153; 06-27-2009 at 12:45 AM.
joyride153 is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 12:15 PM
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 8
Default

Edited because I can't read. xD Hope it all works out.

Last edited by ronestar; 06-27-2009 at 09:23 PM.
ronestar is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 PM
  #3  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
kvnjnsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default joyride153 is a liar and uses ignorance to try to swindle people

I guess since joyride153 posted, I must submit my rebuttal.

As he admits, I never mislead this seller. I gave him the opportunity to inspect the car and even GAVE him additonal items.

He now claims (after two days) that he was sold something he didn't get.
1) The For Sale ad had pictures
2) He visually inspected the car when he arrived IN PERSON.

How could I POSSIBLY mislead him?

He got a car worth twice what he paid for it. I have receipts for over $120 in new parts (radio tray, receiver pack, rebuilt diffs/shocks, MUCH more)

Furthermore, how dare him use IGNORANCE as a defense? If you are into buying something you don't take the time to know what you are buying, who's fault is that?

In conclusion, I did refuse to give him $20 back. Why give him money back when I didn't do anything wrong?

Better yet, bring me that motor back and I will give you another motor; a Novarossi that works perfect but isn't worth as much as the engine you got.
kvnjnsn is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 01:07 PM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 931
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

If you sell someone a P5 and give them a JP you are in the wrong. Simple as that. He has every right to complain since you didn't sell him what you stated.
Hide is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 01:23 PM
  #5  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
rcheadcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,799
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kvnjnsn View Post
I guess since joyride153 posted, I must submit my rebuttal.

As he admits, I never mislead this seller. I gave him the opportunity to inspect the car and even GAVE him additonal items.

He now claims (after two days) that he was sold something he didn't get.
1) The For Sale ad had pictures
2) He visually inspected the car when he arrived IN PERSON.

How could I POSSIBLY mislead him?

He got a car worth twice what he paid for it. I have receipts for over $120 in new parts (radio tray, receiver pack, rebuilt diffs/shocks, MUCH more)

Furthermore, how dare him use IGNORANCE as a defense? If you are into buying something you don't take the time to know what you are buying, who's fault is that?
In conclusion, I did refuse to give him $20 back. Why give him money back when I didn't do anything wrong?

Better yet, bring me that motor back and I will give you another motor; a Novarossi that works perfect but isn't worth as much as the engine you got.
that works both ways. u don't even know what engine ur selling.so buyer beware with u.
rcheadcrazy is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 01:24 PM
  #6  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
kvnjnsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

This isn't the peoples court here but here yoy go....

Originally Posted by Hide View Post
If you sell someone a P5 and give them a JP you are in the wrong. Simple as that. He has every right to complain since you didn't sell him what you stated.
Originally Posted by kvnjnsn View Post

Better yet, bring me that motor back and I will give you another motor; a Novarossi that works perfect but isn't worth as much as the engine you got.
While I am at it, I will sell him some Cherrios and tell him that they are doughnut seeds. What's the harm? He won't know the difference since he is a Corn Flake guy
kvnjnsn is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 01:51 PM
  #7  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (48)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 784
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default .

Originally Posted by rcheadcrazy View Post
that works both ways. u don't even know what engine ur selling.so buyer beware with u.
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
If you sell someone a P5 and give them a JP you are in the wrong. Simple as that. He has every right to complain since you didn't sell him what you stated.

I am through being angry just wanted to let people know what happened, maybe it was my fault that I don't know anything about engines, thinking this is a family sport and people don't try and mislead people on items stated on ads. example: If you say its a T4 why should I be scared I will be getting a rustler when I get home? Both good products but not a t4.

I did not know where to look to see what brand was on the engine, until my buddy who is into nitro and has a Novarassi P5 told me its not.

I only asked for $20 not a big deal to anyone but enough to make me feel better, I should have asked for more just to be unreasonable.

So one last thought," if someone had bought this and it was shipped to them, would you be a little upset with what happened on the engines and the sellers response?"

anyways I am threw with this, I got other things to do in life.
joyride153 is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 08:06 PM
  #8  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
kvnjnsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

[QUOTE=rcheadcrazy;5992811]that works both ways. u don't even know what engine ur selling.so buyer beware with u.[/QUOTE]

Get it right, it was a Novarossi Engine....

No need to worry, I don't want to sell you anything anyway. I can't stand people that give their two cents without knowing what they are talking about.
kvnjnsn is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 08:10 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (34)
 
rcheadcrazy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,799
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

so how does a jp turn into a p5? don't worry i wouldn't even ask to buy from u.
rcheadcrazy is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 02:05 AM
  #10  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (36)
 
Radron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: YUMA, AZ.
Posts: 841
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default


Last edited by Radron; 06-28-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Radron is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 08:34 AM
  #11  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
iTrader: (48)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 784
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=kvnjnsn;5993654]
Originally Posted by rcheadcrazy View Post
that works both ways. u don't even know what engine ur selling.so buyer beware with u.[/QUOTE]

Get it right, it was a Novarossi Engine....

No need to worry, I don't want to sell you anything anyway. I can't stand people that give their two cents without knowing what they are talking about.
now am I right with this quote saying it was a novarossi engine?

nothing changed I still have a jp engine. he does not even know what he is saying anymore
joyride153 is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 08:38 AM
  #12  
Moderator
iTrader: (153)
 
WYLDTHING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Justa passin through.......
Posts: 4,656
Trader Rating: 153 (99%+)
Default

RCTech forums, or any internet for sale forums, rely on character and integrity of the the sellers to make it work correctly. It's obvious to me that this kvn person doesn't have much (if any) of these qualities.

If a person goes to a used car dealership and buys a toyota that is listed as having a toyota engine, he buys it, then finds out later that it has a mazda engine in it....he has a right to be upset, and legally would have a case that he would win. Just because joy didn't know the difference between the two engines when he bought it, DOESN'T release the seller from giving false info about the car!

So ya, kvn...you DID mislead him, and he has every right to be upset! It has nothing to do with HIS ignorance...it has to do with YOUR ignorance in not even being smart enough to know and admit when you rip someone off.

VERY sad.....


Congrats kvn.....you made my long list of people I won't deal with with on here.

Make it right and give him the twenty bucks he asked for. It doesn't matter how 'good' of a deal you think he got...he didn't get what he was supposed to in the deal.


Good luck to you both.

Oh, and that's my two cents....and I DO know what I am talking about.


Brad
WYLDTHING is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 09:49 AM
  #13  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (23)
 
kvnjnsn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 318
Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING View Post
RCTech forums, or any internet for sale forums, rely on character and integrity of the the sellers to make it work correctly. It's obvious to me that this kvn person doesn't have much (if any) of these qualities.

If a person goes to a used car dealership and buys a toyota that is listed as having a toyota engine, he buys it, then finds out later that it has a mazda engine in it....he has a right to be upset, and legally would have a case that he would win. Just because joy didn't know the difference between the two engines when he bought it, DOESN'T release the seller from giving false info about the car!

So ya, kvn...you DID mislead him, and he has every right to be upset! It has nothing to do with HIS ignorance...it has to do with YOUR ignorance in not even being smart enough to know and admit when you rip someone off.

VERY sad.....


Congrats kvn.....you made my long list of people I won't deal with with on here.

Make it right and give him the twenty bucks he asked for. It doesn't matter how 'good' of a deal you think he got...he didn't get what he was supposed to in the deal.


Good luck to you both.

Oh, and that's my two cents....and I DO know what I am talking about.


Brad
YOU DON'T know what you are talking about;

and you made the long list of TOOLS that I could'nt care less about what you think.

The reality is, there is two sides to every story and because I didn't cave to his ridiculous request, I am automatically assumed to be wrong.

As for my integrity; you don't even know me. Although it isn't as high as some peoples on this forum, I have positive feedback on this forum, and a feedback score of over 200 on ebay.

If you want to look at this objectively, we can talk but if all you want to do is pass judgement without looking at it from my vantage point; keep it to yourself.

He is lying. When he called me, he said "You sold me an EVO engine; not a Novarossi. Can I return the whole lot?" I declined simply because I KNOW what I sold him. Period. And at a damn good deal at that (which he also stated).

And WYLDTHING, refrain from insulting my intelligence as I am no idiot. Not only am I college educated, I am smart enough not to let some internet commado sit around and make insulting comments about me. Again, that is ignorance at its highest.
It looks like this isn't your first rodeo interjecting your unsolicited opinion.

If you'd like to talk, your pal joyride has my address.

Last edited by kvnjnsn; 06-28-2009 at 10:00 AM.
kvnjnsn is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 12:18 PM
  #14  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London
Posts: 931
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

You are a complete idiot. How can you say the buyer is in the wrong. You sold him something different from what was advertised. Who cares if its worth more, he wanted that engine and its not what he got.
Hide is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 02:33 PM
  #15  
Moderator
iTrader: (153)
 
WYLDTHING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Justa passin through.......
Posts: 4,656
Trader Rating: 153 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kvnjnsn View Post
YOU DON'T know what you are talking about;

and you made the long list of TOOLS that I could'nt care less about what you think.

The reality is, there is two sides to every story and because I didn't cave to his ridiculous request, I am automatically assumed to be wrong.

As for my integrity; you don't even know me. Although it isn't as high as some peoples on this forum, I have positive feedback on this forum, and a feedback score of over 200 on ebay.

If you want to look at this objectively, we can talk but if all you want to do is pass judgement without looking at it from my vantage point; keep it to yourself.

He is lying. When he called me, he said "You sold me an EVO engine; not a Novarossi. Can I return the whole lot?" I declined simply because I KNOW what I sold him. Period. And at a damn good deal at that (which he also stated).

And WYLDTHING, refrain from insulting my intelligence as I am no idiot. Not only am I college educated, I am smart enough not to let some internet commado sit around and make insulting comments about me. Again, that is ignorance at its highest.
It looks like this isn't your first rodeo interjecting your unsolicited opinion.

If you'd like to talk, your pal joyride has my address.
I'm willing to look at this objectively. What other objective information do you have that you haven't already presented? Because if you don't have anymore info, then it's not too hard for me, or anyone else on here, to come to a conclusion about who got bad deal between you two.

College educated here too....Does that mean that I am smarter than everyone on here that doesn't have a college education?....No. So you know what that means for you, too, right?

You're right...I don't know you, and I don't know joy, either. But when the evidence is presented here, we don't HAVE to know either one of you to see who got the shaft here. If you had sold it to someone and shipped it to them, when they seen the wrong engine in there, you would've been in the same boat as you are now.....which is an unhappy buyer wanting something done about it.

How is he lying??? He didn't get the engine you said was going to get, and you admit to that....so how is he lying? AND, why is he wrong to ask for retribution for the mistake you made? When he was looking at the stuff...if you had said-------hey, by the way, that is a different engine in it than what I had previously said, and he still bought it, then it's all on him. But since you didn't clarify that it was different, then even if you didn't know yourself, it's still on you to make right now.

Also....How am I an 'internet commando'? Cuz I called a spade, a spade? I guess if that makes me a 'commando', then so be it. But it would appear that YOU are in fact the 'commando', not me. Offering to 'talk' to me if I want to come and see YOU.....lol. Forget that.....if it's that important for you to be the 'threatening internet commando', then haul your butt over here to see me. By all means, come on over and teach me a lesson.

I think most would agree that 20 bucks spent to make a sour deal right sure is a paltry amount to sell out your reputation for.

But check my feedback on here, and ebay (j.c._rc),...it's obvious that I have NO clue what I am talking about when it comes to reputation.

If you have more evidence, then please share it with us so we can read it before we 'pass judgement'.

Brad
WYLDTHING is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.