canon39

Old 03-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default canon39

hi ppl i just bought a novak gtb speed controller and motor from this guy canon39 , was siad it had a couple race days on it and was in mint condition, so i payed 150$ for this and it came with no screws to hold it together and no bottom of the esc, basically i was sold something useless unless i contact novak and fix it myself, i waited extra long for this to come and now that i need it tomorrow morning for a race i cannot use it and im out my registration feee and $$ . im waiting for a reply for this matter but thought id state this in case anyone else was trading with this person. i would not do business with them altho i gave pos(+) feedback for the price it was before i recieved a useless item.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Initiate

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-w-extras.html here is a link where he is selling the chassis my esc came from..... my piece is in the picture, not the screws, also the capacitor is crushed and probably needs to be replaced, the crushed part was covered with black tape http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...-w-extras.html thats the thread i bought it from

i think and will let the community decide that i should recieve a partial refund as it is not as stated, pics to come

Last edited by shortchange; 03-27-2009 at 03:25 PM. Reason: afterthought
Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Initiate

I have gotten in touch with this user and thought we had it all ironed out, i was wrong. Canon39 agreed to initially refund 15$ for the damaged(from removal ) capacitor, and next day air the bottom of the esc( only after i had to argue that it WAS the bottom of the esc itself and not an "esc mount" and "not part of the sale". Well i told this user if they just next day aired the bottom of the esc to forget bout the partial refund. Wrong again on my part instead of next day air it was sent via us mail in an envolope. So needless to say its too risky to deal with anyone on this site because of some bad eggs and its not worth it. thanks to those who gave me help and good sellers who are truly honest,

good luck and beware