Mbx521 SCAMMER ALERT!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Mbx521 SCAMMER ALERT!!!

Scammed me out of a MBX5 prospec I was trading for his slash with brushless and lipo. Sent my package and recieved nothing in return. Don't let him do the same to you...
Old 05-25-2009, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 97 (99%+)

that sucks
Old 05-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That really sucks guy. I havent been scammed yet, but I think if I was I would take a little road trip. The cost of the roadtrip would probably outweigh the cost of the RC stuff, but its the point. Has anyone done this and confronted a person that scammed them? Just curious...
Old 05-25-2009, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I agree, I'd be doing something about it. It's time he learns a lesson and grows up.
Old 05-25-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Momo5 View Post
That really sucks guy. I havent been scammed yet, but I think if I was I would take a little road trip. The cost of the roadtrip would probably outweigh the cost of the RC stuff, but its the point. Has anyone done this and confronted a person that scammed them? Just curious...
A confrontation like that just happened opening day at my local track.A friend of mine got ripped off nearly 3 years ago after buying a Revo on the Traxxas forum.Turns out,the scammer shows up at our track a few weeks ago.He lives in the next state over from us and my friend happened to remember the guy's name over the past few years.Before the day was done,there was a confrontation on the matter.The guy admitted to scamming and gave a sob story.But when it was all said and done,my buddy left that night with all the money he was owed plus about 3 years worth of interest.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
A confrontation like that just happened opening day at my local track.A friend of mine got ripped off nearly 3 years ago after buying a Revo on the Traxxas forum.Turns out,the scammer shows up at our track a few weeks ago.He lives in the next state over from us and my friend happened to remember the guy's name over the past few years.Before the day was done,there was a confrontation on the matter.The guy admitted to scamming and gave a sob story.But when it was all said and done,my buddy left that night with all the money he was owed plus about 3 years worth of interest.

Thats totally sweet, this hobby is a small world.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dkboyny11 View Post
Scammed me out of a MBX5 prospec I was trading for his slash with brushless and lipo. Sent my package and recieved nothing in return. Don't let him do the same to you...
Well the mistake you made is pretty obvious,seeing as he has 0 feedback and you have 4+ you would have had seniority over the deal so he should have shipped to you first.