Neon05 - Deadbeat buyer

Old 05-03-2007, 06:16 AM
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Thumbs down Neon05 - Deadbeat buyer

Anyone dealing with this guy needs to watch out. I had a Truer for sale here http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=156763 . I also listed it on ebay. This guy made me an offer of $150 so I made a deal with him and accepted his offer. He said he could only pay by Money order and I reluctantly agreed, I ended the ebay auction when he said the M.O. was in the mail. To cut to the chase after one month and supposedly sending me 2 money orders which I never received either of he tells me he has a paypal account but needs to deposit money in it. I waited over a week for this to happen and it never did. I am still not really sure what he was trying to pull but sellers beware......

P.S. He is probably going to retaliate over this post as our e-mails back and forth have been quite nasty, I think this guy is probably a kid and is very irresponsible. I have plenty of positive feedback on ebay and other forums including this one....he has none so who would you believe?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TAW
I have plenty of positive feedback on ebay and other forums including this one....he has none so who would you believe?
Certainly not the jacka$$ who expects ANYONE to believe two consecutive pieces of mail to ANY address can be "lost".

No worries. Just too bad you got stuck dealing with someone dishonorable like that.

Scottrik
Old 05-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dead beat buyers happen all the time. Lesson learned on your part i hope, dont believe anything till the money is in your hand. Your fault for cancelling the auction and waiting that long. Easy solution only use paypal and if someone wants something they have 24hours to pay or no deal.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:15 AM
TAW
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yup lesson learned...I knew I should not have canceled the auction but I try to find the good in people and trust their word, you know the whole treat others as you would like to be treated crap! Never again!

Originally Posted by schmelme
Dead beat buyers happen all the time. Lesson learned on your part i hope, dont believe anything till the money is in your hand. Your fault for cancelling the auction and waiting that long. Easy solution only use paypal and if someone wants something they have 24hours to pay or no deal.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

I'd say that if a fellow can produce reasonable feedback then cancelling auction and/or accepting MO payment isn't necessarily a bad thing (I generally like to assume the best too). As far as I can tell, though, this character didn't really have any feedback to point too though. That has changed, of course...
Old 05-04-2007, 11:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with Scottrik...

Not just 2 consecutive pieces of mail....
He mailed TWO money orders? Um, wasn;t he curious what happened to the first????
Dang - I ain't got THAT kinda' dough to toss around....send a second and worry about the first later?

Yeah. OK - Right.

Although, I wouldn't end an eBay auction early for ANYONE without money first... It's not really trust, it's that, well, sh!t happens...you never know.
I'd rather wait, because I paid for the listing to begin with, until the $$ are in hand/in paypal.