SuperBANG... Not As Described!

Old 05-24-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs down SuperBANG... Not As Described!

i purchased a savage roller from superbang on 4/23/09 for $175, he explicitly said all it needs is a motor, header, motor screws. the truck arrives in a box with no packing material, just sitting in the box. ok no problems, it was not damaged. i go to install my os 30 and the motor plate is cracked, ok used truck. i then notice about 20 screws missing and 3 or for badly crossthreaded into side of motor plate, now im upset. get my spektrum in, and the thottle servo barely moves, put my jr metal gear in pissed off that its messed up. get the thing running and second gear does not engage, ok adjust shift point, nothing, again, nothing..... i then dissasemble truck to get trans out, missing set screw for second gear clutch more $$$, i then decide i did not get what i paid for and kindly emailed superbang about the problems and sent clear pictures and told him i wanted $35 back. i go to mexico and a week later still no response, 3 days pass. i get a response saying i did not purchase a "Show Truck" and that nothing was wrong with it. i filed a complaint thru paypal with the $35 refund and he replied with a $15 refund. im tired of dealing with it, i got screwed and i want everyone else to know what happened. please let me know if i am right to leave negative feedback.

link to ad
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...up-grades.html

pics of damaged parts

Old 05-26-2009, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

yeah, I'd have to agree that it was not as described and it was obvious stuff that was visible. Word of advice for the future, never buy used nitro vehicles or engines unless you can see it in person. It's the only way to be safe IMO.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that would be wise