Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Advertised as roller but sent pictures with more parts? >

Advertised as roller but sent pictures with more parts?

Advertised as roller but sent pictures with more parts?

Old 04-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Advertised as roller but sent pictures with more parts?

Appreciate all the feedback but I'm done with this thread.

Last edited by fvrr; 06-18-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
I'm new to this forum but have over 650+ 0- on ebay. I don't want to list the ad just yet. The ad listed a roller with no pictures, the seller sent over some nice pictures with one included a amb lap counter and hitec steering servo. Honestly that is the only reason I bought the buggy as a roller. I traded the same thing on here a couple weeks ago and I feel I got the short end of the deal. After the season opener I wanted to get another one so bought this. I'm not a big fan of negative feedback but wanted to know your thoughts on what is advertised and then pictures come with no notations saying what is not included. Thanks
pt and servos almost never come with rollers....you should have asked, and the seller should have told you they wernt included.....
Old 04-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yep, I'd say both screwed up. Never assume extra items in a pic are included unless the seller says so. He still should have mentioned that though.
Old 04-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Yeah its kinda a bad thing he didnt say it wasnt included but he kinda did when he said it was a "Roller". Rollers usually dont come with ANY electronics. So it was kinda a bonehead move on your part not clarifying what came with it or not.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

In his email he said he was getting out of rc's so I assumed there was no reason he would take off the transponder and steering servo. It was a good deal but I would not have bought it because I needed a transponder for a race "next week". He sent 4 or 5 pictures with a nice one from the drivers side. He said he was sorry for not letting me know but didn't offer to refund $$. So this is like another deal I trade for my race ready mbx5r for a $700 comp ready rock crawler With over a hour on the phone telling me how he always took the crawler apart to clean after each comp and how well it did etc. I got it dirty and pretty much stock except for the sidewinder esc. which I'm not sure how it's set because I haven't hooked it up to the computer but I hit the throttle and it took off so not sure how he comped with it with that setting. Again, no way I would have traded my race ready buggy for a stock axial ax10. Oh well, so far 1 for 3 on this site. Thanks for your info guys. I'll know the next time.
Old 04-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

it was advertised as a roller, you got a roller, your upset?
Old 04-25-2009, 10:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo View Post
it was advertised as a roller, you got a roller, your upset?
Only the fact that he sent pics with parts and said he was getting out of the hobby. So why take off parts if your getting out of the hobby? Or he could have said the roller doesn't include those parts but if interested this is how much extra. Like I said, out of 3 deals on this site only 1 was as described. I've got a rc10gt advertised locally as a roller/parts truck. I took the pictures when I got it in a trade, tried to sell it as is but didn't so started taking parts off but clearly stated what was not included. I'm learning how this site works, I'll make sure to ask questions the next time.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 197 (100%+)

ROLER: No electric's
Old 04-26-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by XXXDad View Post
ROLLER= No electronics
Fixt
Old 04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yea, Roller means, not electronics.

Also, you can't be mad, its both of your fault. No one to blame here, but yourselfs.

Plus, if the guys is getting out of the hobby, its up to him how to sell it. He probably parted out the truck.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Roller doesn't always mean no electronics. It's what ever the seller deems as a roller. I've bought rollers before that had everything except a motor and pipe. So definition aof a roller is not always true.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Its not his fault you dont know what a roller is..
Old 04-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Its not his fault you dont know what a roller is..
It's all good. I know what a roller is but when you send me detailed pictures with no motor and no pipe but everything else attached and state your getting out of the hobby without saying oh btw these parts are not included but other parts that are not pictured are. I guess I describe stuff a little different. I won't make the same mistake again. Thanks for all the input.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

did you ask if the stuff was included? If not, your fault.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Out of curiosity what was the "roller" and how much did you pay for it?, this could read a long way into reading between the lines as to what your were going to get, if it was cheap or even average for what the roller was and you saw a pic with pt and whatever else with it and assumed it would be with the sale, it would then sound more like you were wishing or hoping he would just send it with the extras in the photo and really didn't want to ask him in case he took em off?....a pt is worth half a 2nd hand roller's price in most circumstances, wishful thinking on your part I reckon. Should have asked, he may have cut you a deal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.