Search

Beware "TOOFAST"!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Thumbs down Beware "TOOFAST"!!!

Ok so here's the scoop...

This dude "toofast" aka Jeff was nice enough to send my husband pictures of a mini T that I wanted. In the pics everything looked great to me and I was happy enough to spend the $110 on it.

Once I got my car, though, I slowly started discovering issues with it.

Like the servo, for instance. It's missing. Didn't see that in any pics. Wasn't told about it.
Acutally, I recall a conversation that told me my car would be in perfect running condition.

There was a broken front body clip, and something wrong with the diff.
As my husband continued testing the equipment, we found that either the motor or speed controller was a POS.

So we message mister "toofast" and let him know all of this. He sends a brief message on Thursday (the last day we heard from him) saying "oh man, I haven't run this car in 2 years... guess I should have put a motor in it and run it before I sold it,"

YA THINK?? My husband is far nicer than I am buddy. He gave you the benefit of the doubt. I'm not like that. I'm a woman you moron and I don't play games with my stuff or my money!

So I decided to dispute through paypal, but guess who's paypal account no longer exists?? mmmhhmmm 'too fast" no longer has a valid paypal account. At least under that name and account info.
So I can't get the $110 back, even though all I wanted was $50 so I could buy a new motor and speed controller and I'd send the shit ones back to him. Free of charge

I'm upset and really really pissy. I don't screw people over and don't take kindly to others doing it to me.

Yes you should have made sure it was in good working condition first, yes you should have run it first to make CERTAIN, yes you should have told me what was wrong with it so I'd have a heads up and could get what I needed.
Never once did he mention ANYTHING was wrong with the car. He sure as hell highlighted all the good atributes, though.

And the last communication I have from his ass is on Thursday?? I've called him and messaged him all weekend.
Nice. I LOVE scammers and totally welcome them with open arms. Please note that this statement is just dripping with sarcasm.

SO that being said, I wouldn't buy another single thing from above mentioned AHOLE if my life was in the balance. I suggest you guys don't either. You'll just get ripped off and jacked. Not cool.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

First off I'm sorry that your mini t was a piece of crap. But most used ones are.
Second, why wouldn't you buy a team associated 18t. 30 more bucks would have gotten you a brand new one. And its 10 times the vehicle.
Third, everybody has their own version of "perfect". This kid could think perfect is semi complete.
The only way you have him he used the word "running". Good luck on getting this guy
Old 07-22-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Master

It doesn't matter if it was an rc18, mini t, or any other rc. I wanted a mini t that was brushless. He sent me a novak millenium pro charger that was bad also. The point is everything about the deal was bad and he is a fing ass!
Old 07-22-2008, 07:08 AM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

First, I tried to locate this seller you mentioned in the forsale threads, or at all for that matter, and I couldn't find a nickname even close that was selling a mini-t. So buying outside the forums leaves you little in the way of complaining rights here.
Second, I wonder why you'd buy used when you could have purchased a brand new one for the same money>
Third, any adult should understand the potetial ramifications of buying used and anyone in RC should know all the possilbe wear issues with buying a used car online.
Fourth, it's my understand that most sales of used items come with the usual "as is" notification - because I can hardly see anyone selling something and then allowing the buyer to come back with a list of stuff they think should be replaced as they could end up losing money on the deal.
Fifth, one person's Bed Of Roses is another's POS, so it all depends on each person's definition. But just so you know, all minis and stock RTR come with POS electronics.
Sixth, you get what you pay for.
Seventh, while I've seen "pissy" work at the hair salon it doesn't carry much weight in this hobby.
Eighth, I don't think profanity is tolerated on this or any website or discussion board. Definately "not cool." Try toning it down and cooling down in future posts.
Finally, slow down a little before getting all angry and maybe take a closer look at what you actually got - my guess a few modification pieces and whatnots - and then look at the total price of what you'll have involved in getting it running really good and it's my guess it still won't amount to that much money and all the stock pieces you will be replacing would have been POS pieces you would have needed to replace anyway. Keep it light, and keep it fun, you'll enjoy it a lot longer.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

WTF are you saying. I hope you get ripped off in the future too!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds like someone is realizing she paid way way way too much for a used mini t. Like I said. The only case you have is that the person used the word running. This is why I only buy used stuff from local guys and this is if I buy used stuff. Less headaches with new stuff
Old 07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

Originally Posted by joezjr
Sounds like someone is realizing she paid way way way too much for a used mini t. Like I said. The only case you have is that the person used the word running. This is why I only buy used stuff from local guys and this is if I buy used stuff. Less headaches with new stuff
+1

Seems as if "buyer's remorse" is getting carried too far nowadays as people are using these disucssion boards to voice their displeasure about deals nobody held a gun to their head to make.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

At leat you got your stuff. Read the jason halverson posts. Read the threads where people really got ripped off.
Old 08-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

wow, adults using profanitiy on the internet. grow up lady.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

i know this thread is old, but u guys make no sence. when u sell a item ready to run then it should be just that, READY TO RUN. $110 for a brush less mini t is not that far off. so get of her back!!!! some of these responce would make me flip out also.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

I'm the guy this dude is talking about I have had many deals on here and ebay with no problems!! Now this lady wants to in my opinion burn shit up and try to get money back the brushless system worked when I had it, the millinium Pro was used the day before to charge NIMH packs again worked just fine so I know it works. I have raced many years and have taken great care of my stuff, ok so the Diff might have been burnt up my bad I didnt know so I appologize. Also we all race and travel to races so she fires me off a PM bitching when all along I was out of town racing as soon as I get back home after the weekend I see she's started a thread saying I was gonna screw them Whatever DUDE you'll get your fifty dollars back but I hope whoever deals with you in the future sells you something new in the package cause when you get it and become unhappy with it who knows what you'll do to it to get some $$$$$ back. Anyway I'll send your money back I think you should make right on this and let everyone know you jumped the gun by saying all this shit about me!! its racing season bro not everyone races local I appoligize that I didnt answer you back ASAP but I had no intension on dicking you when I sent that stuff and still have no intension on it.

Last edited by tooofast; 08-07-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Also there was no servo in the pic because there never was one. It was a roller with motor. If there was a servo in it there would have been one in the pics I sent you. YA THINK!!!!!!!!! By the way you shouldn't recall any conversation cause I never talked to you it was your husband and I again said nothing about a servo.

Also my Paypal isn't under TOOOFAST. But nice try its the same as its always been for the last 3 years verified and all.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by smarking1212
Ok so here's the scoop...

This dude "toofast" aka Jeff was nice enough to send my husband pictures of a mini T that I wanted. In the pics everything looked great to me and I was happy enough to spend the $110 on it.

Once I got my car, though, I slowly started discovering issues with it.

Like the servo, for instance. It's missing. Didn't see that in any pics. Wasn't told about it.
Acutally, I recall a conversation that told me my car would be in perfect running condition.

There was a broken front body clip, and something wrong with the diff.
As my husband continued testing the equipment, we found that either the motor or speed controller was a POS.

So we message mister "toofast" and let him know all of this. He sends a brief message on Thursday (the last day we heard from him) saying "oh man, I haven't run this car in 2 years... guess I should have put a motor in it and run it before I sold it,"

YA THINK?? My husband is far nicer than I am buddy. He gave you the benefit of the doubt. I'm not like that. I'm a woman you moron and I don't play games with my stuff or my money!

So I decided to dispute through paypal, but guess who's paypal account no longer exists?? mmmhhmmm 'too fast" no longer has a valid paypal account. At least under that name and account info.
So I can't get the $110 back, even though all I wanted was $50 so I could buy a new motor and speed controller and I'd send the shit ones back to him. Free of charge

I'm upset and really really pissy. I don't screw people over and don't take kindly to others doing it to me.

Yes you should have made sure it was in good working condition first, yes you should have run it first to make CERTAIN, yes you should have told me what was wrong with it so I'd have a heads up and could get what I needed.
Never once did he mention ANYTHING was wrong with the car. He sure as hell highlighted all the good atributes, though.

And the last communication I have from his ass is on Thursday?? I've called him and messaged him all weekend.
Nice. I LOVE scammers and totally welcome them with open arms. Please note that this statement is just dripping with sarcasm.

SO that being said, I wouldn't buy another single thing from above mentioned AHOLE if my life was in the balance. I suggest you guys don't either. You'll just get ripped off and jacked. Not cool.
used is used, dont expect new item for used price people..