Jarel (Avoid this guy)

Old 09-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Jarel (Avoid this guy)

I recently purchased a used Jammin Pro truggy from rctech member "Jarel", and I am extremely frustrated with how this sale turned out.

I specifically asked him to ship the truggy via USPS (priority air), to Canada. He lives in California. However, he decided to ship the package UPS Standard Ground because he gets a discount through his job that way. ANY time you ship across the border using major carriers like UPS, Fedex, or Purolator, they charge you a HUGE brokerage fee. My shipping bill came to $71! I emailed him prior to when he shipped the truck, and I asked him NOT to ship using this method. Jarel basically NEVER checks his pm's or his email, so he didn't get my message in time. His fault. Not mine.

To add further insult to injury, the truck came in terrible shape. It was coated with a very thick layer of dirt, and needed a complete rebuild. Upon closer inspection, almost $40 worth of parts needed to be replaced due to excessive wear and breakage. Considering the truck was listed as having 8 tanks of driving time on it, I was very disappointed once I witnessed what it looked like. It looked absolutely NOTHING like it did in the pictures he sent me. Overall, what started off as a $300 transaction, ended up costing me over $410.

Any inquiries I had in regards to buying this truck, took a MINIMUM of 2 or 3 days to get a response back from him. That is extremely frustrating, and a very unprofessional way of doing business.

I have contacted my lawyer, and I am considering the idea of taking legal action against Jarel. This entire transaction has been hell the whole way through.

BOYCOTT this member. He is currently trying to sell an RTR Jammin truggy, and I'm sure he will scam the person that tries to buy it. He should definitely be banned from this website altogether.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

It sucks that you had a bad experience, but drop the posturing. You didn't contact an attorney and you don't have a leg to stand on if you did. How old are you? You sound young and ill advised. Anytime you purchase something on the internet it is buyer beware.

Just chalk this up to a learning experience and move on. It has happened to everyone at one time or another.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

I was taken advantage of, for over $120. I have enough of his personal information, that pursuing legal action wouldn't be very difficult to do.

My point is to make other's aware of his blatant internet scamming. Needless to say, I'm a little bit pissed off You would feel the same way, I'm sure.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

yur in another country though....
Old 09-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

im not saying that you doent have any reason to be upset, but the fact that your in another country your gonna need to get the international courts involved....
Old 09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Regardless of who lives where, you're asking for trouble by doing business with this guy. I wish to prevent others from dealing with all the sh!t that I had to deal with. Enough said.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:21 PM

Wow I missed the bullet on that one.

Regardless of what happened, Taking legal action, then you are looking to spend way more than you have already. It sucks that it turned out that way. I try to judge my gear now lower than it is so the buyer gets more than he expected. If its New, then its new.

I agree that this will have to be a learning experience. Leave the guy appropriate feedback.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

You only lost $120, what court, besides small claims do you think is going to hear your case? Being as you are in another country, you have no recourse. It will cost you more just to fly to represent yourself in small claims.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

lol you make it seem like losing $120 is no big dealIf it was YOU that lost that money, you would feel differently.
Seeing as how I live in Canada, I don't have many options available to me. It's unfortunate how the legal system is setup the way it is. I'm sure he'll scam someone in the US eventually, who will take then take the appropriate re-course.

The bottom line here, is that you should avoid doing business with this dooshbag. Take my grievances as a lesson learned.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

be lucky that you even got the damn thing..

you could have been out more..

you as a buyer did you even ask for pics..

anytime you ask for pics make sure you get the first set. and then ask them for one with their name in the pic.. to make sure the pic is current..
now even though you were the victim. you were ignorant enough to let yourself get had.. even though he got you in a minor way.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Allow me to refer you to his sale ad on this website: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=176403

Now let me tell you what I found once I inspected the truck:
- blown rear diff
- gritty and seized bearings throughout the entire vehicle
- front bearing blown out on the engine
- cracked king-pins on front left corner
- bent center universal (front)

I have every reason to believe that he ran the truck again and crashed it, AFTER he took those pictures. And no, you f'n moron, I always request pictures before I buy rc related stuff online. His sale ad has a very honest look to it, and the truggy appeared to be in great shape. He even went as far as saying "Both cars have seen maybe 6-8 tanks of fuel threw them and about 4 days of practice at the track".......BULLSH1T. This car isn't even driveable in the condition that it's in. I will have to go through and give it a complete overhaul before it sees another drop of fuel.

It's almost like you guys are defending this clown? lmao To each his own.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

not defending but pointing out your ignorance..

now.. if you were smart.. which im probably sure youll do for now on..

is ask for photos with their name and the date in them...

now if you did that like a good lil buyer.. you probably would have seen how thrashed it was..

and if he was reluctant to get you pics.. then there was obviously something up.

now. that you learned your lesson are you gonna be a little more cautious. ?

and remember be thankful that you actually got anything.
even though it was wrong of him.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

With the exception of you, the population of people who ask to see pictures with the seller's name in them is probably zero. It's a good suggestion, but I'm not ignorant for neglecting to make such a request.

Now you, my fine-feathered friend, can take your "good lil" useless half-assed advice, and jam it up your colon.

*puts chewiefttc4 on ignore list*

Now that's 2 idiots I won't have to hear from again If I ever come across another dishonest rctech member during a private sale, I'll be sure to keep my mouth shut. I'll just let you guys find out for yourselves
Old 09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

well i will thank u for letting me know about this guy and now i see the other guy that has to stick his nose in someone else's stuff.which he has no clue about ur deal and i don't either but thanks for the heads up oh and i don't ask for a pic with their name next to it because u can always crop it in and make it look great thanks and sorry to see ur deal gone south
Old 09-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

so this poor kid gets scammed and you all are blaming him?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service