Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
I am done buying, selling and trading on rctech. >

I am done buying, selling and trading on rctech.

I am done buying, selling and trading on rctech.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:50 PM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default I am done buying, selling and trading on rctech.

The last few weeks it just seemed to have gone done hill, I am sick of seeing all the bad stuff posted, its hard to belive anyone anymore. I am sticking with ebay, granted fees are a little high, but its a lot less drama. Every time a deal goes sour or not exactly what a person expectged they yell scamer, or a kittle issue turns into a soap opera.

Last edited by roadrashracing; 01-29-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
The last few weeks it just seemed to have gone done hill, I am sick of seeing all the bad stuff posted, its hard to belive anyone anymore. I am sticking with ebay, granted fees are a little high, but its a lot less drama. Every time a deal goes sour or not exactly what a person expectged they yell scamer, or a kittle issue turns into a soap opera.
ebay is getting bad also..plus recently the deals are not really deals..like they use to be..You just have to be very careful on the shipping prices..It seems like that with the economy being as bad as it is the scammers are coming outta the woodwork..and it's not just here, it's everywhere..trust me on this one, on ebay you dont have a Trader Feedback Forum..I'm pretty sure if ebay did this it would be HUGE and their would be a whole bunch of rip offs, missrepresented items and such..in fact one of the most notorious scammers ever on RC Tech did huge rip offs on ebay..nwcorry ring a bell..over 10k..and he's still around..so if you think ebay is safer your only kidding yourself..
Old 01-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Your more than welcome to come and sell on RcFanatics.net Road. Its filled with upstanding folks, and know you would fit in there.
I totally understand where your coming from and this is also the reason why I have been very limited to buying and selling on here.
Since Ebay and paypal have joined up (Where you can only buy with paypal) ebay has seemed to go down hill very fast. I have been a buyer and seller on there for 12 years and in the last month have had my 3 first ever bad transactions. Since the buyer cant leave feedback, I had 2 people back out on a body that I listed and had sold. 3rd one I had a buyer buy a item, take parts off of it, use it for a close to a month, break stuff on it, then file a paypal claim only to have paypal find in there favor because "Paypal protects buyers, not the seller".. Its been a very experiance and a sad thing to see since I have really enjoyed using ebay the past 12 years. Its a fun thing to sell a item on ebay that now seems tainted..
Anyway, dont let a few losers discourage doing sales/purchases threw the internet. There is alot of good people out there, but you dont hear about them as much as all the scammers and losers. I would be willing to bet that a majority of the scammers here are only a few different people. With the slack job done here when it comes to scammers and being able to create a new screen name with ease, RcTech has become a haven for scammers to hang out..
Old 01-30-2009, 02:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I guess the thing that gets me is that whole create a new account thing..
I understand the IP banning Issues TSR6 has described in other posts...
What I don't understand is why people who have been banned, for whatever reason, can create a new "identity", come back and start again..
I have seen alot of posts where the offending person is re-identified under the new username.

Why isn't this brought to the Admin/Mod's attention and re-banned immediately?
Old 01-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Scammers are everyware thats the sad thing, I would love to pic them of one by one. I just got my Revo back from MGTMAN91 and so did a couple other guys.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

It's very bad on rctech. I wanted to throw this out there. You can file a claim if you have been ripped off on the FBI website. If you go to their site and click report internet crime it tells you how to file a claim and everything you need to have to prove you been defrauded. It works on a federal level all the way down to a local level. http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
Old 01-31-2009, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirKarnage View Post
I guess the thing that gets me is that whole create a new account thing..
I understand the IP banning Issues TSR6 has described in other posts...
What I don't understand is why people who have been banned, for whatever reason, can create a new "identity", come back and start again..
I have seen alot of posts where the offending person is re-identified under the new username.

Why isn't this brought to the Admin/Mod's attention and re-banned immediately?
the problem is, i need proof....not i think, or mayby....when i see these i always do an ip search, if they dont match, i dont ban till i figure it out...
Old 01-31-2009, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
the problem is, i need proof....not i think, or mayby....when i see these i always do an ip search, if they dont match, i dont ban till i figure it out...
Lol just do it its not illegal
Old 02-01-2009, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tnralberta View Post
Scammers are everyware thats the sad thing, I would love to pic them of one by one. I just got my Revo back from MGTMAN91 and so did a couple other guys.
The bad thing is that with the way the economy is , I think it's only going to get worse with scammers everywhere,ebay,forums etc.
Old 02-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by losi guy View Post
It's very bad on rctech. I wanted to throw this out there. You can file a claim if you have been ripped off on the FBI website. If you go to their site and click report internet crime it tells you how to file a claim and everything you need to have to prove you been defrauded. It works on a federal level all the way down to a local level. http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
This doesnt work. Anytime anyones scammed its best to call your local PD and there local PD ASAP. This IC3 wont do squat. I filed once with them and never heard back.. Called my local PD, I had my cash in hand 3 days later...
Old 02-01-2009, 01:03 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
A Admin can set it up so if a person is banned with a specific IP, he wont be able to create a new account. Shit, they can also set it up so if there banned, they wont be able to even see the site and get the error message saying the site is taking to long to respond. Its pretty simple stuff and is VERY effective.. Ive been telling admins to do this for years but nothings changed. This place will never change imo. Its by far the worst site for scammers on all the sites I frequent.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
This doesnt work. Anytime anyones scammed its best to call your local PD and there local PD ASAP. This IC3 wont do squat. I filed once with them and never heard back.. Called my local PD, I had my cash in hand 3 days later...
Well, that really sucks. I never filed with them but I would have thought it would have been something that would really help people. Bummer.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 256 (100%+)

The key everybody misses is that VERY few people, comparatively, maintain a static IP address. If you're like most people, signed up with a user account at home, your IP changes on a fairly regular basis. In fact you have to pay EXTRA on your monthly internet access bill to get a static IP. Businesses usually maintain static IP's, individuals (unless they're doing some fairly specific things over the internet such as accessing computers remotely that have protection...the reason I maintain and pay for a static IP) have a "rolling IP".

The problem, then, is that an "IP ban" a) only solves the particular problem temporarily, and b) makes it a pain in the a$$ for the next guy that gets that IP number (or within the range) that's been banned.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
The key everybody misses is that VERY few people, comparatively, maintain a static IP address. If you're like most people, signed up with a user account at home, your IP changes on a fairly regular basis. In fact you have to pay EXTRA on your monthly internet access bill to get a static IP. Businesses usually maintain static IP's, individuals (unless they're doing some fairly specific things over the internet such as accessing computers remotely that have protection...the reason I maintain and pay for a static IP) have a "rolling IP".

The problem, then, is that an "IP ban" a) only solves the particular problem temporarily, and b) makes it a pain in the a$$ for the next guy that gets that IP number (or within the range) that's been banned.
at least some one gets it...
Old 02-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am relatively new on here , i have found great people so far , it all depends on feeling safe with the person before doing anything !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.