Misrepresentation of items

Old 03-20-2009, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default Misrepresentation of items

Well, I recently purchased a few items off of here labeled as "new" , well, what I received was clearly used. And, the seller admits to selling used items. I bought the items because it was a good deal AND because the items were labeled as new.

New is new, used is used. I'm getting tired of people advertising as" barely broken in", barely used, new ( and its not ) as in this case.

Now, I've got the ever popular excuses from this guy like, " you got a smoking deal " , and " I only ran it for 2 minutes" , and this one, " I dont' have time to argue through email " .

I've requested a full refund via USPS money order ( which is how I paid) , so we'll see what kind of response I get.

To prove my point , I've got plenty of money and time to pursue legal action if need be.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've recently run into the same situation. Guy said the stuff was like new and when I got it looked very used. I actually had to replace a bearing to make it work. I won't mention any names but I agree if you say new or like new in your FS post make sure your representation is correct. Yeah we may be getting a good deal or whatever but if the thing is used and battered maybe we wouldn't want to buy it. Using old pictures and lame excuses just doesn't cut it. Everyone has a different opinion on what used should look like but new or like new should mean that if you put it next to a new one you shouldn't be able to tell the difference. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

Well, after you cleaned the rear pod, fixed the front bumper ( not sitting flat on the chassis), cleaned the rear diff, and a couple other small things, this car would look like new, but , it is not .

I"m not new to these things, and I'm well aware that any car that has been run on carpet for an entire season by a good driver would take minimal work to make it look like new again. The car I received could have 2 minutes on it ( as he claims) or it could have been run for 2 months, who knows.

Last time I checked in Websters dictionary, the words " lightly used" were never in the definition for " new ".
Old 03-21-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default that sucks!

xray you are a good guy!bought stuff from you and came better than described.sorry you guys are having b/s here.lots of scammers and dirt balls!
Old 03-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I never buy "lightly used" unless I can see it or request pics of certain parts.
I'm sorry this happened to you, it's unbelievable what some people will do to others.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Diesel! Man I miss that Revo!

What I purchased was labeled as new, not lightly used. I"m well aware of the many different interpretations of "lightly used".

I did a trade on here recently for my 8t 2.0, and even though I spent $20 in gas and 7 hours of my time, I drove 2 States over to view the car in person. And, everything was as described.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Have to agree with you Eddy new is new and slightly or barely used is just plain used no matter what kind of deal you get .

Hope you get your money back .

Last edited by jag5508; 03-21-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Would a dirt covered diff and paint chipping off the side springs be indicative of a new or used car? This is how my " new " car was shipped to me, I have not driven this car.
Attached Thumbnails Misrepresentation of items-dscn0276.jpg   Misrepresentation of items-dscn0277.jpg  
Old 03-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

That an ARD ?
It looks familiar.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayeddy View Post

What I purchased was labeled as new, not lightly used. I"m well aware of the many different interpretations of "lightly used".
Must have misread...
>_<
Old 03-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by xrayeddy View Post
I've got plenty of money and time
You should take some of that free time and some of all that money and go buy a new camera...lol..
Old 03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

There is a flower symbol on ur cam.
activate it ^^

No need for a new cam its just knowing how to use its options.
Flower Symbol is to take close up pics like that depending on your lense is how close you can go.