scammer

Old 04-15-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? scammer

I traded someone named Curt Peters([email protected])(rcjunky_02) My new Traxxas Jato3.3 with a carbon fiber kit to replace some of the plastic looks really nice for a HPI BAJA 5b, good deal you would think so but no, He has the JATO and I have nothing he didnt send me the BAJA its been two weeks since I've heard from him and I figure he was a nice guy to deal with but no, If anyone knowa him all I want it the BAJA or my JATO back its not too much to ask for, I figure I would post this cause there's so many honest people out there that gets shafted in the end from a bad deal, He lives in Kamloops, British Columbia. I have talked to a few people and told me there's more people that scam then are honest, and thats what this guy is, I wouldn't be ding this if the deal went good. The sad part is he's making the website and B.C. look bad I dont know if I would ever trust someone to buy or sell anything again on the R/C websites, All I want if someone knows him is to send me the BAJA 5b as he promissed or send back the JATO 3.3 thats all but I guess thats too much to ask for, it sound like he wants everything and dosent want to pay for anything.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Default scammer

I'm also a member on RCCanada and RCUniverse If anyone has any info on this person let me know anything to help me out, I f you think I'm a newbe your wrong look me up on either sites i provided, its all there, I have been in the hobby for about 4yrs and this is the first time its happened. there's been others to get screwed also, just would like some help that all, if you know the person just let him know either to send me back the Traxxas JATO or the HPI Baja 5b we had a deal on, I wont ask no questions I'll turn my back and walk away with either the JATO or the Baja.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

do not be scared post his full name home address and phone number. people need to know this so he will not scam others in he furture.

i hope you get your jato back. can you call his police department? or your local police?
Old 04-18-2009, 07:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default scam

the address he gave me is for the shipping depo all I know is his name and email address is Curt Peters ([email protected]) if that his name all I know is that he lives in Kamloops B.C. I have sent him emails at lease 6x's a day. People that scam others is not right, I am hoping someone knows him and tells him to send either the Jato back or the Baja I wont get mad just want what belongs to me, I don't know his age or what he looks like I just want to get either back, I should have thought about it but I got to happy when he told me that jato and $250.00. People said that the jato's worth $300.US, but in Canada its $500.-$600. and then the carbon fiber kit was another $200.CND it all adds up when you put all the numbers together. It sucks also knowing that someone you thought you could trust could do something like this. All I can do is hope someone knows this person and lets him know and others that read this hopefully don't go threw this. who knows where it is, I have been looking at Kijiji, cragslist and ebay to see if it shows up, every person dose something different to there R/C to make it there's and I made it different with the carbon fiber kit to give it a little edge, thanks for any help that comes along hopefully he sends it back scamms have to stop, people have to start trusting people, everyone works for a living and buy things to make them happy. Thanks to everyone that helps.

Wes
Old 04-18-2009, 08:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

have you filed a police report yet? If not you should be
Old 04-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Default scammer

I did threw the police in Oakville where I live in Canada and threw the RCMP hopefully the guy send me either the Jato or the Baja, if they catch him I'll press charges, this guy can either come clean and return the Jato or send me the Baja and I'll cancel the report well see what happends. there's been too many scamms in the world over this and others if one person can be caught and it goes on the news it may help more people realize that its a criminal offence and the police dosen't put up with it. I was reading about what happends in the U.S.A and the FBI come to the person's house and take everything they have plus a heavy fine and jail time when there caught, something they should do everywhere.