R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum-18/)
-   -   Mbx521 SCAMMER ALERT!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/buyer-seller-dispute-discussion-forum/299786-mbx521-scammer-alert.html)

dkboyny11 05-25-2009 03:12 PM

Mbx521 SCAMMER ALERT!!!

Scammed me out of a MBX5 prospec I was trading for his slash with brushless and lipo. Sent my package and recieved nothing in return. Don't let him do the same to you...:mad::mad::flaming:

hardhead 05-25-2009 03:47 PM

:eek: that sucks :eek:

Momo5 05-25-2009 04:02 PM

That really sucks guy. I havent been scammed yet, but I think if I was I would take a little road trip. The cost of the roadtrip would probably outweigh the cost of the RC stuff, but its the point. Has anyone done this and confronted a person that scammed them? Just curious...

WEAVER 05-25-2009 05:00 PM

I agree, I'd be doing something about it. It's time he learns a lesson and grows up.

harry697 05-25-2009 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Momo5 (Post 5856864)
That really sucks guy. I havent been scammed yet, but I think if I was I would take a little road trip. The cost of the roadtrip would probably outweigh the cost of the RC stuff, but its the point. Has anyone done this and confronted a person that scammed them? Just curious...

A confrontation like that just happened opening day at my local track.A friend of mine got ripped off nearly 3 years ago after buying a Revo on the Traxxas forum.Turns out,the scammer shows up at our track a few weeks ago.He lives in the next state over from us and my friend happened to remember the guy's name over the past few years.Before the day was done,there was a confrontation on the matter.The guy admitted to scamming and gave a sob story.But when it was all said and done,my buddy left that night with all the money he was owed plus about 3 years worth of interest.:nod:

Jason Pelletier 05-26-2009 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by harry697 (Post 5857407)
A confrontation like that just happened opening day at my local track.A friend of mine got ripped off nearly 3 years ago after buying a Revo on the Traxxas forum.Turns out,the scammer shows up at our track a few weeks ago.He lives in the next state over from us and my friend happened to remember the guy's name over the past few years.Before the day was done,there was a confrontation on the matter.The guy admitted to scamming and gave a sob story.But when it was all said and done,my buddy left that night with all the money he was owed plus about 3 years worth of interest.:nod:

Thats totally sweet, this hobby is a small world.

speedemall 05-26-2009 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by dkboyny11 (Post 5856710)
Scammed me out of a MBX5 prospec I was trading for his slash with brushless and lipo. Sent my package and recieved nothing in return. Don't let him do the same to you...:mad::mad::flaming:

Well the mistake you made is pretty obvious,seeing as he has 0 feedback and you have 4+ you would have had seniority over the deal so he should have shipped to you first.