Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
[B]BEWARE!!MSand9898 IS A SCAMMER!!!TOOK ME FOR $400+!![/B] >

[B]BEWARE!!MSand9898 IS A SCAMMER!!!TOOK ME FOR $400+!![/B]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[B]BEWARE!!MSand9898 IS A SCAMMER!!!TOOK ME FOR $400+!![/B]

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Thumbs down [B]BEWARE!!MSand9898 IS A SCAMMER!!!TOOK ME FOR $400+!![/B]

I sent a payment of $441.89 to a member on here named MARIO SANDOVAL on september 13th.By september 25th I still had not seen the 1/5 scale car that he says he sent to me.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178964

I contacted the US postal service and I was told that there was no record of him sending a package through any postal service.I was told that the U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the him on September 14, 2007 to expect my package for mailing. This did not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information would be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening.I was told that the tracking number was valid,but the package was never shipped through USPS.After numerous emails were sent to him he failed to attempt to resolve the situation so I filed claim through paypal.I requested refund of my payment using paypal money request and this guy says...Sorry but I already purchased tires for my car.The package was due to arrive wednesday september 19th and I still had not seen the car or heard from him since the following friday.He told me that if I did not see the package by monday to notify him and it would be looked into.I still had yet to hear from him claiming that he was on a business trip every time that there was a delay in him getting back to me.I have also found fraudulent photos and information pertaining to the car that I thought I was going to get from him.To top it off I found out he has 3 different screenames on RC UNIVERSE.If you are a member on there beware of him his screenames are sactownlatino,msand9898,and norcalitrader.Here on RCTECH he has two screenames norcalitrader,and msand9898 Does anyone else agree with me that having multiple names on a site is an automatic red flag?After I realized he had scammed me I dug up some dirt on him.

I was viewing some of his past posts on RC tech and found some things. FIRST.... I saw his post on porting 1/5 motors.You will see that oddly he has just deleted all of the pictures that were in the thread.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175643

The 3 of the pictures that were on that post were the same as the ones on his for sale ad for the car. They were pictures of the car from when the previous person owned it since he said on 8-5-2007....."My XRC is coming this week" and posted up those same pictures.
How was I to believe thats what the car looks like now?
He stated that he only ran 2 tanks through it and that it was slightly used,If he was the second owner than this is not true it is more then slightly used.

SECOND....He said that the car was the latest version and it is not judging by the pictures of what the car does and does'nt have.
I was also told so by fellow XRC owners here on RCTECH.Why does his profile read that he is in CARSON,CALIFORNIA and his paypal address is in FULTON? they are 420 miles from each other.

I filed my dispute with paypal and after getting no cooperation with him and found it funny coincidence after I did so he finally gets in touch with me and says.......

Devin,

I go out on a business trip for a few days and decided to check email and I am thrown into a big pile of shit!!!

I don't know why you are making a big deal about this?

1. I provided you with all required tracking number.
2. I have kept in contact with you (provided I am not out of town on business)
3. You have not given it time to arrive at your doorstep.
4. You dont even suggest it may be a lost package.
5. You file a claim with paypal.
6. You threaten thru email.
7. I know first hand what it is to be ACTUALLY ripped off.

Now my answers on all the above points.

1. As a seller I am responsible enough to ask if you want to ship it via a trackable carrier, and in this case I provided you with this...

2. You cannot claim I have NOT kept in contact with you, and when out of town I managed to email you as soon as I returned...

3. You have not given it time to arrive at your doorstep, because if it is stuck in some depot or truck it will eventually make it to you...

4. You are not even considerate enough to think or suggest to me that it may be a lost package??

5. You went and filed a claim with paypal?? Now forgive me if I am an idiot, but were you not the one that sent a request same day that I had shipped
the XRC out to you??? What did you think? That I would be stupid enough to say yea heres your money and tell you to refuse the shipment???
I've already checked with USPS on this being a potentially lost package, so if the XRC turns out being lost during shipment it is insured.
And dont ask for this insurance ticket number because I would never give it you after you filed a claim with paypal, had you not done that I would have
gladly give you the number and you could have filed the claim with USPS yourself, but that is now out of the question...

So I am compiling my info in preparation in case it turns out being lost after 21 days since shipment date.

(a) Proof of Complete Loss of Article (letter from you the recipient certifying the package indeed not received and infact lost) I (the mailer) must present a written and signed document (such as a letter) from the addressee (you) dated at least 21 days after the article
was mailed, stating that the addressee did not receive the article. Remember that for a Lost Article, I cannot file a claim NO SOONER than 21days.

(b) Evidence of insurance,

(c) evidence of value

6. You then threaten me thru email... Buddy I would not be the least suprised if the XRC is in your hands and you are scamming me ???

7. I know first hand what it is to be ACTUALLY ripped off, and buddy you have not gone thru this and/or have followed any guidelines listed above.

In return I said.........

I am making a big deal about this because I sent you a large sum of money and took your word that I would be sent the car and you never sent it.
Yes ,you did provide me a tracking number but the number tells me no info because you never sent the package out.I do not know how many times I have
to tell you.The postal service says they have no record of you shipping any package whatsoever.The track number is valid but is not active until you actually send the package.
I guess your telling me that postal service lied to me all four times that I spoke with them?It does'nt matter I will not believe you have shipped anything unless the Postal service tells me other wise.
You did keep contact with me until friday but you stated that if I didn't get the package by monday you would look into the problem.Monday came you did not respond.Oddly enough you took time to respond
after you saw that I filed claim with paypal.You say I have not given it time to arrive?Postal service said it should have arrived last wednesday at the latest.Priority mail is 2-3 business days,not 2-3 business weeks.
It is now september 26th it has been almost a week and a half.Even though you are in california the postal service said there is no way it would take this long,but it doesn't matter because the package was never sent.
I cannot suggest a package to be lost if it wasn't shipped in the first place unless YOU lost it.I did not threaten through email ther is a difference between threatening and actually doing something ,which is why I did
something about it through recomendation from a paypal representative.Yes I saw what happened between you and BOWTIE1 and that is unfortunate so I am sure you know how I feel but you have done nothig to resolve the situation
You have also made it a point to avoid answering all of my questions in the previous emails about the product.In terms of me asking for my money back from you it was not to pull a scam I have no need to scam anyone.
I run a business through ebay and have over 200 positive feedback ,I also have many members, and administrators that can vouche for me on RCTECH.NET. What do you have?nothing? No feedback,
no confirmed address through paypal,not to mention the fact that you have multiple screen names on the same RCTECH.NET and RCuniverse.com AKA (NORCALITRADER),
AKA (MSAND9898),AKA (SACTOWNLATINO).Myself,I only have one screename on both sites.Why would you need multiple screen names?That would'nt sound fishy to you????This is what scammers do they have multiple names and accounts
to conduct dirty business so this is why I feel the way I do.You never did tell me about the pictures that oddly were the same ones in your for sale ad that you posted in a previous ad months ago.It looks like you used the pictures
that the previous owner of the car had taken and sent to you,so who knows what the car really looks like as of the present time.Trust me mario,if I had the car in my hands right now,it would not be worth all the time and effort
that I have put in just to find it remember it is the other way around YOU HAVE MY MONEY.I HAVE NOTHING!! You got delivery confirmation correct?That assures that the package was actually delivered into my hands but I never received it so how would I have the package without signing for it?
The matter is in paypal's hands now.You should never break your word especially to customers,you having your own
business as you claim should know this.Oh and by the way..I notice all of a sudden your email address is no longer valid
Strange coincidence I have been able to get in touch with you at this address until I filed a paypal claim now it does'nt work.

I filed a complaint with internet crime also and this will get the FBI involved so if they come knocking he'll know why.I know he is reading this as we speak and laughing about what he did to me while enjoying whatever he spent my $400 on

MARIO SANDOVAL IS A SCAMMER!!!! KARMA IS A B**** AND YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!

Last edited by speedemall; 10-26-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:41 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

What has paypal said? Have you called his local police department yet? If its how you say it is, he has commited a couple frauds already including mail fraud which is a federal offense. Go after this guy hard!
Old 10-07-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Well he actually owes paypal the money then it goes to me.If he doesn't pay them then he's in trouble.I have seen on the news what paypal is capable of when they are owed and it isnt pretty.I have heard of them using federal enforcement to get funds.As far as the police are concerned he may be even lying about his current address on his paypal account but I will be checking with his local law enforcement to see what can be done .My brother lives a few blocks from his address that he has listed so it is definately getting checked out.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Also worthy of follow-up is that by using the USPS label-printing system to create a label and supposed "tracking number" he has committed mail fraud even though he never mailed the package. The Postmaster General's office would be very interested in speaking with him as well.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

This guy, is digging his own grave as he has got alot of people after him, truely it is not worth all this trouble just to Steal $400.
Also i believe this statment to be true

"KARMA IS A B**** AND YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!"

4u2nv is right
"Go after this guy hard!" make him regret scamming you.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scottrik
Also worthy of follow-up is that by using the USPS label-printing system to create a label and supposed "tracking number" he has committed mail fraud even though he never mailed the package. The Postmaster General's office would be very interested in speaking with him as well.
Hey scottrik!! How are things?Seeing as how I have had business dealings with you I can be vouched for as an honest seller right?This guy tried to tell me that I was scamming him!!!!He said.....(How do I know you have'nt recieved the car and are just keeping it,then lying saying that you didn't get it.) HE NEVER SENT THE CAR OUT!!!!!!! I told him I have no reason to scam anyone I have an excellent rep all over the web especially on ebay at 200+.How would I get in touch with the postmaster general?
Old 10-08-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Champion

I'd vouch, but you won't need that. The simple fact is the postal system shows the package was never actually sent. It would have been scanned into their system and shown as such whether he dropped it in the outgoing box on his own or waited in line to leave it with the person at the counter.

Really, the odds of a package getting "lost" in the mail is infintesimal. The odds that same package didn't get scanned for some reason AND got lost are non-existant.

Go to your local PO and tell 'em what has happened and that you want to refer the case for investigation. I believe he has committed mail fraud just by saying he'd use the mail when he took your money. I KNOW he has by printing that label via their system in an attempt to dupe you.

I just went to the USPS site and searched under "mail fraud". You can go to this page http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/ to learn more AND there is a link to the online report form.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Speedmall, I agree with a 100% on this issue.
Something to think about or to learn from this unfortunate experience is that if you have someone you know and trust that is a couple of blocks from the listed address, use that to your advantage. Even if your Brother knows nothing about rc cars he could have paid with your funds and received product in person.

Again, I along with everyone is else am on your side. Just looking at this as a learning experience.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

well at the time he was on vacation so he couldn't have gotten it for me anyway. I just filed a police report so thats done and I am waiting to hear on their progress.And I did learn a lesson feedback goes a long way and I am going to do very extensive research on every person I do business with unless I see or hear otherwise.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

Angry

I'd vouch, but you won't need that. The simple fact is the postal system shows the package was never actually sent. It would have been scanned into their system and shown as such whether he dropped it in the outgoing box on his own or waited in line to leave it with the person at the counter.

Really, the odds of a package getting "lost" in the mail is infintesimal. The odds that same package didn't get scanned for some reason AND got lost are non-existant.

Go to your local PO and tell 'em what has happened and that you want to refer the case for investigation. I believe he has committed mail fraud just by saying he'd use the mail when he took your money. I KNOW he has by printing that label via their system in an attempt to dupe you.

I just went to the USPS site and searched under "mail fraud". You can go to this page http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors/fraud/ to learn more AND there is a link to the online report form.
LMOA!!!!!! THEY DON'T TO DIDLE SHIT!!!! you get a piece of recycled card board paper in the mail "9 months later"
Old 10-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Good news!!! The police called me back today and this guy is in some serious S*** I cannot wait!! Justice will prevail
Old 10-17-2007, 09:47 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Cool. Keep us updated! Im anxious to hear the outcome!
Old 10-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

idk if it makes a difference that it is FedEx but they straight up lost a package of mine. i would imagine the USPS is different
Old 10-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rdub202
idk if it makes a difference that it is FedEx but they straight up lost a package of mine. i would imagine the USPS is different
Absolutely...any of them CAN (and do) lose packages, but with the volume of packages they deal in it is really a freak occurance when it happens.

Similarly scanning the package into the system. I'd bet it plain doesn't happen, but hey, let's say it does now and again. Really would be another freak occurance.

My point was NOW look at the odds, a freak occurance stacked on top of a freak occurance...didn't happen. Period.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Suspended

Default To all you Fu#ers that dont know Sh#t

First of speedemall, you are a piece if sh#t!!

I had to buy your azz another XRC, I know your azz received it and I know you are just scamming me for another car...

Two, I have gone ahead and saved all these pages that you posted my detailed info, like name and email city, etc... So if something should happen to me or my property I can sue ANYONE on within this thead or website, like:

- Devin
- Scottrik
- Drake_wallride
- This website

Because for those that dont realize it by posting any personal info is illegal.
Because ANYONE that has membership here has access to it and can do harm to me or worst use my personal info (identity theft)

Scottrik: you know Sh#t about this being lost (unless you are infact the "package" so stay the Fu#k out!!

Drake_wallride: so by you saying "KARMA IS A B**** AND YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!" , that is now being taken as a personal and serious direct threat!!

Devin: you also threaten me by saying "KARMA IS A B**** AND YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!!". that is now being taken a personal and very serious direct threat!!

So most likely r/c tech will delete this post thread so I have downloaded the entire thread andor just my post, so I have proof in case I need to use it as proof...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.