Scammer!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Scammer!

Just warning everyone that DTM_Motorsports is a scammer. I bought tires off him about a month ago and still havent received them. I emailed him about it and he answered about 2 weeks ago and said he was out of state and he will ship them tomorrow. after that I havent heard from him. I only payed 50 bucks but still, I am 15 so that 50 goes a long way. I filed a claim with paypal. I see that mark04 is his friend on his profile, do you know him personally? If you do would you be willing to see whats up?
Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just warning everyone that DTM_Motorsports is a scammer. I bought tires off him about a month ago and still havent received them. I emailed him about it and he answered about 2 weeks ago and said he was out of state and he will ship them tomorrow. after that I havent heard from him. I only payed 50 bucks but still, I am 15 so that 50 goes a long way. I filed a claim with paypal. I see that mark04 is his friend on his profile, do you know him personally? If you do would you be willing to see whats up?
Sorry bout your bad luck, but that is why I only buy from hobby shops and retail stores(AMAIN etc). Yes ebay has been good with some but there is always that chance. I have not heard of the company ur talking about so I would check into more options before purchasing anything rc related from other than the dealers.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

ya from now on I will. DTM_motorsports is someones username on here not a company. Seriously what a dick to scam for 40 bucks + shipping, whats that gonna get him? Dinner for him and his mom!
Old 04-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JBURCH View Post
Sorry bout your bad luck, but that is why I only buy from hobby shops and retail stores(AMAIN etc). Yes ebay has been good with some but there is always that chance. I have not heard of the company ur talking about so I would check into more options before purchasing anything rc related from other than the dealers.

Sucks to pay retail tho.....you just have to be smart when buying from forum's or online.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

yup does suck, any chance paypal will get my money back?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

you should be able to get your money back with paypal, I have done it for a ebay purchase. I would give him a week to respond to the dispute.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

its been a week, they say they are waiting until april 9
Old 04-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

yea, paypal sucks imo. i got scammed in December by "KAMBO13" and he did a partial refund after all the people he scammed got together and were contacting the police and he refunded mostly everyone and gave me partial refund and paypal said that was good enough even tho i never received the product
Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I've used a CC with PayPal for not-so-sure purchases. If PayPal doesn't resolve it, file the claim with the CC company.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
I've used a CC with PayPal for not-so-sure purchases. If PayPal doesn't resolve it, file the claim with the CC company.

x2.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I see that mark04 is his friend on his profile, do you know him personally? If you do would you be willing to see whats up?
I'm sorry, but I don't actually know him. The "friends" thing here is kinda like Myspace... maybe not as silly though. If I remember correctly, we're "friends" because we live in the same general area and figured we might cross paths at the local track.

Basically, you know him better than I do.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Originally Posted by markr04 View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't actually know him. The "friends" thing here is kinda like Myspace... maybe not as silly though. If I remember correctly, we're "friends" because we live in the same general area and figured we might cross paths at the local track.

Basically, you know him better than I do.
Mark, do you know who he is? (real name?) I'm just wondering if it is anyone we know from the track.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

thats good support guys, nice to see the older guys stepping up for litte man,f'in punk to rip off a lil kid, does he hit old women as well? pisses me off, real cowboy he is..worthy of a rope a' dope....lol
Old 04-07-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMIT View Post
Mark, do you know who he is? (real name?) I'm just wondering if it is anyone we know from the track.
I don't know his name and we've never even exchanged PMs. I think there's a "visitor message" in my profile somewhere that says "Howdy neighbor", but that's all.

Okay, so you're gonna be surprised by this... what a coincidence. I sometimes search our (Dallas) Craigslist for R/C stuff. I ran across a listing for a Mugen MBX5 Prospec with an RB WS7 in Richardson.

Now then, DTM_Motorsports' signature states that he has a Mugen MBX5 Prospec with an RB WS7, and he lives in Richardson. If you look at his avatar:

and compare it to the pic in the Craigslist ad:

There's your man...
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bar/1107086479.html

@ rgrassey: Don't tell him that I sent you. It's strictly a coincidence that I saw the ad and put 2 + 2 together. I wasn't searching for him in any manner.

-

Last edited by markr04; 04-07-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Adept

Thats sorry man. I don't understand a f'in thief. I'll see if I can get him to come to JCG if you want and I'll see if I can get your tires.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service