RCWAFFLE,,,EBAYER, KADE & JIM CARTER

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

This would be a great time to visit your local hobby shop at least if he try's to burn you, you can break his arm!! in all reality though this is a shame. ebay is turning into a nightmare
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I almost always by local from racers, and our local shops. Charlotte has alot of good options when it comes to that. I sometimes find good deals on Ebay and only resort to selling stuff on there it I can't sell it locally.

I know 2 wrongs don't make a right. I will be racing about 35 miles from there in a couple of months. Perhaps if it ain't settled then, I can go knock on his door, BUT I think the legal system already has a good beat on this guy and I just added a slice to the pie, if you know what I mean.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

So how can I sell on ebay and NOT worry about they guy reversing charges?

If I send FedEx and Signature confirmation?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No matter the outcome of this situation, anything purchased on Ebay, any forum or anywhere on the internet, it is and will always be buyer beware. That is why it has always been my opinion to buy from your local retailer, hobby shop, whatever.

The main reason for posting all of this, is not retribution or getting my stuff back, I hope he comes clean and gives me my money, but at this point after lambaisting him on 22 different websites including ones in Canada, I doubt it.

The main reason is to protect fellow hobbyists and if this helps others avoid his scam then it is worth it. I will do what I can to see his prosecution through.

That is a promise I make to my fellow hobbyists, and just cause it is right.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks for posting this!!!
I bought from him in the past....got my stuff but took forever and it was not as advertised. I didnt leave negative feedback as for I know he would have done the same. Never dealt with him again though. He did try to bid on my 777 back then when I sold it on fleabay.
There as another thread about him and some people were saying he might not be a bad person really....goes to show you though the truth came out in the end.
I hope something works out for you in the end because its not fair to to be scammed like that.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Everybody needs to remember his seller name and boycott this man off ebay, Always ship with signature confirmation, at least you have something to go back on, He will get what is coming to him from this fraud he is pulling, I would print out the auctions so you have hard copies of what he is selling, Ebay is now only worried about getting there money, if the buyers are unhappy the are to the point they will do anything to keep the money rolling in.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default HE CAN ONLY DO THAT FOR SO LONG

the saving grace is...a buyer/scammer can only cry wolf so many times before it gets suspicious. you can only have so many ebay names and use the same paypal account. ask buyers for their paypal id before allowing them to bid on you auctions.

cya any way you can think of. i (as a buyer have gotten burned before by people sending empty envelopes. lately there has also been a rash of people putting stuff up and when it isn't selling for what they want, they cancel the bids and put up the same auction with the same info and say that there was a mistake. just sell stuff on ebay that is for the folks who shop on ebay.

it takes a while to sell anything on here, but at least it gets talked about in the forum and there is a trail of what is going on. you can always ship with return receipt requested.

i personally have not seen paypal side with a seller who provides all the information. i have gotten scammed and the seller sent in proof of shipment and that was enough. you can always call paypal and file and appeal. on a recent transaction i had a seller send me a vehicle without shocks and a seized up motor, i filed a complaint to get half my money back and paypal (not the seller) gave me half my money back apologizing for the treatment i received from the seller. remember, paypal is an ebay company.

the bottom line is that paypal will only listen for so long from the same person claiming that they got scammed. they'd be crazy and go out of business if they did.

thanks.
brian
Old 07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by supralative View Post
Thanks for posting this!!!
I bought from him in the past....got my stuff but took forever and it was not as advertised. I didnt leave negative feedback as for I know he would have done the same. Never dealt with him again though. He did try to bid on my 777 back then when I sold it on fleabay.
There as another thread about him and some people were saying he might not be a bad person really....goes to show you though the truth came out in the end.
I hope something works out for you in the end because its not fair to to be scammed like that.
Why do you hated everyone here in Japanese?
Old 07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is funny to find. I have bought from rcwaffle and so has my buddy. Things were always hit and miss with him and I decided not to buy from him anymore. This was at least a year ago or more. Its to bad he has went down hill with his dealings since then. I just hope everything works out and he gets whats coming to him.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Here's corrected links for the items...

What you sold him:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=150249194077

What he claimed he never got, but is selling:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330250271247

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330250443254

FWIW, I really hope some form of law enforcement knocks on his door and hauls his ass away. He's screwed over a guy on rc-monster.com this same way and he really deserves to have the book thrown at him.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

What ever happened to the days where everyone was honest?

Its seems like there's more people working on new ways to scam/steal these days then anything else.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I would print a copy of any of his ads that have your property in them. Then put together a timeline with all your postage receipts, pictures, auction #'s, emails, paypal emails and any unique features of the items like the body ect. Get as much info as you can in hard copy do not trust eBay to save it. Give a copy everything you can find to the postal inspector.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

how in the world is he getting away with this??? i am strating to lose all faith in ebay.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

FINALLY somebody's got the goods on waffle. This needs to be sticky now to warn/advise the whole r/c community to QUIT SUPPORTING this retard! And it looks to me like you have sufficient evidence to AT LEAST get ebay to suspend the auctions and investigate. You need to be VERY tenacious when contacting ebay/paypal and convey to them in the clearest, most simplistic way you can that there is an obvious crime taking place here. Remember that your only one of thousands that ebay speaks to on a daily basis about things like this so you need to bug the hell out of them until they take action.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

thabiuk- PM sent

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service