Bad trader or not, want your opinion

Old 06-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Bad trader or not, want your opinion

Hi Everyone,

I want your opinion whether you think I dealt with a bad trader or whether you think I am being too particular.

I bought an Xray T2008 Sedan that was listed as a roller that had been run on asphalt and had some scratches on the bottom of the chasis. That was the only damage that had been described at any point of the deal. When it shows up it takes me all of 2 minutes to notice there are 2 bent CVD's, one is really bad IMO. I confronted seller and he admitted knowing of 1 that was bent but didn't feel he did anything wrong by not disclosing it. My point to him was that 2 replacement CVD's cost me $50 and I felt since they were expensive parts he should have disclosed them. I asked him to pay for 1 of them since he admitted he knew it was damaged and he refused. Instead he claimed I should send the car back and the new CVD's and he would give me the money back for all of it. I felt this was a little suspicious and I was going to be caught holding the bag. Even if he did pay up, I am still out the shipping costs which I feel isn't right either. He claims he thinks he is in the right, and I obviously disagree with him. What are your thoughts, bad trader or am I being too particular?? Appreciate your comments.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I think you are right. He needs to man up and pay for his lies. Wouldnt be much more for him to make it right rather than pay shipping again anyway. Plus the headache of sending it all back and risk of him not paying. I have been screwed on deals a couple of times and am currently working to fix one so I feel your pain. Let us know how it turns out. T
Old 06-21-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 97sfeclipse View Post
I think you are right. He needs to man up and pay for his lies. Wouldnt be much more for him to make it right rather than pay shipping again anyway. Plus the headache of sending it all back and risk of him not paying. I have been screwed on deals a couple of times and am currently working to fix one so I feel your pain. Let us know how it turns out. T
Times 2
Old 06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

He should have disclosed the damage. I recently sold a rc8 with .21 motor . I bought the motor from someone else who said there was a little over 1/2 gallon through the motor. I told the guy who bought it from me that it had 1/2 gallons through it. When he got it, he told me motor was pretty worn so I told him I would help him get it fixed because I didn't disclose how it actually was. People need to stand behind thier stuff
Old 06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by currentking View Post
He should have disclosed the damage. I recently sold a rc8 with .21 motor . I bought the motor from someone else who said there was a little over 1/2 gallon through the motor. I told the guy who bought it from me that it had 1/2 gallons through it. When he got it, he told me motor was pretty worn so I told him I would help him get it fixed because I didn't disclose how it actually was. People need to stand behind thier stuff

Thanks. My feelings exactly. He feels that since he is selling it to me for less than he bought it from someone else on here, that I am getting a good deal so I should suck it up. I feel like you do, that the right thing to do is for him to be responsible for what he sold and make it right. I too have had something I sold that I thought was perfect get to the buyer and he said it wasn't. I sent him money for a new ESC to make it right to the tune of $200. Needless to say, he was very happy and I was out a lot of money, but it was worth it to keep my integrity.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

This is one of those live and learn experiences... They suck! I've purchased many items, and traded a few and have gotten bent chassis', tweaked/warped setup boards, marred up receiver case, and a motor that didn't last very long (probably my fault). Most of the experiences should have been documented, complaints filed, but instead I've been biting my tongue because of small details I've overlooked.

But next time I purchase anything used, I'm making a list of several questions to ask and using it for a reference for the future. It's bad enough that used equipment doesn't bring much as far as return on investment, but buying junk unknowingly is a waste of money. For the most part, I always try to buy new in box, or slightly used.

If I were you, I'd leave negative feedback for the seller and chock it up to a lesson learned.... But that's just me.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Addict

Default our pm log

The seller doesn't think I am representing the story truthfully. Here is our PM log, please let me know if I have misrepresented the story.

Originally Posted by S I O
again am sorry for how you feel about the transaction. my proposal is still open
just let me know

and yes i might have forget to mention about the cvds. but your still getting a great deal. imagine how much i paid for it without having to use it?

am not passing the buck here. got the kit for 275.
but its not about that.

again my offer is still open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspurlock
Look, I thought about it and I am not going to send your car back. It doesn't make sense for me to do it. I am risking sending the car back and only getting 1/2 the money back, but I do realize you are risking sending me 1/2 the money and me not sending the car also. I will be the one that is left with the risk last though, and I also am going to be out the shipping money which I don't think is right either. The bottom line is that you knew at least one of the CVD's were bent and you should have disclosed it to me because it is an expensive part. You chose not to tell me and that was dishonest. If you want to send me $25 for that CVD, I will call it good, if not than you can just go to sleep knowing that you did a dishonest deal and I will be more careful next time I trade on here.

Quote:
need your paypal addy

Quote:
Your feedback is good, that is why I bought this from you, but your actions speak louder than your feedback. I only asked you to pay for 1/2 the costs of the cvd's, which is more than fair. As for the battery bar, anyone would expect that came as part of the roller. You are asking a lot of me to send all of this back and then trust you to send me my money when you are the one that has deceived me. If you think this is a fair way to resolve this, then send me my money and then I will send you the car. I am sure you don't want to do this.
Or how about we post our conversation and let our RC Tech peers decide who is right? If they side with you I will be satisfied, if they side with me, you pay for my Cvd's and send me a battery bar and posts? I bet you don't want to do that either.

Quote:
look am not and never a scammer.
my feedback speaks for itself.
have done enough transaction here.
the only thing am against about your proposal. is that am paying for something i haven't use. might as well have the kit back. will use it when i get there in LA.

also, i didn't say or even posted that the battery brace is included.

Quote:
I also just realized that there is no battery bar or posts? Do you still have it?

Quote:
why don't you send the cvds that you ordered and will pay for it together with your refund.
does that sound fair?

Quote:
I probably would take you up on that except I already ordered the 2 cvd's so I am vested in this car now. It would be nice if you were willing to split them or something with me as an act of good faith if you truely want to make it right. I can send you copy of order so you know I am not bs'ing about the cvd's I had to order. Sometimes things you sell in this hobby don't always go as you planned. I once sold a 1/8 scale electric buggy to someone and when he got it he couldn't get the speed control to work. It worked when it left but not when he got it. I bought him a new speed control to make the transaction right even though it cost me almost as much as I sold him the car for. My integrity was worth more than the profit on the car, that is why I did it. When I do things like this, it is very disappointing to get items that are damaged when they damage wasn't disclosed prior to the sale. That is where I am coming from on this, hope you can see my point.

Quote:
i'm not in this hobby to deceive any one.
just trying to unload some stuffs that i am not using.
if your not satisfied with the stuff. you can certainly send it back.
no questions ask.

will refund your money when i received the items

Quote:
I realized this was used but if you knew the cvd was bent you should have let me know. There is a difference between a used car and one that has damaged parts that need replacing. That is not very cool to withhold info like that. Cvd's are not cheap and you don't have to run the car to know there are bent cvd's. I found both of them (one front and one rear) in the first 2 minutes I was looking at the car. Now I am in the car another $50 bucks for two cvd's before I can even run it. I am not feeling good about this, feel like you took advantage of me and I am a little pissed over it.flaming:

Quote:
i know of one that is slightly bent. the one on the rear. like what i posted. haven't run the kit and got it 2nd hand.
which one is really bad?

Quote:
I got the car today. came undamaged but 2 of the cvd's are bent, one is really bad?????
Old 06-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Anyone that has ever traded or sold something to someone else has been in both possitions. The that fills that got a good deal and the other that fills like they have been taken. The bottom being scratched up should have thrown a flag up. To even mention something of that nature means there has been a lil bit of some abuse there. And also on the other hand he should have mention about the bent parts also if he was going to be as open with the scratching or any damage of any nature to the car. This sounds like a nutral situation where the best would be to cut ties on both ends and neither leave feedback and think of the positive to both sides of the situation and not deal with each other again.
Old 06-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just my.02 cents. He shoulda told you of the bent cvds, but at the same time would you have bought the car for $50 more if it had been advertised as including the 2 new ones?
Old 06-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dave Nelson View Post
Just my.02 cents. He shoulda told you of the bent cvds, but at the same time would you have bought the car for $50 more if it had been advertised as including the 2 new ones?
I appreciate your post so I wanted to respond to it.
I probably would not have bought it because I have seen other cars for the $270 range that came with spares and this car had none. I thought I was getting a roller with some wear(i.e. the scratches on the bottom told me there would be some wear). I felt like it was a good deal but I also knew I was getting a car that was going to have some wear. The car did have some wear and I didn't mind, but where I drew the line was when I couldn't run the car without replacing the CVD's. It is one thing to have to replace a cheap part but a cvd crosses the line in my book. Bottom line, I wouldn't have done that to someone else so I expect the same out of this guy. My mistake for thinking he would have done the right thing if I let him know they were bent. Thanks everyone for all your posts, good constructive feedback and all of you had good points.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

You are in the right. On a slightly used roller I would expect the seller to disclose any major/expensive damage.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
You are in the right. On a slightly used roller I would expect the seller to disclose any major/expensive damage.
Thanks. No doubt in my mind you have 37 positive transactions because you take care of your deals that go wrong.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cspurlock View Post
Thanks. No doubt in my mind you have 37 positive transactions because you take care of your deals that go wrong.
I treat people the way I would like to be treated.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Cspurlock,

I'm with you on this one too. Having bent CVD'S tells me the roller is more than "slightly used"

It takes quite a bit to bend CVD's
Old 06-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

Did everybody miss this in the middle of the "back and forth" cspurlock posted:

Quote:

why don't you send the cvds that you ordered and will pay for it together with your refund.

does that sound fair?
S I O has been MORE than fair in his offer. It sounds (to me) like he has offered to buy back the car AND buy the CVD's cspurlock had ordered for it. What more can the man do? At that point it addressed both issues cspurlock had made...that he didn't feel the car was the value he'd thought it to be, then that he'd already ordered the CVD's.

THEN after S I O made this offer cspurlock decides that it's too risky to send the car back, that he might get stiffed on the deal. My own opinion is that you want your bread buttered on both sides. Should S I O have disclosed that the CVD's were bent, yeah...he should. But stuff happens to everybody. His trader feedback rep says (again, to me) that he should be given the benefit of the doubt. In this case he's offered to buy the car back plus the replacement parts cspurlock ordered. I guess I think he's made a good faith effort to resolve the problem.

fwiw,

Scottrik

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.