Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
Beware doing business with Jason Halverson !!!! > Beware doing business with Jason Halverson !!!!

Beware doing business with Jason Halverson !!!!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

that just plain sucks. I hope Jason gets whats coming to him. I have been ripped off by some one on here about a year ago but thankfully it was only $50. I hope you get your money back.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down

The last I talked to the Jason Halvorson I raced with and thought of as a freind was later Feb.Asked why he had not been on rc tech lately (he had like 3900 posts)All he said was something about his computer and that he was going through a Divorce.I can't believe I was taken a fool of by him considering him a freind and then treating others here like this!!
Old 05-19-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How was he last year?
Old 05-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgraham225 View Post
no offense, but thats one of the problems here... its an awesome board, but no one is there to step up and handle simple problems... people that have been proven guilty of screwing people just create another name and do it time and time again because the moderators cant answer a PM or perform a simple IP ban, etc.

i know its not unstoppable, but i was screwed on here a couple of months ago and pm'd about 5 different mods at least twice a piece and never got even as little as a response like the one you just posted..

and dont give me that, "oh we're volunteers, we do what we can" line.. i was a mod on a couple of different forums over the years (not rc related though), even at my busiest times i could still answer a few pm's, especially related to someone on the boards i mod screwing people left and right.. and if i felt like i couldnt take care of the forums i moderated, i wouldve stepped down and passed the torch as i did...

im sure you dont want to hear it, but my $.02
what should we doo????hunt down these apparent scammers?????this is a deal done between 2 individuals, not tech and 2 individuals....there is no way we can vouch for or do anything to get the money back.....other than help with ip adresses.....

any sales have nothing to do with moderators.....

tell me what we as staff can do in this sitation...

i have gottne no complaints on this member, no pm's have not been asked for help,,,,

so again, what do i do????
Old 05-19-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you know this sucks i personally dont know him but do from the forums i would say he will get it together but last time i dont that for a person i thought was a descent individual on termpro.com i was burned and proven wrong when he got caught scamming orion car audio and was called out on a scam from a few people from some equipment sales he had made on the forum and from that day out i quit backing people up unless i know them personally and know for sure that they are not that way so all i have to say is good luck and i hope he gets it straightened out
Old 05-19-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I personally have seen him post many helpful and peaceful things in these forums. I always thought of him as a trust worthy guy, but after reading this thread and thinking for a long hard minute, I havent seen him in here in awhile.

People like this just dont use there heads, they dont realize what it does to there reputation, respectability, or there physicsal being (should the person you owe money find you in person).

He seems to be a big time racer, and has a somewhat big name from what I have read in these forums. Just a matter of time before it bites him in the ass.

The thing is if you are reading this particular post and happen to be at a track and hear his name (or know him and see him), be sure to say something about it to him. Dont just let it slide, even though it may have nothing to do with you, let him know how f$%#ed up it is to do this to honest men who are just trying to have some fun and save money doing something they enjoy.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post
what should we doo????hunt down these apparent scammers?????this is a deal done between 2 individuals, not tech and 2 individuals....there is no way we can vouch for or do anything to get the money back.....other than help with ip adresses.....

i have gottne no complaints on this member, no pm's have not been asked for help,,,,

i agree. what can a mod do? they arent a judge and jury or handle the transactions at all. when things become 100% obvious they can try to ip block someone but depending how they get online that can be useless. stuff like this makes you feel bad about the people ripped or seemingly ripped off (dont take that wrong) and hope jason comes through. i have seen online transactions where the guy claiming to be scammed was actually scamming (dont take it like im saying anyone envolved with this is that way im not saying that) it would leave the mod in a situation where he is darned if he does or darned if he dont but besides freezing his name aka account online how can that help? this forum is also another way of comunication to get this resolved.
nice things about posts like this is sometimes it makes the people in question stand up and take notice. for all we know he could be getting a divorce and his wife took everything and or locked him out or he could be very sick. sounds like a putz answer i know and it doesnt take away from time lost waiting. how how much time were are all these things apart? I would also check other rc racing forums like hobby talk to see if he has been around there.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Homer Allman View Post
My stupid ass sent him 10 cases of feul that he suppose to send the check right out for. It never showed but the lies did.

My plans are to go with criminal charges that he will face in Virginia.
Dude I need some fuel!! I'll like put a check in the mail and stuff....Promise...

No sorry, thats not even funny . I hope you guys catch up with him, just make sure he can't stand up when your done. Thats the way I roll
Old 05-20-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

I in no way blame anyone here or think they should help me. What I did was all on my own.

Ok now who is the hobbyshop in Canada that has the fuel Jason sold them. I am only asking you to come forward to prove he doesn't have the fuel. If you paid for the fuel it is yours, I will deal will the Jason fall out. I would like to know if he has it or not. please and thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

In order to recover from this Jason loss. We at www.tiltedrc.com are having a huge blowout sale. We specialize in 1/8th offroad supplies. Please help us out by purchasing our goodies. A 630.00 dollar loss hurts any track/hobbyshop. Do you know how many prolines I will have to sale now.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mr. losi View Post

Yes I agree that its a deal between 2 individuals and that its up to us to settle it, but I pmd about 3 mods and 2 admins trying to find out some info (trying to at least find what IP it was and about what location of the guys ISP) and guess what, I didn't even get a single response...

Its not about you tracking down or taking any action against individuals (other than using the mod features on this board), its about not even having the decency to respond to a members questions, especially when its related to a deal gone bad...

And I don't mean to target you because I don't remember ever pming you about anything, so don't take this personal... But I'm not the only one whose tried to get in touch with a mod/admin and couldn't.... Why hold the title when they can't hold the job? .
Old 05-20-2008, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Homer Allman View Post
In order to recover from this Jason loss. We at www.tiltedrc.com are having a huge blowout sale. We specialize in 1/8th offroad supplies. Please help us out by purchasing our goodies. A 630.00 dollar loss hurts any track/hobbyshop. Do you know how many prolines I will have to sale now.

I will try and throw you and Lisa some business soon.
And if I ever meet that theif, I will take your $ out of his ass
Old 05-20-2008, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

ordered last night homer before your post was made
Old 05-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

Being a business owner I know how what it takes to make up for a loss like that, and I feel for you Homer, that IS a LOT of Proline tires, sadly enough.
People like Jason deserve to be publically whipped and flogged.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by dgraham225 View Post
Yes I agree that its a deal between 2 individuals and that its up to us to settle it, but I pmd about 3 mods and 2 admins trying to find out some info (trying to at least find what IP it was and about what location of the guys ISP) and guess what, I didn't even get a single response...

Its not about you tracking down or taking any action against individuals (other than using the mod features on this board), its about not even having the decency to respond to a members questions, especially when its related to a deal gone bad...

And I don't mean to target you because I don't remember ever pming you about anything, so don't take this personal... But I'm not the only one whose tried to get in touch with a mod/admin and couldn't.... Why hold the title when they can't hold the job? .

one thing to remember there are very few moderators that can access that info....myslf and jon2 i think are the only ones, the other mods cant do it....the admins can obviously...

frankly i am not that computer smart, i can look through things and help that way...

i hope this gets resolved......i am going to move this thread to the trader feedback forum though....

see you there....

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service