Bschorr - Bad seller, *never* again

Old 10-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)
Default Bschorr - Bad seller, *never* again

Bought a xxx-cr from him.. or supposedly from a relative of his, same difference.

Let's just make a short list of everything that went wrong, most of which happened magically after I sent the payment.

Asked him if one of the front turnbuckles was bent, as it looked bent in the photo. The reply I got was "no, they're straight.. checked them myself." Sure enough, it was bent when it finally arrived.

Send the payment on a weeknight, he didn't give a definite shipping date but said that it would probably ship by that Saturday. Almost a week later, still nothing. He lives in WI and I live in IL - a snail would have it here in a day or two. Contacted him, asked what happened.. he gave me the excuse that his cousin was watching their aunt's dog. What that had to do with not being able to ship.. no idea. Wherever his aunt lives, they have a post office. Mentioned that, was then told that the cousin had had to work late that day. Well... the post office is open on Saturday, which came and went with no shipping. No answer to that one. The car sat over a week before it went out. I don't mind being told that there was a delay, or that you just didn't feel like going.. but repeatedly lying about something like that? Ugh.

Jumping around in the timeline a bit, but the night that I sent the payment.. and AFTER I sent the payment... he said that he had the car there with him, but was giving it back to his cousin to run again before being shipped. Uh, I just paid for that.. if he wasn't done running it he shouldn't be selling it in my book. VERY tacky. Not even smart enough to just run it and not mention it.

Asked him if the manual was included.. he said "I don't know" along with "probably" and "maybe." at different points. Showed up, sure enough.. no manual. Also missing were the servo mounts and the rear body mounts. Not a huge deal, but that's $12 worth of parts that are parts that *should* come with the car. Contacted him, he said they'd be shipped out. It's not another week and a half later.. still no missing parts, still no manual, no reply since he said they'd go out. After the car finally shipped, I was told that the manual ("or some setups sheets, or something") shipped with the car.. none were included. Yet another lie, on top of a string of lies.

The car itself was in average condition, other than the bent turnbuckle that I specifically asked about and was told was fine. The other things wrong with it were common things you'd expect from a novice builder - no oil in one shock, the others all low.. that type of thing. The car did come, eventually... after sitting around for almost a week and a half. The missing (and promised) parts, still missing over a week after the fact.

He was perfectly friendly throughout the transaction, so for the people that seem to think that being polite means being a good seller... WRONG.

The string of lies, and the missing parts? The first wasn't necessary, the second would have literally taken a stamp and an envelope to fix. Wouldn't even require a post office trip, just a mailbox.

BAD SELLER - too many lies, too many excuses, missing parts.
Old 10-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Bought a xxx-cr from him.. or supposedly from a relative of his, same difference.

Let's just make a short list of everything that went wrong, most of which happened magically after I sent the payment.

Asked him if one of the front turnbuckles was bent, as it looked bent in the photo. The reply I got was "no, they're straight.. checked them myself." Sure enough, it was bent when it finally arrived.

Send the payment on a weeknight, he didn't give a definite shipping date but said that it would probably ship by that Saturday. Almost a week later, still nothing. He lives in WI and I live in IL - a snail would have it here in a day or two. Contacted him, asked what happened.. he gave me the excuse that his cousin was watching their aunt's dog. What that had to do with not being able to ship.. no idea. Wherever his aunt lives, they have a post office. Mentioned that, was then told that the cousin had had to work late that day. Well... the post office is open on Saturday, which came and went with no shipping. No answer to that one. The car sat over a week before it went out. I don't mind being told that there was a delay, or that you just didn't feel like going.. but repeatedly lying about something like that? Ugh.

Jumping around in the timeline a bit, but the night that I sent the payment.. and AFTER I sent the payment... he said that he had the car there with him, but was giving it back to his cousin to run again before being shipped. Uh, I just paid for that.. if he wasn't done running it he shouldn't be selling it in my book. VERY tacky. Not even smart enough to just run it and not mention it.

Asked him if the manual was included.. he said "I don't know" along with "probably" and "maybe." at different points. Showed up, sure enough.. no manual. Also missing were the servo mounts and the rear body mounts. Not a huge deal, but that's $12 worth of parts that are parts that *should* come with the car. Contacted him, he said they'd be shipped out. It's not another week and a half later.. still no missing parts, still no manual, no reply since he said they'd go out. After the car finally shipped, I was told that the manual ("or some setups sheets, or something") shipped with the car.. none were included. Yet another lie, on top of a string of lies.

The car itself was in average condition, other than the bent turnbuckle that I specifically asked about and was told was fine. The other things wrong with it were common things you'd expect from a novice builder - no oil in one shock, the others all low.. that type of thing. The car did come, eventually... after sitting around for almost a week and a half. The missing (and promised) parts, still missing over a week after the fact.

He was perfectly friendly throughout the transaction, so for the people that seem to think that being polite means being a good seller... WRONG.

The string of lies, and the missing parts? The first wasn't necessary, the second would have literally taken a stamp and an envelope to fix. Wouldn't even require a post office trip, just a mailbox.

BAD SELLER - too many lies, too many excuses, missing parts.
I know how this looks for me, I was in a vulnerable position being the middle man, selling a friends car for him. I posted this because I am familure with posting, pics, etc. Any grief should be geared towards "pballkid21587"

..And as for your comment about "novice builder"... All I can say is laugh.. dont even know where to begin on that one. I am veri meticulous with my shit. Ask pballkid

Peace
Ben
Old 10-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Just blow off LC's condecendence. R/C "elitists" like him need to get their cheap shots in where and when they can. It's individuals like him that ruin this hobby for the general populous.

Last edited by XXWoodmanXX; 10-09-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

LC seems like a good guy, just that the person i was selling stuff for can sometimes be too lazy.
Old 10-09-2006, 05:46 PM

Trader Rating: 151 (99%+)

Originally Posted by XXWoodmanXX
Just blow off LC's condecendence. R/C "elitists" like him need to get their cheap shots in where and when they can. It's individuals like him that ruin this hobby for the general populous.
Regardless of lasagna's previous "issues" on here, he has a legitimate gripe. Ben isn't disputing what LC says, even. If LC didn't get everything he was supposed to, and the product WASN'T as described, then he got shafted.

And Ben, it would prolly be in your best interest to make this right, even if it's out of your pocket....cuz when you sell for someone, you ARE taking responsibility for the transaction, just as much as the owner. I know you have great feedback on here, so don't ruin it with this. Make it right, and then make your "friend" make it right with you....

And why people think that it's okay to continue using/racing something that has been sold and paid for already, is beyond me. Had a similar discussion with another member on here, on a different thread quite a while back, and he thought that it was okay too....lol.
I'll never understand it.....
Old 10-09-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Aargh.. double post, see below.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BSchorr
I know how this looks for me, I was in a vulnerable position being the middle man, selling a friends car for him.
If you recall, we had that very discussion. I very definitely mentioned that you'd be the one held responsible if 'he' did anything wrong. You said you knew that, but that he was family.. guess that was supposed to make it okay. Even sent you a few notes that nothing had come, and that I was going to leave feedback if nothing did show up in a timely manner. Gave you PLENTY of time and advance notice, still nothing... so I made the post. <shrug>

As far as the car itself... Without knowing each other personally, there's no way of knowing the skill level or knowledge of the other party - please don't assume that your meticulous is the same as mine. I'd never run the car with a bent front turnbuckle, which is why I asked about it prior to purchase when you lied and said it wasn't bent. Right there we differ on acceptable running condition - which is fine, if we all thought the same things the world would be a bit boring. I gave what I thought was an accurate description of condition.. trying to get across that when you buy a used vehicle, you (should, hopefully) expect there to be some minor issues with it. Minor issues are fine. Missing pieces, however, are unacceptable to me.. that was my point, it wasn't a personal slam.

I have no problem editing the post if/when the missing parts come... but after this length of time I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on them.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

I think you got confused with the hole "Race it one more time before i send it deal" That was concerning his MF2 he had. Just wanted to clear that up. I can contact Kevin aka PBallkid and ask him to get that stuff sent out. I have moved away 3 states actually since after this sale, So I will contact him and see how that goes.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

I think you got confused with the hole "Race it one more time before i send it deal" That was concerning his MF2 he had. Just wanted to clear that up. I can contact Kevin aka PBallkid and ask him to get that stuff sent out. I have moved away 3 states actually since after this sale, So I will contact him and see how that goes.
No, you were very clear that it was the buggy that was being run again... not sure why you'd try and change that after the fact, yet another lie. And for the record, I didn't buy an MF2.. so there was no discussion of a truck at any point, let alone me being sent one.

And just for kicks.. how come the buggy was supposedly owned by either a cousin or friend (it changes back and forth a few times) initially, yet when the condition of the buggy came into question you said:

I am veri meticulous with my shit.
Now the buggy was/is yours? And you conveniently moved three states away in the last week? Even if you did move, your instant messenger was always on.. you were receiving PM's.. it's not like I didn't contact you during that time period. The night I sent you the payment for the buggy, you supposedly called the cousin/friend on the phone to check about the price. Did he magically change his phone number at the same time you moved? When the cousin/friend was at his aunt's house, in the town with no post office, did the dog he was dogsitting for eat his cell phone leaving you no way to contact him?

More lies.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Grr

Last edited by BSchorr; 10-10-2006 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:58 AM

Print the manual/setup sheets off the Losi site
Stop bitching about a set of $2 dollar servo mounts
Lastly.. Stop being a drama queen

I have boughtin tons of vehicles off rctech where they have been missing something that is needed to make the car go, but you dont see me posting about them. I have been lied to, but you dont see me posting about them. Why you ask.. Cause Im just a nice guy.
No, he shouldn't have to print the manual. He shouldn't have to buy the parts himself, and he's NOT being a drama queen!!!!
You, Ben, are the one that was stupid for not reporting it when you didn't get what you bought and paid for, or were lied to. And even if that's the case, what does that have to do with you being a part of LC being ripped off?? Losing alot of respect for you Ben......
Old 10-10-2006, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Print the manual/setup sheets off the Losi site
Stop bitching about a set of $2 dollar servo mounts
They're actually $6 servo mounts. I don't know the price on the body mounts offhand, but I would imagine they're about the same. I don't need (and never asked for) setup sheets, but as I told you before the manual is handy to look up part numbers - we have to order Losi parts online because none of the LHS's close carry them. And on top of all this, I'm not even asking you to replace the bent turnbuckle (that you claimed wasn't bent,) just the missing parts needed to run the car.

When I first told you these were missing, you said "he left the mounts on the servo when he took the servo out, I'll have him send that stuff out for you." Now I should forget about the missing parts and move on? Quite a change in attitude, Ben. And drama? No.. simple fact. Send the parts, I'll be a happy camper, you may learn a life lesson along the way.. I'll even post here that you did finally rectify the issue... everyone is happy.
Old 10-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

When you buy used...You get used. Best way to avoid this, Buy new. I mean, Your buying something used..Why? To save money. It might cost $500 new and you pay $200 used. I dont think I have ever bought anything used and didnt have to turn around and put some money in it. Anyone buying something used and expect not to spend a dime on it is absent minded.

If you need a manual, Try here. They pretty much cover everything.
http://www.rcdocuments.com/
Old 10-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Everything you requested went out today, manual, body mounts (most people use velcro as thats what was included) and servo mounts, It was a mis communication between bschorr and myself with him moving we just got out of touch. Sorry about it and you should see everything in 2 to 3 days.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Crashhole
When you buy used...You get used. Best way to avoid this, Buy new. I mean, Your buying something used..Why? To save money. It might cost $500 new and you pay $200 used. I dont think I have ever bought anything used and didnt have to turn around and put some money in it. Anyone buying something used and expect not to spend a dime on it is absent minded.

If you need a manual, Try here. They pretty much cover everything.
http://www.rcdocuments.com/
I disagree....When you buy something new, OR USED, you should get everything that was supposed to come with the deal, and it should come JUST as it was described, not with bent parts that you were told were good (or not mentioned at all), and not have missing parts that were supposed to be there. That's called being ripped off....
Yes, don't expect new product when you buy used, but do expect to get everything you were told you would, and expect all the used equipment to be included, in the condition it was stated in the description....no more, no less....

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service