Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER >

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER

EVERYONE MUST READ THIS THREAD -- SCAMMER

Old 08-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (99%+)

well if I'm needed those who wish to reach me can at any time... I havent been scammed on this site because i know what to do to not let it happen...
IF YOU THINK YOU"VE BEEN SCAMMED AND NEED HELP LET ME KNOW AND I WILL HELP YOU... Nuff said!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I belong to another forum where you have to be on for 3 months and have over 100 post to even begin to sell anything. That seems to be working well for the site.

Originally Posted by jldjlaudio
it was a joke to newbie2..
The first sign of him being a scammer is he told everyone that he asked like 100 people to use a camera and couldn't get one but he had these R/C cars with thousands into them but couldn't afford a camera .? Come on man give me a break and noone would let him use one for like 10 minutes.... fresh on the site and guys just bought into his ass.... next time check into things guys and do not deal with anyonw who cant produce pictures unless their a known member with good standing.....
NEED TO MAKE IT RULE THAT NO MEMBER CAN EVEN POST IN THE FOR SALE SECTION AT ALL UNLESS THEY HAVE AT LEAST 50 TO 100 POSTS AND THAT WILL HELP STOP THIS CRAP!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jldjlaudio
NEED TO MAKE IT RULE THAT NO MEMBER CAN EVEN POST IN THE FOR SALE SECTION AT ALL UNLESS THEY HAVE AT LEAST 50 TO 100 POSTS AND THAT WILL HELP STOP THIS CRAP!!!!!!!
+1, It is that way oin truggyracers.com on there you have to have at least 25 posts to sell stuff.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

asking for a phone number is apretty good idea.or ask for a picture of the item with your name on a piece of paper in the pic.alas,i am super slow at pics...
Old 08-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

you can always click on the seller's profile and see what and where he has posted, by reading up on his post you can see what kind of person he is.( well sort of)
Old 08-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dethklok151
or ask for a picture of the item with your name on a piece of paper in the pic.alas,i am super slow at pics...
That is a great idea, I never thought of that. I have seen sellers do that on ebay.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:37 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

It is ashame this stuff happens because it hurts the honest sellers on Tech.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
It is ashame this stuff happens because it hurts the honest sellers on Tech.
+1

yes it does the best thing is to ask alot of questions
Old 08-02-2008, 12:44 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

OK, being a moderator here and another, scammers are potentially EVERYONE. I have seen it. Its a risk to buy online used as well as new. Cover all aspects of the deal you intend to start. Get all info on the member. Talk to them if possible. Someone in that area willing to do you a favor would be cool but not always available. Make sure you are dealing with an adult and not a kid. Kids tend to push it off to the parents leaving you having to talk to a middle man.

If a scam has been done. Take the appropriate action and leave everyone out of the deal that does not pertain to the deal. In other words.. don't include their kids. Take the proper steps in PP and if all else seek legal matters with the local police in that person's city. Consider all options. What laws have been broken?

RCTech is merely a forum and holds no responsibility on the actions done here. We as staff can only moderate as much as we can.

And Please, create threads to inform the site of a scammer in the feedback thread. NO WHERE ELSE. Present your case clearly and calmly. Kids do read these threads so cursing is also seen by them.

In the end,the decision is yours to take the risk but not to be scammed. Be wise.. Act maturely not childish as children get treated as such.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

if you require a post count to sell then all that will do is clog up the rest of the forums with useless post like,+1,i agree,or

now imagine that times how many new members selling are under the post count.

i used to do a lot of trades on here i never got scammed and it sucks to all that did BUT you must do your homework alot of the scams you are seeing is because people are not following through on thier own end to cover thier own a$$.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How is samPD on if he is suspended?
Old 08-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

im pretty sure he cant post, but can log on

and yeah +1 on the pics thats what i put on the site forum

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235023
Old 08-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

I've bought a ton of stuff on ebay and here, and haven't had a problem getting screwed. Had a few close ones, but here is what you can do to protect yourself. ALWAYS, ALWAYS pay w/ a credit card, even when using paypal. That way you can protest the charge if things go bad. Using a debit card or using funds in your paypal account won't give you that protection.
Also, if the deal seams TOO good to be true, it very well may be!
I have bought from newbies here, but always ask questions and feel them out before making a decision to chance them or not. I like to read their other posts and see what kind of person they are, [well as much as I can tell reading there posts!]
Has anyone else found any tips to share here on safe buying? I am all ears. Please share any thoughts you have on this matter.
Larry.

Last edited by leerjet1; 08-02-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

wow, that kid has balls. the sam kid.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
you can always click on the seller's profile and see what and where he has posted, by reading up on his post you can see what kind of person he is.( well sort of)
only way i'd do business here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.