Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH HYPERHOBBIES ROADRAIL CO? >

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH HYPERHOBBIES ROADRAIL CO?

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH HYPERHOBBIES ROADRAIL CO?

Old 03-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH HYPERHOBBIES ROADRAIL CO?

Does anyone else use the RoadRails R/C Racing System out there to set up their racetrack?

We put on Carpet races through the winter in East Grand Forks, MN at the American Legion on Tuesday nights. We run oval for 1/10 scale, but have a great crew of guys that race RC18T trucks also. For these trucks, we have wooden jumps, a bridge loop and use a RoadRail TrakPak kit. Initially, I bought the TrakPac three years ago to set up on blacktop for outdoor on road races, but did not manage to get that going enough to make it worth while. Now, we just use it to make cool track layouts for the mini trucks on carpet.

Here is the problem, we need more Domes for our kit. These dome connect the rails in the corners. Our kit never did come with enough of these and a couple have cracked making them unusable. To see this system for yourself, click this link: http://roaddome.com/index.asp Without these domes, the rails are open on the corners and damage the models by hooking the wheels.

We have ordered more domes months ago, but they did not show up. After complaining several times, I got a message saying they were sorry, bla, bla, bla.. and they would ship them out right away. That was over a month ago again now and they will not respond to us. Does anyone know what is with this Hyper Hobbies Company? Are they a fly-by-night outfit or something? We just want some more Domes for our kit. Any info would be helpful. What I would really appreciate is if a whole bunch of you guys would bombard them with mesages asking why they are ignoring their customers. So far, they have not responded to our guys. That is why I am now taking the issue up on here. Thanks for any help.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

No one on here has any info on Hyper Hobbies and RoadRails?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Well, I have placed the charge in dispute and requested a charge back. It is too bad...
Old 03-31-2009, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Update on Hyper Hobbies RoadRail Company:

We have been reimbursed for the Dome order through forced scharge-back of my credit card company. As far as I know, Hyper Hobbies did not even respond to that.

Well, these guys are just plain useless. I took one of our broken Domes to the D & D Sheet Metal Shop where I work as an HVAC Tech. We are making a template to produce new domes out of Sheet Metal. These should work just fine in place of the Plastic Road Domes, though will actually be more expensive. Problem solved...