Beware of Jake S (Sanders)

Old 05-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 57 (98%+)
Default Beware of Jake S (Sanders)

Beware of Jake S (Sanders)
I bought a T4 and B4 for $320 paid via paypall and after payment he did not send email or PM after numerous attempts to get in contact with him. Made 2 posts on for sale forum because this was the only way to get to him
He did not send the 2 cars even when it was paid for
Now he has a claim with paypall due to his fraudulent activity
I would advise people to stay away from this guy
He is the worst seller I have experienced in RCTECH
I guess I should have known better when I saw his negative feedback

here is the post
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=222795
Old 05-28-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Dude...it's been a whopping week now since you ostensibly paid. Do you have evidence he hasn't shipped? If he shipped parcel post it can easily take two weeks. It's not unheard of for UPS to take over a week...a bit of patience may be in order. Or, if you've got evidence that he hasn't shipped yet that's a problem too.

Yeah it sucks when a seller doesn't maintain communication, but that's mighty slim cause to start throwing "fraud" around if that's all you've got.

My own feedback was Jake's previous negative and would have been changed to neutral had the system allowed it as he made good after I'd left the feedback.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

I just looked at the thread...looks like you've got evidence that it hasn't shipped if he says it hasn't. Then again, at this point I wouldn't ship either as you would then control the money AND the cars.

Best bet would be for him to "agree" with the claim and the money would be refunded to you. I'm sure someone would buy those cars again. Hell, I might. Your alternative is to cancel the claim and he ships 'em.

Net result, Jake wasn't overly timely getting things shipped but imho you jumped the gun. In fact, it looks like you completely jumped through "complaint" and straight into "claim" which doesn't sound like an overly "good faith" gesture on the part of a buyer. He isn't even CLOSE to fraud--he hadn't even removed the money from PayPal which is a good seller practice as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the reply
As you have seen in the posts before payment he was emailing and PM responses, after payment no email no PM, he just posted once saying he was doing a roof and this was after 3 days of payment. No response after this time taking into account he was always quick to respond via email before payment is a red flag for me. He said that it is not the norm and if it were 7 days it would still be ok, for me I told him immediate shipping bec I needed it next week, and his utter disregard for the buyer who is waiting for his email, pm or post on whether he shipped it or not is unacceptable.
I do understand that shipping may take a while that is if it is shipped
He also said he tried to ship friday and then he will ship it on Tues, but he again did not respond to all the correspondence I sent him. I gave him a chance to keep his word for Tuesday shipment but again no response to email and pm and now he says he would not ship because of the hold
It is a good thing I did the claim quick because this jerk can have my money and the cars and not ship until 30days if he ever does. Hence fraudulent activity because he had no intention to ship it on fri then tues then dont know when. So now with the hold he doesnt want to ship it because the ball is in my court, I have the advantage while the whole week I was waiting for a reply he had my money and he was taking advantage of this by him not going with agreement of fast shipping and I dont know what he was waiting for. When I sell something I ship the next day or inform the buyer if I cant do it the next day, there should be good communication, but with this guy he had no courtesy to do this and he did not care about the buyer.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

I dont think I jumped the gun, I think I prevented what every buyer does not want to happen, lose thier money
I dont think it is in good faith from the seller to SIT on the goods while having the payment at hand
A simple email or PM saying he was busy would have sufficed but posting on the for sale thread after I have tried contacting him is not enough
So now I have the upper hand he doesnt want to send it while he had the upper hand before and did not send the goods that was paid for. Now Paypal will decide on this and I know they will be for my favor because of all this correspondence and posting I did. What does it take for a seller to pack the goods at night when he is free and send it the next day? Is it asking too much? Is asking for an email or PM response too much of a big deal while before payment he would answer within a few mins?

I am posting this and posted there so that other buyers would be aware of the untrustworthiness of some sellers who take advantage of buyers
The seller was paid good money and should have the responsiblity to communicate and send the goods as soon as possible.
Would you like it if a seller not contact you and wait for a week before sending your goods without informing you of the status of the goods. He said fri then tues and still no tracking number because he had no intention of sending it.
How will you know that the goods would be sent? wait for a week and the seller doesnt respond and your money is gone. This is just downright bull!

We buy and sell in the net without knowing people, there is no way to know except for trader rating, and he had one bad rating already
I just dont know why he did this, there is no reason for a seller to have a buyer wait after getting the money. What will the seller gain in letting the buyer wait and not respond. Is it arrogance that he has your money, disregard for other people, non concern for the buyer waiting for his goods or he just had no intention on sending it and ran off with your hardearned money. A buyer has to be on top of this and has to know how the seller reacts after getting the money and how he communicates.
If you say you will deal with him, good luck to you. I hope you do not experience the frustration and followed by anger that I felt dealing with him
Old 05-29-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No one in their right mind would ship something out with a paypal claim on the payment. Thats just asking to get ripped off from a sellers perspective.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

yup
but he had one week to communicate properly and to send the package so a hold was done
what will make a seller not send a package after getting paid
why will a seller not send replies after getting paid and the package as agreed upon, why delay the shipment if you are sending it, why no emails if you intend to deal in a good manner
so the side of the buyer is he is being ripped off
now with the claim, the buyer who was taken advantage of has the upper hand, once shipment is received buyer will pay
if he doesnt paypall will be intervening and can get the money from the buyer especially if there was a claim they were monitoring
so a hold claim is a just security for the buyer if the seller was acting fraudulently
the deal could have still been done, but he didnt want to
maybe he never intended of sending the package???
well I am over this loser and will go on, just need buyers to know how to protect themselves from this guy and from other bad sellers
Old 05-29-2008, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I do agree with you on one point, I believe after the sell the communication should continue utill everyone has what was agreed upon. I HATE it when I buy something and once I've paid for it all communication stops on their end. I believe this is a very poor way of doing business, but some people do it. I've had a couple do that to me but at the same time they were'nt on the board either, something had happened. If they have been active on the board and havent answered any pm's or e-mails I might be worried also becouse now it looks like they are avoiding you.
I dont know that I would have jumped to a claim. You could have started with a thread on here asking if anyone else has had dealings with him and explained the situation. Then send him ANOTHER pm stating that the thread is hear and if something doesnt happen then you will file a claim and leave the feedback for him.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

well u can start witha dispute then if nothing then up it to a claim that is what i am doing right now with a guy on ebay.i will give him a little more time then i will file the claim. i paid on the 13th and his ad said he ships next day and i have yet to see my parts. but i also agree if the guy is on the board and still no contact then yes i would worry also
Old 06-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

he is the worst seller ever, i got ripped too

Last edited by BSS07; 10-20-2008 at 04:27 PM.