Need some help on what to do.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Need some help on what to do.

I just bought a T2 from a guy on here. He posted pics of the car and it looked good. I received the car today and there are some parts that were changed from the pictures that were posted. The car is complete but not with the parts pictured. What should I do? He is a fairly new member so currently I am giving him some time to fix the deal before I start screaming SCAMMER. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-27-2009, 01:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Id make him make the deal right with the parts pictured (Then you could send him back the ones that it came with) or tell him to shoot you over some funds for a refund of the lower end parts.
What were the parts that were pictured that he didnt send? And what did he send instead?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Either have him replace the parts, send you some money, or pay you to ship it back + full refund.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

I see this happen alot. I think usually what occurs is a person decides to sell his item but does not have a photo of his item so he looks around and finds a similar photo and creates an ad using a different photo. In his mind it's legit. In the buyers mind they look the car over and decide to purchase, when car shows up whoah!! parts are missing. Totally sellers fault and should either refund money, refund money to pay for parts shown in picture. To me it doesn't matter if it was an honest mistake or on purpose. The seller is 100% responsible for his items description and pics.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys, Thanks for all your input. The guy sent me some parts for the car. They are still not the right ones but, I guess you could call them upgrades. He said the diffs that were pictured were really in bad shape so he replaced them with the ones he sent. Granted they are new but honestly would you rather have a T2 diff or the plastic T2R diff? I guess this whole deal kinda sucked but what can you do? It is just getting harder to trust people nowadays. Even if pics are included. Thanks to all who replied!